Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mel, Jeanette,

I am now in the 2nd week of the 2ww and I was wondering if it is safe to go swimming. I have been out walking to get some exercise and I am trying to take it as easy as possible but I thought swimming may be a possibility. I have booked 2 weeks holiday from work so that I can be stress free. I am trying a different tactic this time as the last couple of times I went straight back to work but it can be a very stressful job so this time I took the time off. So, to bide some time I thought I might go swimming but I'm not if it is the best thing to do or not? Any advice?

Many thanks
Kitten (Debbie)

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hi Debbie

I am not too sure about this, but I am sure that I read a post on here that said to avoid swimming until implantation has occured (to avoid muscles being strained).

I maybe wrong so hopefully one of the girls will correct me.

Good luck.

Love

Jeanette

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Debbie

I have been advised to do no swimming in the first few weeks so I wouldn't take the chance if I were you.

Sorry this is probably what you do not want to hear but better to be safe. They also told me no hoovering either!

Michelle

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the advice, I wasn't too sure. When I spoke to my clinic originally they said you can do anything within reason ??? But you've made up my mind for me I don't think I will take the chance. Thanks again ;)

Kitten x

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Kitten

No worries - you just get so much conflicting information on these things!! Heres hoping we both get BFPs on our FET!

Michelle

·
Registered
442 Posts
hi Kitten

I've always been advised not to go swimming or take a bath during the 2ww.
Lois

1 - 6 of 6 Posts