Candy ^babycrawl^ EDD 13/07/05
MichelleK ^babycrawl^ EDD 18/07/05
Delores ^babycrawl^ EDD 18/07/05
lotus ^babycrawl^ EDD 18/07/05

·
Registered
930 Posts
Morning all

Hope everyone is well.  I am doing fine, nothing interesting to report - I guess that is a good thing!!

BlueSoo - as others have said, I doubt any of us want to be induced, but on the other hand if it is in bub's best interests.  At the minute they seem to be OK with waiting, you will probably realise when they begin to be more persistant.  Good luck.

Trudy - also hope the piriton works, be careful, when I had antihystamine for my itching I fell asleep almost immediately - woke up about 2 hours later wondering where on earth I was (at home on the sofa!)  hope it helps though.

Andy - from now I am due to see my midwife every 3 weeks until the end, more frequently I think only if a problem arises.  Don't know how normal this is.  But to be honest, at this stage, I would rather be left alone - though this may change as time passes!
Well, I am mad busy at work so better get on with some!
Take care
DC

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Hi all, tried to post this last night but got bombed out.. will try to remember it all again!

Thirtysix - Fantastic to hear that you and Immy are doing great and such a cute piccie.  I can't believe you kept your lippy on through the whole thing.. bet I'll look a right mess when it's my turn!

Alice - Congrats on the birth of your little boy.. well done!!  Weren't you going to have a water birth at home or am I imagining that?  Did it all go ok if you did?  Well done for no pain relief!

Delores - We've just getting the maxi cosi cabrio and not the Isofix one.  We also went for the bugaboo after MUCH deliberation (with my pram dilemma buddy Elvie!), the maxi cosi fits onto it with adaptors but I'm not sure we'll use it as it has a carrycot anyway.  I think the maxi cosi is compatible with most of the Quinny's - I know it is with the Buzz and the Zapp anyway so probably the Speedi SX too.

Dekimk - Will try the cat stretches, thanks for the tips.  Is your back feeling a bit better now?

Lolly - Glad all is ok.. I was also disgusted that your midwife was going to leave with all that worry for a whole week.

Liz - Good luck for today!!!  You must be so excited, if a little nervous.  Can't wait to hear your news.

Leanne - Glad all went well at your scan yesterday, how's things now?

Chux - Hope you're doing ok, must have been strange being the only one at your post natal class not to have given birth yet.. hope you only heard the good birth stories and not all the horrific ones as people tend to love telling us at this time!  Any signs yet?  Sorry, you're probably sick of that question..

Trudy - Poor you, nothing worse than constant itching.  Hope it goes soon - is the Piriton helping?

Bluesoo - Like you, I don't think I'd want to be induced if I could help it.  If they thought there was a real risk of infection then of course I would go for the induction but I'm sure they would have pushed you if there was.  See what they say today - will be thinking of you.

Well I'm so shattered today, I just can't wait to finish work now.  Finding myself feeling a little insecure about stuff too.. last night convinced myself that DH wasn't giving me and our bump enough attention and was losing interest.. which of course is just ridiculous!  Gotta love those hormones huh!

Love to all,
Petlamb xx

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Anyone heard from R4F?  Hope all is ok x

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Hi peeps

Oh petlamb these hormones are hard work, I even got jealous yesterday when my DH was talking to my replacement about work !! do you know when you will finish work, my last day is 4weeks before due date, but am finding it hard at the moment as I have a fair few days booked to train people in London, I went up Tuesday and you know what tubes are like, so standing up, my feet were all swollen by the time I got home, have had a word to say that I am reluctant to do this much nearer to the birth..... so I think he will arrange for me to be driven up ;)

Thinking of you today Blu x

Andy, we have always had every 4 weeks, although they have been nearer 5, I was under the impression that at our clinic after 32 weeks they become every two weeks, I am seeing her tommorow so will confirm that, maybe after your next appointment, you could ask to see someone more frequently, not long to go now !

Kim, thanks for our new home, nice to not be last on the list anymore, so welcome to all our newbies.

Trudy hoping the antihistimine, does the trick must be so uncomfy, Ia m bad enough when I get a bite xx

Leanne, your twinnies are growing really well am so pleased, not long now  :-*

Lolly glad you got the reassurance you needed, good luck with the amnio

Liz, goodl uck with the induction today  ^reiki^

36, glad you like the pramette, will take DH up to Watford over the next couple of weekends and get him to try it out xx

Love to all

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Girls

I have been dipping in reading your messages but still up to my neck in revision!  and will be able to post properly to everyone a week today when the exams are finished! 

I just wanted say that I am thinking of you all and at least when I am taking my breaks I have something interesting to read on here!

Take care everyone - back to it - revision its soooooo boring!

Michelle

G

·
Hi Everyone

Lolly - glad to hear you got sorted out, sometimes it pays to be persistant!!

Andy - I saw my midwife about every 3 weeks until wk 36 and now I'm seeing her every week until the birth.

Phew I'm really tired today I just can't sleep cos my hips and pelvis hurt when I'm in bed - I'm knackered.  Also my ankles have started to swell up now - v.sexy.  Anyone any tips to reduce puffiness???

Hope you'r all ok

love

Sarah Lou xxx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there ladied and gentlemen,

Have just created a 'ticker' I hope - we'll see soon.  Couldn't find a cute baby one hance the duck (well, I like ducks). 

Wow, the list is HUGE isn't it.  Feel for you guys at the top.  Hope Chux is OK and BlueSoo too.  Good news soon for both I hope!

Leanne - 4lbs each twin and both in the right position - very impressive, you must be chuffed to bits - just hope they show up in time.

Catch and Angie - I can understand your impatience to see Catch junior.  I don't think My little one will seem truly real until I can see and hold (and hear) her - we think it's a her anyway.

Lolly - great news that you got your scan and all is OK.  Good luck for the amnio - not too long now.

Sarah Lou - you poor thing.  I've heard a nice gentle foot massage should at least relieve the swelling and keeping your feet elevated should help too.  I am planning to work up until two weeks before due date.  DH keeps saying he'll drive me into work as I am starting to feel overwhelmingly tired at the end of the day.  I don't think I could bear commuting by train or tube though - hats off to you for that!

Well, work beckons.  Take care all of you,  ^Exercise!2^

Idgi

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
^hello^

Thought i would pop by and tell you how wonderful i am feeling today  ;D I was given some tablets for my heartburn yesterday as i told the midwife it was making me so depressed. I didnt think they would help much, but blimey i was wrong. I didnt wake up once to reach for the gaviscon last night and have managed to eat half a packet of chocolate digestives without suffering afterwards  ^pig^

DH didnt wake me up with his snoring at all so we actully managed to share the bed for the whole night  ^BMS^ although he did take up alot of room and i was hanging off the edge at one point!!!!

Also, i have just had a call to say i can be fitted for a maternity belt at the hospital next tuesday, so hopefully it will really help my back. They are also sorting out some physio for me. So all in all i am alot happier  :)

Sarah Lou - i find drinking lots of fluids really helps with the swelling (but then you live on the loo!) Also, try to put your feet up as often as possible. I sympathise with your achy hips, i have to turn over every few hours in bed as i get so sore  :(

Michelle - great to hear from you. Hope you arent working too hard, will all be worth it in the end.

Petlamb - When are you finishing work? Must be soon. I am also giving DH a hard time lately, i am surprised we are all still married with all these hormones flying about  ;D ;D

Trudy - how are you? You arent posting as much as usual so i hope you are doing ok xx

Love to all,

L xx

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
^daisy^
well I was sent up the hozzie last night for 3hrs, after seeing midwife, as blood pressure up and had a headache, so was monitered , questioned, prodded and sent home again,felt like I was in really good hands, oooh and saw a gorgeous greek/cypriot doctor, hubby got a bit jealous !!!!
baby not much further down than last visit to midwife, hmmmm !!!
love to all on here,xxx
bops,xx

can't believe I've climbed at the list,seems all of a sudden. !!!  :eek:

^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hi All,

Catch - If I could stand a hot curry trust me I'd go for it! unfortunately I'm a bit of a wuss and forced a Korma down my neck the other night but that was too hot!!

Trudy - I hope your test results come back ok and the itching eases soon.

Andy - The chart in my midwifes office says that for a first baby, appointments should be at 12 (booking-in), 16, 21, 26, 29, 32, 36, 38, 40 and 41 weeks. For subsequent children it was two less. I'm sure there's a recommended number of appointments you're meant to have although obviously it's not set in stone - I had an extra one cos of my blood pressure but then had one cancelled as I got sent for a growth scan instead. I have had my bump measured each time but I wish I hadn't as it's not an accurate science and doesn't take into account the way the baby is lying or any extra weight you may be carrying!

Petlamb - Fortunately there weren't too many horror stories although one lady did go all through labour, pushed for 1.5 hours then ended up with an emergency caesarian which didn't appeal to me. Don't worry about the hormones making you so irrational - at least it proves you're normal!!

Candy - I can't believe no one offered you their seat on the tube. You'll have to master a pose where your bump is pushed forward more!

Michelle - Hope the revision and exams are going well.

Sarah Lou - I have the swollen ankles too and nothing seems to help. I guess I was lucky to not have them appear before now.

Idgi - How much longer do you have at work?

Leanne - Good to hear you're feeling so much better today. Long may it last!

mmmbop - Sorry to hear about being stuck at the hospital. On the one hand it's good that they monitor us, but on the other it can get so boring sat around can't it.

^hello^ to everyone else.

BlueSoo - Thinking of you and hoping all is well xx

Lynne and R4F - Can't wait to read your news!

Well I saw the midwife this morning who has booked me in to be induced next Thursday (5th) if nothing moves before then. She asked if I minded having a sweep done as it can be a little uncomfortable, but after all things that have been shoved up there during tx it was a walk in the park. She said my cervix is definately softening although it's an awkward position so she couldn't reach it all, but this afternoon I've had a show which actually sent me off into a nesting panic, complete with duster and bottle of polish. :)

Just out of interest I have a question for the lads (and dh/dp's) - I read that over 50% of men put on weight during pregnancy and was wondering if you have?? My dh has probably gained at least half a stone!

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hiya Chux

i see you still hanging in there !

Love Mini xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
LOL Mini,

Yup, while everyone before and after me on the list has had their babies (not to mention all my antenatal group) I have a stubborn one who has no intention of moving!

I can't believe Jonathon is 6 weeks old already.....doesn't time fly?? (except when you're past your due date I guess :) )

Chux xx

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi everyone

Chux - looks like things might be getting going for you then :).  At least you've got a definite end date if things don't happen naturally.

Mmmbop - good to hear you're getting lots of care and attention at the hospital, especially from a good-looking source ;)

Leanne - I'm pleased you're having a good day.  I have found that physio has done wonders for my back pain - it makes it worse the day I have it but the relief the morning after is just fab!  I tried on one of those belts and I think they'd really help, but as I have less than a week to go it doesn't seem worth getting one for me.

Sarah Lou - poor you. I'm sure you're keeping your feet up anyway, but I'd try drinking litres and litres of water to see if it helps the puffiness go away.  I've been v.fortunate to have no swelling at all but i've been drinking 4 litres of water a day which is probably why.

BlueSoo - I wonder if you've gone into labour now and so can avoid induction?  Good luck :)

Well I've had my final ante-natal check up today and all is fine - baby's lined up well and is 3/5 engaged.  So now we're all set for me to be induced next week.  I can't believe I've only got 6 days to go - it all feels like it's happening to someone else.

I had a delivery from glasgowpramcentre yesterday - i was quite disappointed cos they'd sent me the wrong playmat/gym and the colour of the car seat in no way resembled the picture on the internet, and one item i'd ordered just wasn't there.  Anyway they're coming back tomorrow to bring me the correct playmat and a different colour car seat, and refunding the cost of the missing item so that's a pretty good service.  It's never the same though is it, shopping over the internet, unless you've had an opportunity to see the thing you're buying in real life.

Love
kim

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi All

Well, I'm still here, and am not yet in labour.  Didn't get very good service from the hospital today.  I went in this morning and they monitored the baby for 20 minutes or so and took some bloods (ouch!  - took 3 goes, including one agonising failed attempt in my wrist which dripped blood everywhere - sorry if TMI!).  I left it with the midwife that she'd ring the consultant when the blood results were back and that she'd then get the consultant to ring me.  Sadly no phone call came, and by the time I'd given up waiting and phoned the hossie both consultant and midwife had gone home.  Eventually got a registrar to look at the blood test results - he said all was OK.  So, it seems that I'm not going to be induced before next Tuesday at least (I'm assuming they won't induce over the weekend or bank holiday), but I don't seem to have an infection and the baby's trace was OK, so I just need to try not to worry too much over the weekend...  I haven't leaked that much really, so I'm hoping the consultant was right and that it's just hindwaters.  I've read that they can possibly leak and then seal themselves up again. 

Been having a few twinges today, so maybe labour's not that far off (or maybe it's the stress giving me a dicky tummy)... 

Anyway, thanks for all your thoughts and kind wishes!  It's great to know you're all there thinking of me. 

Michelle - good on you for keeping going with the revision - good luck for the final week! 

Sarah Lou - I find that if I walk and stand a lot then my ankles get puffy - also if I eat anything very salty.  So try to put your feet up a bit (although keeping them lower than your hips so as not to encourage bubs to get into the back to back position!)  I feel for you with your achey hips and legs in bed.  I suffered really  badly from that, but it seems to have got much better now that bubs has moved down. 

Leanne - great to hear that you feel so wonderful and that your heartburn tablets were such a success.  What are they, for future reference?

Mmbop - Sorry about your raised BP and amount of time you had to spend in the hossie.  I feel as if it's my 2nd home at the moment, but I do feel more relaxed when I'm there!

Chux - I'm a wuss on the curries too.  Not sure that a Korma will do the trick!  I tried acupuncture yesterday and it definitely made me have some strong Braxton Hicks contractions.  I'm planning to go back again for another session tomorrow.  Have you tried that?  Otherwise reflexology sounds good, and probably more enjoyable!  Glad to hear that the sweep wasn't as bad as they make out and that you've had a show.  Sounds like you may be well on your way anyway! 

Candy - it's such a pain having to stand on the tube isn't it.  I was amazed how people ignored me even when I stuck my bump almost in their faces! 

Kim - your final antenatal check eh?  Do you feel a bit left out on a limb?  I think I'm going to be in the hossie every day until I deliver at this rate! 

Love

BlueSoo

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Evening all, lol Chux, I think if it was less crowded they might have been able to see, but was pushed up against people.  Bless you nesting, hoping that things happen naturally b4 the 5th  ^reiki^  my DH hasn't put any weight on but hes drinking allot more ;)

Hey does anyone else seem to sweat more ? I woke up last night all sweaty, not sure if the end of my cold or yet another thing to look forward to in the 3rd trim lol

Leanne so glad the heartburn tablets worked  :-* 

Blue glad the little one is ok, still hoping it happens naturally for you.  I guess people just think we have to get on with it, but what with the heat in them carriages its really not nice, would hate to do it daily, do you have to ?

My mum popped over with a moses basket for us, its lovely, just the one from Index catalgue (as index is folding and my mum works there so wanted to get it b4 they get rid of all stock) it says little star on it and is in the same colours as millie & boris which is what I want.

So now I have two outfits and one moses basket... am getting there xx

Love to all

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi All,
just a quickie as only just got in from work and not seen Angie all day.

Chux, lol at the curry... you'll have to be trying the 'other' method then huh  ;)

Re the weight question...I actually weighed myself last week for the first time since January 4th (I'm not a geek, I just know it was the day before my Mum went away for 3 months coz I used her scales.. we don't own any!) and I was exactly the same weight as I was then, however... since May last year I've put on 3 stone!!!! Not sure when I started the weight gain (probably in Majorca having far too many cocktails) but really started to notice it in November, which coincides with Angie's pregnancy, so maybe there's something in it after all??? Sounds like I'm a right blob reading that, my Dad used to tell me he'd seen more meat on a sparrows knee-cap before I out this on so perhaps that tells a tale? Hell I'm not shy anymore, I'm 6'1" and weigh 15st 7oz! There I've said it, wish it were all muscle that's all!
Right off to work on my six pack (Stella of course!)

Take care all

Catch

xxx

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Hi Guys

No bumps here but have been logging on every day to see if Chux has had the baby !!??  I think he is sooo comfortable hes in there to stay !!!  ::)

Just wanted to say sure fire way to get labour started is to watch DH fill the car FULL of rubbish foir a trip to the local tip and then just as he puts the last bag in the first contraction starts and you get to laugh as he panicks and has to take all the bags out again !!!

Worked for me  ;D

Good luck hun and hope you start naturally !!!

Tashja xx

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Evening all,

Catch - you make me laugh!!! DH has put on about 2 stone since january and says he is doing it on purpose so i dont feel so big  ;D ;D He is 6ft 3" and i would say weighs around 15 stone, hope that makes you feel better!!!!

Candy - i know how you feel with the sweating. I have always been one of these people who feel the cold and usually at this time of the year i would still be wearing fleece pyjamas and bedsocks! But since becomming pregnant i have been so warm from the word go. I have to have a fan blowing on me most of the night or i am just too uncomfortable.

Bluesoo - the tablets are called ranitdine and are my new best friends! Cant believe i have gone a whole day without suffering  :) Sorry to hear your hospital trip was such a nightmare.

Kim - 6 days to go!!!! You must be sooo excited.

Hope everyone has had a good day,

L xx

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
My Dh has put on half a stone, prob a bit more if he is being honest, I read it is quite common, I have put on 2stone.

I have eaten madras's and encona hot chilli sauce thru my preg as i love spicey things, so think my bubs is immune to that little trick, me thinks.

some of my midwife visits in the early days were 10 weeks apart, then 4 then 2 weeks.so felt a bit neglected after all the monortoring at the fertility clinic.

Kim how annoying when things are not what you ordered.

candy your baby things sound lovely.

love to all
bops,xx

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.