Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I went to the hospital today to have a 36 week check.  Unfortunately, I didn't realise that my urine sample had some traces of 'things' in it.  All my other urine tests are marked 'NNN' which I understand means nothing has been traced.  However, from my urine test today the notes say 'pro +, Leu trace, GLU +'.  I am assuming that I have tested positive for protein, glucose and something else??  I am sorry but I just didn't get a chance to ask at the appointment as nothing was said.  Should I be worried?

I should mention that my ankles and hands are swollen and yesterday I went to have the baby monitored by the hospital on their CTG machine which showed everything as normal.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

A4H

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

Don't worry, results like that usually mean that a bit of discharge has got caught up in your urine sample, it's nothing to be concerned about,

emilycaitlin xx

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

Thank you Emilycaitlin

I just wondered whether you could answer another question?  Can pre-eclampsia happen without high blood pressure? 

Thanks.

A4H

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

No, pre eclampsia is all blood pressure related, so that would be one of the first symptoms,

emilycaitlin xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts