Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi iam new o this site and to icsi so very nervous, I am 5 dpt and have had pains since retrieval. Now getting stabbing pain similar to water infection type pain and terrible trapped wind which hasn't helped.
I am worried this means that i am going to start a period instead of there being a positive outcome. have you known any one else have these symptoms?
Kiera

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kiera,

I know that it is such a worrying time, but try to stay calm. Are you taking progesterone pessies? they could be causing your trapped wind/bloatedness.

Drinking plenty of water (2l per day, more if able)wouldn't be a bad idea, this would be helpful for both water infection or mild ohss (which is when the ovaries hyperstimulate due to medication, and can continue to swell with fluid filled cysts causing pain, which would need to be monitored by clinic). Or it could simply be your womb geting ready for pg!

Sometimes there are no straightforward reasons, but that doesn't mean that your tx has not worked. I think that it would be worthwhile calling your clinic for some reassurances anyway.

I hope that this helps a little, keeping my fingers crossed for your little miracle.

Love Nic xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Kiera
Don't panic but do call your clinic for advice. I thought I shouldn't trouble mine and regretted it. I did get OHSS, mildly, but enough to keep me in bed for the week, so you just get your clinic to do what they're paid for and give you some advice. They wont mind at all. I was asked about bladder pain but didn't have any. The bloaty wind feeling though can be either a normal side effect of the progesterone and the hormones from your stims still in your body, or a touch of mild OHSS. Most people get it very mildly, but if you are in real discomfort just call your clinic and they'll analyse your symptoms so you can put your mind at ease.

Drink as much as you possibly can - at least 2litres, avoid tea coffee and any other caffeine, and wee at least every 2 hours (sorry if it hurts!). You need to clear out all the hormones and fluid in your system. I was also told to eat lots of protein rich foods (eggs, cheese, red meat, chicken, fish), which you could do too as a precaution. It really worked for me.
And you can take paracetamol, I was assured it doesn't do any harm in normal doses.

If you've got a bit of bladder infection, I find drinking cranberry juice works a dream!

Rest up and don't worry too much. I was told that even if it hurts it is not going to affect the emby.

good luck,
claire

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou Nic and Claire for your advice.

I have done a multi stick test and there is no infection. I am using the pessary's so that explains the wind. I will contact the clinic in the morning for advice on the other pain unfortunatley i am private not nhs so it's been an expensive time but hopefully worth it.

Thanks again for the advice

Kiera

1 - 4 of 4 Posts