Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just had my immune tests back.

NK assay seems to be ok. CD56 is just slightly below what is should be but everything else with NK is fine

TNF came back as 32.5 , im having ED transfer in 2 weeks. so have been asked if i want to have IL tomorrow - which wil be 14 days before ET (im flying for tx abroad and cant have IL next week due to the holidays)

I know DR S prefers IL over humira but would i need steriods as well or would IL be enough to reduce to below 30

Also would 32.5 really have an affect on implantation on a embryo which consisted of a 25 year old donor ( only asking as some docs think the dna of  younger eggs can fight immunes more than older eggs)

thanks

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
those aren't really questions that can be answered simply.

I THINK it will come down to the fact that your odds of pregnancy with a TNFa ratio of 32.5 are probably not going to be quite as good as if your ratio was a bit lower, but they aren't going to be terrible either.  ILs hasn't really been tested against cytokine ratios, but Dr S repeatedly says his clinical experience with it in his patients is good.  I don't think anyone can tell you for sure that it will or will not reduce your TNFa by a certain amount.

A very healthy embryo is going to be more able to withstand a mild immune attack than a less healthy one, but that's not the same as saying that an egg from a young donor can deal with all immune issues.

As to having steroids, if it was me, I would definitely have them.  The risks of taking steroids are very small i.e., you could get particularly poorly if you caught something like chickenpox whilst on them (but that isn't very likely), and there is a very tiny extra risk of birth defects like cleft lip/palate for baby.  However, my understanding is that these risks are probably a lot lower than the risk due to having IVF itself (for you and for baby) - and although the gold standard medical trials for steroids with IVF are limited, they are used worldwide by many reputable clinics.  the combination of steroids plus clexane probably results in a lot more babies worldwide than intralipids because its such a commonly used combination.  For example, as far as I know, Dr S prescribes steroids to ALL his IVF patients.

hope this helps

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks agate. its never simple is it? My results were similar last cycle and ARGC didnt give me IVIG/IL or steriods as they didnt think i needed them EVEN tough i kept asking for them . i agree with you i think no harm in taking them. Last cycle was BNF with my own eggs . So this cycle i will add the steriods even if they px them

i think tehy said they will give me clexane

thank you

·
Registered
164 Posts
hello

dr nodaros from greece recommended for me to take 3 solgar resveratol tablets a day to help to protect the embryo because I had high tnf-alpha. He said I should take them till a pregnancy is confirmed. Unfortunately for me it did not work because I did not take the steroids (I had high insulin too and steroids would have made it worse) and due to the lack of steroids my ANA rose extremely high.

maybe you want to try the resveratol?

good luck

Dee xxx

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Ms dee - where can i buy that from. I cant buy anything on line as im flying on Tues and wont ahve time to delivery . So hopefully i can get it in the shops. Oh i saw thats its solgar - is that the UK brand coz i can go to a health shop for that i think..

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when shoudl you start solgar resveratol , i am having ET 2 weeks today - is that too late?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts