Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had et 19th july, is it still too early to test yet. Hopsital wants me on 4th August which would be day 16. I've had enough of the waiting, i just want to know now.
Love
Welshy, Steve, Morcameb and Wise (2 embies we are hoping are sticking around for another nine months)X

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Hi Jan - you could probably test if you wanted to as you are 13dpt so in theory a good HPT would give you an accurate result i think?!

I am 9dpt (14 days post retrieval) and am due to go for my blood test tomorrow but am very tempted to test today... but then again i don't want to know if it is negative as it has been so nice up til now - do you know what i mean?
part of me wants to do it though just so that i can get on with things though!
aaaaagggggghhhh!! the tension! let me know what you decide to do! and good luck!!

nicxxx

·
Registered
144 Posts
hi nic and jan-just wanted to wish you loads of luck ^fairydust^love nic :-* :-* :-*

·
Registered
568 Posts
Welshy

I just posted on the donor thread to you. At my hospital you test 14 days after ET so for you that would be tomorrow - I think you should do it then! We want to know!!!

Love Ange x

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Text book rules say don't test until at least day 14!

We couldnt hold out though and did test a few days early.

Dont forget if you test now and your HPT does'nt come up positive it doesnt mean it hasnt worked - and you will need to test again, in a couple of days time on your clinics suggested date!!! ;)

Sending lots of luck and cuddles,

Tony,
xxx

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would say dont test as i did on 12dpo and got a BFN and thought it was all over. Tested on 14dpo like clinic told me to and got a BFP so i advise everyone not to test early as it could cause undue stress.

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Hiya Jan :-*
Gawd!.....the waiting must be driving you ^smash^
Let us know what you decided....I know I couldn't wait... ;D
Lots of luck & love
Angel
XX

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could be all over folks, very very slight show in wee wipe today, won't even bother to test now, just see what nature decides.
Love
Welshy, Steve and gang (hoping theyy are still here)X

·
Registered
167 Posts
Jan dont give up yet i had a show 2 days before test date and on test date and everything is fine now and i am 5 weeks 2 days pregnant and HCG levels rising nicely. Dont give up hun test in the morning when you are 14dpt and fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did the test, I know I was stupid to do it but I did. BFN. So gutted, cried and cried. in the back of my mind I keep saying it is not day 14 yet, but all sore boobs, tight tummy are gone.
Love
Welshy

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Welshy

Not sure what to say hun. Don't want to give false hope, but at the same time, don't want to say sorry, because it's not really test day today and your AF isn't in full flow. So many people have some loss but go on to have a positive, and so many test on day 13 and get a neg, only to get a positive on day 14.

So, I'm going to hang onto some hope for you that tomorrow will bring better news, and AF doesn't arrive properly in the meantime.

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi Jan

Like Jayne I do not want to give false hope here so all I will say is that the advice our clinic give is not to test early and that it is important to test even if you have had a show or a bleed.

Take care

Clare

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
hiya jan

keeping everything crossed for you that 2morrow u will see that BFP

it is a day early right??

thinking of u and hoping and praying for u also

1 - 13 of 13 Posts