Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I had 2 embryos transferred on 14th July (day 5 but not quite at blastocyst stage). The clinic would like me to have blood test on Sat 24th but as clinic is in London and I live in Scotland, I have tried to get somewhere to do it here but without success. They did say that an hpt would not necessarily be reliable that day. When would you expect an hpt to be reliable?

Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Amber

I'm not a nurse but I just wanted to say, I tested day 14 after et, I wouldn't test any earlier than day 13 after et because I don't think its worth the stress of waiting to test again if you do get a negative first time round. Saying this, I have seen tests on t.v (called early response I think) which say they pick up even earlier. Goodluck, whatever you decide.

Love Hollie

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hiya Amber

Hope you're doing ok, I know the wait can be extremely frustrating. Great to see you the other day. (sorry I was in such a mess!)

Fingers crossed for you for a BFP this week, flower.

If you do try a hpt, get the 'clear blue' one. (the others are not sensitive enough) Ellie at ARGC agreed with me that this was about the best.

I tested with ARGC 12 days after ET (i.e. 14 days after EC). I got a v. v. faint line with Clear Blue (from Boots) the day before the hcg test and on the day itself and by the Friday, day 14 after ET (day 16 after EC) it was quite thick. My first hcg reading was 72. (>25 is a bfp)

I tried various hpt tests and all the others were blank so were a waste of money.

Hope this helps.
Wendyx

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Hollie and Wendy!

I had bought a couple of First Responses but will get a Clear Blue now.

Amber x

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi Amber

Good luck with the testing. I tested at 14 dpt officially but also tested 14 dp collection. I used first response and it was OK. Both tests I believe test at the same level of sensitivity

Clare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts