Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I had my EC today.  My first attempt at IVF was abandoned as Gonal F didn't work (only had 2 follies) and I got 3 eggs on Menopur (7 follies).  I have a very high AMH.  Has anyone else had this with a high AFM or had a few eggs but achieved BFP?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi there,
I have never responded well and was on increasing doses of menopur for each treatment. I have been v lucky.
1st time we had 3 mature eggs, 3 embryos grade 2, 2 put back and 1 stuck. This final time, just gone, we had 3 eggs again, though only 2 fertilized normally and of those 2 one was a bit slow. I had the 2 put back and 1 stuck. I am 10 days off my due date now and to be honest I still can't believe it.
It is an agonising time for you and I remember it well -  just take one day at a time. You only need one good one. The only thing I would say is don't get hung up on the grade of your embryos; they will either stick or not. I never did have a top grade one.
^pray^  your eggs are getting jiggy as we speak. Hang in there  ^hugme^  .
All the best to you,
Sparkley x

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sparkely.  I get the call tomorrow morning.  You've put my mind at ease even if its not the result we want.  Congratulations on your pregnancy and I wish you all the best x

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there

I have high FSH and only got 4 eggs in my first ICSI cycle of which only 3 fertilised. 2 of those were put back - one grade a/b and one grade c. the grade a/b stuck and I got my BFP - unfortunately I then had a miscarriage but I think I was just unlucky. I have read lots of posts where you really do only need one good embryo to have a good result. Everything is crossed for you!

Bertie

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi hun I see two have fertilised of your 3. Hope they both go well overnight and good luck for ET tomorrow and your 2ww,
all the best;  ^pray^  ^pray^  for each one,
Sparkley x

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bertie - thanks for sharing your story.  I wish you all the best with your second cycle and hope you get BFP.
Sparkley - yes 2 of them fertalised so all being well both will transferred tomorrow late afternoon.  Thanks for your well wishes and ill let you know how I get on.

x

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, I have 2 top quality embryos on board so PUPO  Test date is 1st June x

·
Registered
292 Posts
Fantastic news!  ;D 
Best wishes and loads of fairy dust....

^fairydust^