Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I had my little embies transferre and on Tuesday and because I have previously bled in my 2WW I am now double dosage (yes hurts like hell)!!  Obviously I aren't going to test for ages, if at all, but can Progesterone injections give a positive result even if your not pregnant?  A question I never seem to have asked.

Thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi Meggie Moo

I am sorry I dont know the answer to your query, but felt I just had to wish you loads of luck with this tx.  I read your signature & I really admire you having the strength to go throught 10 IVF's.  I have just got a BFN from my 2nd and at this stage am not sure that I can go through any more.

Best of luck

Sheelz
xx

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:( so sorry Sheelz, I really feel it for you I do, been there so many times, but I have a beautiful little girl who is the most special person in my life and I would do anything for to prove it works!!!

If you want this badly and have the funds to do it, do it!! You will get stronger and hopefully next time it will be the right time.  As long as we can afford to it and it doesn't have any bad reflections on my little girl we will continue.

Negative preg results are so hard and every time I say "I won't cry" I bluddy well do - I wouldn't be normal if I didn't.

Thinking  ^reiki^

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hi Meggie Moo,

The veryvery best of luck with your treatment. I'm not a nurse, but from what I understand, it's the HCG hormone (whether injected at trigger, or produced by your body after implantation) that gives a positive pregnancy test result and not the progesterone (even though progesterone is needed for a successful pregnancy) so the gestone injections won't give you a false positive.

Good luck for the 2ww  ^2ww^ .

Martha
xx

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Martha.  Never really done hpt, only a couple of the cycles, but most people on this site seem to, so I might.  I am not due back at the hospital for a urine test til 22nd!!!!! over 16 days from FET!!! Got some ultra early urine sticks so I may be tempted.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.