Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ruth

I am in my third IUI 2ww.  I am due to go to the hairdressers tonight and have a semi-permanent hair dye.  lasts 6-8 weeks.  I think permanent hair dyes are contra-indicated in pregnancy?  however should i be having a semi-permanent colour in my 2ww???

Sorry this is a really trivial concern.  However it is really playing on my mind.

Thanks Ruth, or anyone else that can give me some advice.

CR

·
Registered
100 Posts
CR,

I've had my roots done every month (with permenant colour) since i started IUI, my thinking was the clomid made me feel rough without actually looking it as well!

I was successful on my 4th attempt and will continue to have my hair done throughout this pregnancy. I am aware there is conflicting advice and i feel its up to the individual.

Good luck, lets hope its 3rd time lucky for you

Lucy Lou xxx

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for you response lucy lou.

i cancelled the hair appt.  it was just causing me too much stress with what to do or not to do.  i didn't think the stress was worth the coloured hair for me.  ttc is stressful enough.  i have postponed the appt for 2 weeks to see what happens.  i will just have to wear a bandana, hat or something similar!!

it's so hard when you don't get conclusive answers, especially re something that should be simple enough!!

lots of luck in your preg.
crxx

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi CR
I'd never heard of hair dye being contra-indicated in pregnancy until I worked in the States when one of my fellow nurses came in one day in floods of tears because her pregnant cousin (mum of 5) had a sudden death at the hairdressers having her hair dyed. I'm sure it's extremely rare but I guess pregnancy caused her to build up some kind of antibodies to the chemicals.
It was such a sad story but thought I'd better pass on the info.
Wishing you every you every success in your 2ww.
Cath xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.