Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I had my et on Wednesday and luckily have 2 weeks off work and have been resting at home quite a bit. I have planned a day out next tuesday with my mum. It wouldnt be really strenuos but would involve me driving for an hour there and back and walking for a bit. Im worried that i might do some damage. Should i cancel?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Looby

Don't think you should cancel.  I am on day 8 of the 2ww and have just carried on as normal. I still exercise and hoover and wash floors and do all the things I normally do cos if I don't then they don't get done!

In all my ten iui's I have never been signed off on the 2ww but I do take the full day off on the day of my insem!

Think you are better off at work to be honest as I know for a fact if I were hanging around at home I would just sit and ponder over things!  Best to keep busy!  My philosophy is that if it's gonna happen then it's gonna happen no matter what, after all I'm sure our mothers and grandmothers were just left to get on with things when they were carrying their babies and we are here to tell the tale!!!

Best of luck and enjoy your time off while you have it!

Take care

Love

Karen xxx

·
Registered
324 Posts
HELLO!
i think you should go and have a nice, easy goot time out with your mum. just relax and enjoy yourself. im doing ivf in march and when it comes that i will be on my 2ww i too plan to stay of work and totally rest for the 2ww. just do what you feel is right for you, but i would'nt advise anything over strenous!!

take care!

tracey

ttc 4years...have severe endo,have large cyst on right ovary. going through the menopuase at the moment.
m/c before all this happened was 7wks.
hopefully will get the baby that we so desperately want.

G

·
Looby,

I'm currently on a 2ww following an FET. 
Last time, I did everything as normal, worked, housework, even gardening on the day of xfer!!
I did get a +ve but resulted in ectopic at 8wks.

The difference for me this time is I've finished work now anyway so no stress there.  Still doing bits of stuff around the house otherwise I'd go mental, but nothing strenuous.  (eg, cooking dinner, bit of vacuuming, but dp lifts it out and puts it away) but I really feel loads more relaxed this time. Lots of me time.

I'd go with your mum - it'll take your mind off things.  I'm planning a nice day out for myself next week shopping.

Good luck and have fun  !!
KathY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts