Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We have just had our springer spaniel castrated and he seems to be in a lot of discomfort, I do put his buster collar on when I have to leave him alone but he quite rightly hates having it on and he is on my heels all the time, he won't lie down or relax in any way whilst its on him.

The stitches look so painful and if the collar isn't on he won't leave them alone, I hate seeing him in such discomfort and feel awful that we have put him through this.  :'(  Does anyone know if there is a natural pain relief I can use for him?

xxx

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hiya

We have a springer and had him done a few years ago, (he is now 11) anyway when he was home and looked abit sore i gave him a nurofen, infact i have given him it a few times when he has been poorly and it has always helped, or you could try some paracetomal or something, mine will eat nurofen as there sugar coated.  Hope he is better soon, if your anything like me you will hate seeing/thinking there in pain.

Julie.x

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Julie will keep that in mind, he seems so much better today, back to his normal mad ways!  I gave him some arnica last night and again this morning so just hoping it has made him feel better.

It may sound silly but I hate not knowing how he's feeling, is he still in pain or not, and hate that its my fault but hope its for the best in the long run! 

Thanks again  ^hugme^
xxx

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
I give my GR half a parcetamol or some calpol if he's feeling poorly!

Hope he's better soon.

Axxxx

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gave him some nurofen yesterday, I keep the collar on him at all times now, the instant I take it off he goes at his stitches like a dog possessed!!  He has still been trying to get at the stitches with the collar on and the edge of it catches on them and makes them bleed, poor chap, I think the nurofen has helped though.

Roll on Wednesday when the stitches come out!  :)

Thanks for advice I would never have thought of giving him meds like that.

xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts