Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I have got five days of my 2ww left and have got a really sore throat and cold symptoms, can i take anything for my sore throat.  DH bought me some strepsils last night but says on the box, to consult your doctor if pregnant so darent take them now. 

Look forward to hearing from you.

XX C

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
i had a chest infection from 5 days before my 2ww finished and felt terrible, so bad we were actually away down at the lake district and had to come home. And i got a BFP
You could buy dispersible paracetamol and gargle with it, hope you feel better soon and that you get your BFP
K xxxxxx ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
MW said to me yesyerday to stay away from cold and flu remedies, can take simple linctus and honey and lemon with hot water, hope you feel better soon x xx

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi there,

I had a really bad cold just after getting my BFP and was told not to take any cold/flue meds as not safe for the baby. The only thing you can take is paracetamol, like Buster said try soluble paracetamol and gurgle it. I would also recomend a glass of warm water with lemon juice and 1 or 2 tea spoons of honey.
My cold lasted nearly 3 weeks and i found the lemon and honey drink quite good at unblocking my sinuses and keeping me hydrated.
Unfortunately when you're pregnant you're much more prone to colds etc as your immune system is weakened (i had 2 really long colds that lasted over 3 weeks each which is really unusual for me).

Get well soon.
A+A. xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts