Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in this morning and had a my ET - the embryo was a disappointing 3 cell only affair. My egg collection was last Friday.

Is there any chance? Just feel there's no way it can work and having looked online there doesn't appear to be many responses on such a thing so makes me think it's even unlikelier.

Am pretty bereft as I can't help thinking with only getting two eggs and one fertilisation on this try (my first) it probably means it's too late for me - I'm 39.

Anybody got any advice or knowledge?

Thank you! xxx

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
don't give up hope just yet... sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fringo- Don't give up hope yet. It's my first time too and I'm super nervous. If it doesn't work this time, will you try again? If you will try again, at least you know what to expect. Nonetheless, I'm sending prayers your way :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies...Yes would definitely try again if they'll let me. Just wonder as I was such a poor responder whether it will be possible with my eggs or whether I would have to go the egg donation route.

good luck to you too!

xxx

·
Registered
931 Posts
Fringo,

All of our embies have to start somewhere and an eight cell was a three cell once, so please dont give up yet.

Its great you are prepared to go through it again and you can get a different response every time. I jumped from three to ten eggs this time and was on the same protocol!

Good luck this time round

Katie

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Fringo ^hugme^ ^hugme^ Please don't worry - there are loads of positive stories on here of people with a 2-cell - let alone 3-cell - and it might have been just on the brink of transferring in to a 5-cell. So much depends on timing.

For example: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=199775.0

The 2ww can make you ^idiot^ so as much as you can relax and think positive and I'm keeping everything crossed this is your time.

And don't worry about being a poor responder. Might be the dosage of drugs, might be the month - or might just be how you respond - but if it is then having one little follie can make it - sending you all the luck in the world.

Reb xx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Reb and Katie - feeling a bit more confident now.

That was a great link - a huge relief to read.

Thank you so much xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts