Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I am pondering over my next IVF cycle and what I can do to help things along a bit etc. I read something that kimric had written about having complete bed rest for the first week which I am considering trying this time, although I don't know if it will send me crazy or not!  :eek:

For the second week I am seriously thinking of going to stay with some family in Scotland so that I can completely rest. I just know that if I am at hime I won't be able to sit still and will have to be doing things around the house! If I don't I will just sit and worry about them!  :mad:I will also be tempted to go in to work as we have our own business and its very close.

Just wondering if anyone can give any tips etc and does anyone know if flying is safe during the 2ww as I don't fancy the drive up!

Thanks in advance for any replies

Love, Rachel xxx

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Rachel,

I initially planned to take the full 2ww off. I took it really easy for 4 days after ET (not complete bedrest, just moved between bed and sofa!) mainly because I felt too rough to go anywhere. Was bored so went back to work on Friday, took to my bed again at the weekend, managed half a day on the Monday, then bed rest until testing 3 days early.

I got my BFP as you know but I really think that you have to do what feels best for you at the time. There is a poll in the Voting Room section you might want to take a look at. Girls have stayed at home and got BFPs, as much as those who went to work if I remember rightly. My consultant just said "act as though you were pregnant" which means life goes on as normal, I guess.

You might find you want to be near DH in the second week, I know I did. As for flying, I'm windy about flying full stop, but if I were you I'd ask my consultant as soon as you see him next.

I so hope this is the one for you, Buddy, wishing you all the luck in the world.

Caroline
xxxx

·
Registered
2 Posts
dear reacheal,
i can understand what you are going through right now, i did not go through ivf, but i took clomid and hcg injection,on the thirteenth day of my cycle, and im still waiting for the two weeks to come quickly, it is not easy to stay calm, but i try by reading novels and watching movies that are quite interesting,they help me stay calm just a little bit, but not totally, i just want to remind you not to take too long journeys, as this might stress you all the more, try and do something that you love,that is not strenous at all, to get your mind off it, i wish you  all the best.
chioma okirikpo.
nigeria

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Rachel,

Like you I question if I should be doing anything different this time round during my 2ww, but I feel what will be will be and as long as you are listening to your own body then you will know what is instinctively right for it, no matter what everybody else thinks.

From what ive read I believe that the first 48 hours are the most important and this is the time to rest, but aside from that there isnt anything we can do to influence the outcome, its all down to mother nature...

With regards to flying, my clinic have said that this is not recomended due to the cabin pressure having some effect on the body at this delicate time, im sure your clinic will be able to advise you though..

Hope any of that helps....take care
Andrea x

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your replies. Having thought about it further I feel that I don't think I could be away from dh for that long at that time so probably won't go away. However, I need to try and relax and not worry about things which is going to be hard! I have got lots of films that we haven't watched yet so probably start to delve into those and I know my sister has lots of books I haven't read. Also, I am really into sewing and cross stitching so I'm going to make sure I have a few new projects to keep me busy! and if dh does the things that will stress me most, that will help!!

Thanks again for your replies,

Good luck with testing Chioma x

Rachel xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts