Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Plan to take the whole 2 weeks off

Votes: 10 13.2%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a bit of a quandry re time off and just wondering what everyone feels about the 2ww as still not sure what to do after first IVF cycle (EC/ET due Octoberish time).

Thought I'd those that have been thru it and those about to go thru it.

T
x

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Hiya Triciah

I've added my vote to your poll, but I think you will find a lot of differences going on in this section  ;)

I did take the full two weeks off, but then in my vocation didnt want to be jumping around too much as all very physical stuff. Personally I would rather sleep through the whole of it and wake up on test day  ;D

There is no right or wrong way to go about the 2ww, its very much a personal choice.  ;)  But I hope many of the girls will respond and help you in your little quandry. 

I will definately be doing things a little different next time round, or I will end up even more barmy than I am  :p

Wishing you loads of luck for your up and coming tx  ^daisy^

Love
Jax
xxx

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi Triciah,

For my first IVF I took one week off and for my FET I didn't take any, for my second IVF I took both weeks off and got a positive..... BUT this was the first cycle with injecting clexane daily which personally I think is more to do with it than not working!!!  My clinic said you can just carry on as normal as long as you don't have a. a particularly stressful job or b. a particularly strenuous job and it can help to keep your mind off things by working too.

As Jax says, it really is a personal choice!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Love Jen xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
I've voted that I stayed at home one week and worked one week. I actually only stayed home for 48 hours after IUI and during that time pretty much went to bed   

I really don't think it makes much difference either way, but I expect the vote will come out higher as more positives if you stay at home because that's just what more people tend to do.

Good luck

Jayne x

·
Registered
209 Posts
First time ICSI - stayed at home got neg.
FET - went to work, got neg.
2nd ICSI - went back to work for whole 2wks, got positive.

Don't think it matter either way!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi

I worked for the first attempt, then stayed home for the next 3 tries.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hiya
i didn't plan to, but my holidays happened to fall so that I had time off for the 2ww after the first two full cycles - both initial positives but didn't last. last time i carried on as normal at work and had a negative. i think it was just luck the first two times, but difficult for me to ignore now so will probably plan time off next time and hope to see a positive line!
wizz

·
Registered
74 Posts
Serafena - are you still using this website?? only I was interested in chatting to you regarding ISIS

Serafena said:
Hi Triciah,

For my first IVF I took one week off and for my FET I didn't take any, for my second IVF I took both weeks off and got a positive..... BUT this was the first cycle with injecting clexane daily which personally I think is more to do with it than not working!!! My clinic said you can just carry on as normal as long as you don't have a. a particularly stressful job or b. a particularly strenuous job and it can help to keep your mind off things by working too.

As Jax says, it really is a personal choice!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Love Jen xxx

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Hi

I worked the week after ET to occupy myself.  However, I took most of the second week off as I was so tired and feeling stressed over the result - which was a BFP!!

~Natt~

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi,

I am currently off now (ET took place on 04/02/05) for one week and plan to go back next week.

My job is pretty stressful and I can end up working long hours however hard I try to leave on time. So armed with DVDs and some good books these are my plans for the next few days.

This is my first time too, so will just have to wait and see.

Love,

Nat x x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts