Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all well, I am looking for a little advice regarding immune testing!!f

I have just had my 3rd BFN and again have had a great fertilization rate and grade 1 embies transfered and have still never had a whiff of a BFP EVER!!!

On my last 2 cycles 2/3 days after ET I feel like I am having an allergic reaction and both times have woken in the early hours of the morning with a rash on the palms of my hands,arms and checks and this is combined with severe abdo pain and an extreme hot flush and sweating which only clears after spending about 10mins splashing my face with cold water.

This cycle I have used Pred from E/C as I have Thyriod Antibodies but am now thinking I may need to explore immune treatments a little further, However am not keen on using IVIG or LIT.

Can I see Dr Gorgy and have some immune tests carried out or will he need to do the full Chicargo profile.xx

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
it does sound a bit like an immune reaction - possibly a DQa match reaction.

you can see Dr Gorgy by just phoning up and booking in with his receptionist - see under A for appointments in the FAQ

he will recommend all the tests he thinks will help you - you are likely to want to look at DQa testing to see if its that (look under D) - and because you have ATAs its v likely you have elevated NKa (under N) and possibly elevated TNFa

he will also suggest comprehensive testing for infections - its possible that some immune reactions to implantation are actually reactions to a surge  in an infection which comes about when the body tries to permit pregnancy

its up to you which tests you actually decide to have though

there are treatments other than ivig and lit - e.g., intralipid, humira - and strategies that may help - e.g., transferring embryos 1 at a time if there is a partial Dqa  match

hope this helps

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Agate.. I think it's about time I stopped burying my head in the sand and will make that appointment. x

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi nancy,

really sorry to hear about your BFP. i too have not ever had an official BFP on  atest, but lots of implantation failures i think. You can see Dr Gorgy or George Ndukwe at Nottinham CARE, he's really nice too. I have seen both of them. I did have a big allergic reaction like you describe one time.

have you read 'Is your body baby friendly?' by Alan Beer. its on Amazon.its the reference bible for immune problems. and Agate's FAQ questions are great too.

Best wishes

Sammi x

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Sammi,

Thanks for the advice I have now ordered the book and will swot up over xmas so I am full of knowledge for my appointment in Jan. Good luck with your future treatment. xx

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi Nancy,

That was meant to read BFN, not BFP - really sorry about that, I hope it didn't offend. Great that you have ordered the book. The book can seem over-whelming at first, so I use it to keep going back to to refresh myself. and Agate's FAQ's section on this site are so detailed and clear aswell.

good Luck  ^hugme^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.