Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd be brave, and announce our BFP!! What a great way to start the year!
Anyone else get a BFP around the same time? I'm finding my emotions are very up and down at the moment, I've been bleeding alittle today. I'm trying not to worry but can't help it. More finger crossing for the next 2 weeks. Scan on 15th....  ^pray^ ......  xx LB xx

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congratulations on your BFP!! What TX did you have?
I got a BFN back on oct after ICSI and then had to cancel my Nov appoinement due to the snow and then done a test on 31/12/10 aswell and got a natural BFP first ever time! yey. xx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope - Wow that must feel amazing!! When do you think you concieved? (if you don't mind me asking?) Just wondered if we'd have the same EDD. :)
This was 2nd IVF for us. 1st was BFN - eggs didn't divide enough and quality poor. Then this time, they collected 4 eggs, 3 fertilized, 1x 6 cell and 2x 8 cell. We had both 8 cells transfered on day 3.
Have you got any pregnancy symptoms yet?  xx LB xx

·
Registered
52 Posts
Im not sure when i concieved lol the calculator said it was 8th dec as the first day of my last period was the 24th Nov 2010. So going off the docs dates im 5 weeks 4 days. Yeah i have alot of symptoms if i hadnt tested when i did i would have known now, i feel sick, have cramps, smells make me feel sick, i dont feel hungry i feel full all the time apart from when im laid in bed (strange i know lol) and my whole body aches lol. What about you have u any symptoms? when did you have ET? x

·
Registered
52 Posts
I see when you ET was lol helps if i look lol. x

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I think you are about a week ahead of me?  I don't have any symptoms. Just aching like AF about to arrive.....  I've been eating like a horse!  I do like my food, but I'm usually fit and active so it's not a problem. I'm doing nothing at the moment, it feels like each time I get up and do something I bleed a little. (sorry TMI).  I feel like a beached whale!! xx LB xx

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah thats how i have felt for last couple of weeks, i was sure period was about to come but obv hasnt lol. Im not really doing much at all had a very lazy day today even had a nap this afternoon on the sofa i feel really tired. xx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess, as you are aweek ahead of me, theres time for the sickness/tiredness to kick in...... I can't believe I actually want to feel sickly!!  Do you work? if so when are you back to work?  I'm wondering how I'm going to get on. Am a bit nervous about it... x

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah i know what you mean hun, you want some signs that something is actually happening, im sure you will have soon. Im currently not working and doubt anyone will want to employ me now. I wouldnt worry about work they have to accomodate your pregnancy and they have to do anything possible. xx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did a test this morning. It was positive, thank goodness, but I have been bleeding (red blood) and cramping. Really struggling to stay positive. Holding it together at the moment, but its a struggle.
I love my job ( I'm a nanny) but I get very little time to sit down from 8 -5. The way I'm feeling at the moment think tomorrow will be long and slow :( 
Sorry really negative post....Hope you are feeling ok.  xxLBxx

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi LB,
I really hope you are OK. Where have you been doing your tx??
I a due to find out my BFP/N on Wednesday but i have been bleeding for the past two days & real bad cramps!!
FF is a great place to let your emotions go, i haven't been a member that long but i love been able to talk to people that undersand your situation.
Big  ^hugme^ keep strong
XX

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi all, hope you are doing well  :) . After last post I started bleeding more heavily and cramps got worse. So I spoke to a Dr at the fertility clinic and she said it sounded like I was having a miscarriage  :'( we were devastated. Phoned friends and family,and thought it was all over. Then today no bleeding  ^idiot^ . I rang the unit and my GP,thinking I wanted to get blood tests done to know either way. I haven't heard back from the GP, but a Dr called from the clinic and she said as bleed has stopped it was not a miscarriage. They don't do blood tests at OFU and she advised not to get them done by GP as they can be inconclusive and can add more worry than they take away. Oh and she also said the fact that I haven't had a proper bowl movement for a few days can't be helping things, so DH has been out and got me Lactulose and dried apricots. Hope that helps. Still have AF like aches that come and go but at least I'm not bleeding like yesterday.  So all we can do now is stay positive and  ^pray^ that everything will be fine. xx

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Ladies, can I join you? I am missing posting on December cycle buddies, but don't want to rub it in with the BFN's! We had a BFP on 31.12.2010 and are still in deep shock! we have our first scan booked for the 21st January. I think I might believe it aftert I see it!!! I keep doing HPT and have done another one today whilst at work! and yes i'm still pregnant!!! OMG sounds so strange! I am getting lots of niggles and painful and tender boobs!
How are you all doing?

Little lee- any news?

Little Bean - how are youdoing? I have AF like pains too, i'm sure it's normal!

Hope -1987 - I hope you are staying positive too!!

Take care
Geobenji xx

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Geobenji,
your not rubbing it in hun, we all deserve our BFP's!!!!
unfortunately i got a BFN, so going to try again in April.

^pray^ between now & then it will work.
take care xx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts