Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I had my ET on Friday last week, since then I have suffered terribly with trapped wind.  I normally suffer from something my doc called gastro-reflux which I used to take medicine for (which I can't take now!)  I know that wind is a side effect of the pessaries I am taking but I spent the whole night on the floor last night and didn't sleep a wink.  My dh didn't know what to do and wanted to take me to A & E!  I know that gastro reflux is painful but this was hell!  I am so bloated I look pregnant (!!!) and can't bear to have anything touch or come near to my belly.

I have been advised by my clinic to drink milk and if it gets really bad I can take Gaviscon.  I go back to work on Monday and am dreading feeling like this on a tube!  Do you have any suggestions to help me feel a bit more normal?

Thanks

meonline x

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi Meonline,
Sorry to hear the pain you're in.
I suffer from trapped wind alot and pepermint water works really well for me.
You can get the ready mixed pepermint water from the pharmacy.
Hope this helps.
Kia.x

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kia

Thanks Kia I will give that a try.  Hopefully I will get some sleep tonight.

Thanks again

Meonline xx

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi I am on the 2ww wait and suffer reflux for which I am on lansoprazole other name zoton 15mg once a day, no one told me not to take it so have been carrying on - you have now worried me that I shouldn't have.  I sympathise because I know if I miss mine for one day then I suffer. 

Not sure if I've helped you or you me  ;D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Nightnurse

I am sorry if I have worried you and it is great to know someone understands how painful it can be.  I was being told so many different things by my clinic, GP and pharmacist I thought I might get a better answer here!  Peppermint tea has helped alot as has drinking milk - I feel alot less bloated aswell which is nice.

Good luck on your wait
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts