Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have just done a hpt on day 12 on diui( 2days too early) it was a natural cycle apart from one hcg injection to help me on my way. had injection 2 weeks ago today. anyway did test at about 5 oclock it was a very very faint positive, so faint it was barely there.  what does this mean? had reply to same topic on 2ww they say a line is a line!!. I'm not sure. can anyone help. have you ever had a pos that turned neg. maybe there is still a small amount of hcg from injection still left in me.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi Caren
I'm not an expert on these things having never got that far but maybe wait til you are 14 says past IUI and see what that test comes up with. You couyld ask your clinic to give you some guidence as well.
Good luck and fingers crossed.
Chick

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Caren

I'm a little different to you as I had ICSI but this also involved the HCG injection.

Like you I did a hpt 2 or 3 days beforew the 'official' one and got a very very faint positive line.  My emotions were all over the place not knowing!!!!  I tested each day at home after that until BT day and each one came back with the same faint line .....  I'm now 14 + 5 wekks pregnant with twins!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I posted a msg on here asking for advice and the majority were telling me that a line is a line!  The clinic said that the line wouldn't have come from the injection.

Personally I would say CONGRATULATIONS - looks like your preggers  ^congrats^ but wait until your 'official' BT before you crack open the champagne!!!!! 

Good luck amd PLEASE let me know what happens
Love, hugs and lots of babydust  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
Kate xxx

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone for your support. 

anyway I did another test this morning after swearing not to until Sunday (i knew i shouldn’t have brought a twin pack) I did it first thing at about 6.30am its was still very very faint I actually think it was fainter than yesterday :-\. I was expecting it to be bolder because I thought hcg is meant to double daily.  I am convinced that I still have hcg in me from injection.  I am really feeling desperate now.  Does anyone think that if I am preg that the line will still be faint 2morrow.  I am expecting too much to think that the line will actually flash multi colour at me and sing congratulations!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oh Caren what an old two and eight you must be in my lovely.....

Like the others have said line is a line or certainly thats what ive always been told....

Could youre clinic or GP perhaps do a blood test to put your mind at rest ?

Good luck for sunday...

Luv Andrea

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Caren

It's an awful time isn't it??

Like I said in my earlier post I got the same faint line on the 3 tests I did before my BT which worried me like mad as I was expecting it to get darker each day but it didn't.

I think that a darker line finally appeared about 2 days AFTER the BT .... yeah we still did hpt's for a couple of days after the +ive just to make sure the clinic hadn't made a mistake  ;D  My mind was only put at rest when I saw that darker line (which would've been about day 17 or 18 after fertilisation).

Don't know if this puts your mind at rest
Take care
Kate xxx

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would agree with Kate, i had several faint +ves before it went darker.

Feeling very +ve about you!

Love p XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Caren

I would agree with the others about taking several days before the line got any darker.

Like you I tested a few days early on my IUI cycle and got a faint line, it continued to be faint for quite a few days after the inital test. I think all in all I must have done about 12 HPT's before I believed it ! I am now 20 weeks pregnant !!

Good Luck - Let us know how you get on.

Michelle x

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi,

A friend of mine had this problem and was convinced the test may turn negative but visited gp who said a negative result could still be a positive, but a positive result is definitely a positive which sounds great for you chick xxxx maybe you should test with first response as this is the earliest pg test you can do as you can test 3 days b4 af is due.

Wishing you lots of luck and bucketloads of babydust  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Love pining4apeanut xxxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts