Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Transfer yesterday and just wondering if I should still be taking Metformin.  I took it yesterday but my Mum asked me today after the clinic had shut if I should still be taking it.  I'll ring them tomorrow but wondered if anyone here would know.

cheers

·
Registered
477 Posts
I see no one has answered this for you so I guess you are still unsure about taking metformin, or maybe you have got hold of your clinic. I asked this a while back and you may be able to find the thread but all I will say is I got very mixed responses from people on here.  Some saying they had heard to keep taking it as studies in the United States had shown it works to prevent miscarriages, others said to stop taking it as soon as you found out you were pregnant.

I would definitely speak to your doctor or consultant to see what they advise.  My consultant has advised me to keep taking it until I get a positive pregnancy test then stop.  I would imagine that if you stopped taking it every 2ww you had, you would only be taking it 2 out of every 4 weeks in the month, which doesn't seem sensible!    I want to keep taking it though even if I get a positive test, as I think my body is used to it, after a year of taking it, and it will be a shock to stop.  I'm going to ask again next time I go.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
I would keep taking it untill told otherwise by your clinic. when you get your bfp your clinic will advise what to do as they can all vary

Good luck hun ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Nikki xx

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

I spoke the the unit and they said to keep taking it.

cheers
c

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
C,

I`m on Metformin as well and I`ve been told I will be taking it after the ET as well until the test day. When I got BFN with my FET they had told me to stop taking it after the test. Not too sure what happens when you get a BFP. So, best to follow what your clinic says.

I was also told by my clinic that it can improve egg quality especially for those with PCO/PCOS, reduce the risk of miscarriage, and help implantation. Couldn`t ask for more right? ;) ;)

Oh and... as it`s normally taken by diabetics the doctor said lot`s of diabetics get pregnant when on Metformin and some even continue taking it during their pregnancy (when we asked if there`s any risks).

Hope this helps.

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for a BFP for you.

xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts