Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi title kinda asks the questian have recieved 3 cycles of clomid (lack of ovulation dur to pcos)all have resulted in pregnancy but all m/c before 6 wks.Anybody got any ideas why this might happen there is of course the obvious answer about 50% failing anyway.
all 3 have been too early to get bfp but i know that i was due too morning sickness and various other symtoms.
so anybody got any thoughts
-Gayle xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Sorry for your loss ^hugme^
There could be a number of reasons why you're suffering early recurrent mc's. If your consultant hasn't suggested already, then perhaps you could ask for some blood tests...if you check on the starting out & diagnosis forum, under immunology & investigations, there are several threads with details of various blood tests you could have.
I've had 2 early mc's this year & after numerous blood tests (natural killer cells, thrombophilia, etc etc) I was found to have "sticky blood" which is a blood clotting disorder causing bloodflow problems to the womb.
Have you had a hysteroscopy to check for abnormalities in your womb eg polyps ? I had my 4th hysteroscopy back in April this year (I also have a bicornuate uterus which is why had so many !!) & it was found I had polyps..these are little growths & can act exactly like an IUD in that they can irritate the womb lining & cause problems with implantation.

I would see if your consultant can send you for more investigations as to what is causing you to have problems.

Good luck & take care
Natasha

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Suffolklady

sorry to read your post but may i suggest that next cycle, if your period is late, you do a pregnancy test as this should show up whether you are pregnant or not on the day you are due on.  You should be able to tell at 4 weeks pregnant (i.e. 2 weeks after ovulation).  Unfortunately, some of the side effects of clomid can be the same as pregnancy such as nausea and sickness, headaches etc.

Good luck, and I hope it works for you next month.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.