Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, I shouldn't have tested yet. 

I am due to test this Thursday after et on Sat 14th.  Thursday would also be when my AF would be due, so I've just done a First Response test.  It's an early test that you can use 3 days before AF is due.

It came up positive and my question is this:
Could the hcg injection i had on 11th August (12 days ago) to promote ovulation still interfere with this result? 

dying of suspense
xxxx

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Fingers crossed Morgan, praying those levels keep on rising.  ^reiki^

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi morgan,

as you will know from the 2ww I am slightly addicted to hpts! I've done one every day since saturday and have got positives every time, although I am concerned that it only a faint line.

It is posible for you to still have hcg hormone in your system for up to 14 days although I don't think that this is common. There is a link about hcg levels on the 2ww board which you may find useful, it has some examples of positive pregnancy test which i found very reassuring.

My advice to you is (although I don't practice what I preach) leave a couple more days before testing again.

love hammy xxx

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help, guys.  It's still showing +ve this morning but I'm not going to trust it until I get the blood test on Thursday.
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi,

I did hpt on day 9 after et and got + and did test every day for about 2 months just to make sure it wasn't a mistake. Even after the scans I still worried (and did tests every week or so up to month 7 (how sad is that)).

As you can tell from the other posts you are not alone in doing them early or frequently.

Just try not to do too many,as in the end it is a waste of money.

Congrats and good luck

Carol  ^fairydust^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.