margarita S ^babycrawl^ EDD 27/08/05

Please welcome

Shelly77 ^babycrawl^ EDD 29/08/05

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Trudy

Good luck to you for wednesday. Looking forward to seeing piccies of your babies.

Love kimx  xx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Only going to be quick for now as I'm trying to watch Love Island and BB at the same time  ;D Sad I know but I just keep flicking between the two!!! ;D

Trudy - Good luck for Wednesday!! I'm glad your feeling better having now made your decision - really looking forward to seeing some piccies of your little twinnies!

Catch - Hope Angie's wee is nothing to worry about and little Jnr hangs on in there for the nest 36 days.

Mish - I get people asking about whether I'm going to use disposables or not and my excuse is that I've waited so long to have a baby that I don't want to miss a minute of him or her growing up with all the washing and drying!!! Even my Mum said that if disposables were around when me and my sister were born she would have used them!!

Hi to Anni, Kel & Nic and to everyone else!

I'll be back soon to catch up properly.

Take care,
Love Hannah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
455 Posts
Anni....

Angie's shows have all been, what I would describe as, 'large' amounts of mucus. I really can't think of a good way to describe the amount that would enable you to visualise it, but can say that it's definitely more than a 'discharge', and is an obvious 'plug' if you know what I mean? Sorry I can't describe it better!

Catch
xxx

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Hi 3rd tri'ers  ^surprise^

Mish - don't be shy!  We don't bite...... unless you ask  ^evil^ ;D  I've decided it's a hazard to live in the country  ;D  I'm not normally clumsy.. am convinced it's the country making me that way  ^idiot^

Nic - I have no idea why breast feeding would take a 4 hour class  ::) It's part of my antenatal classes which start on the 23rd.... 6 weekly 1 hour sessions on all sorts of things.  Kind of excited, but sad cause DH can't make it to any.... my grandma is coming, but I told her she can't ask any questions or make any comments that would embarrass me  ^evil^ ;D

Catch - ooooo sounds like junior is getting ready to make a grand entrance!!

About nappies - people can be so opinionated on things that don't concern them!!  Speaking of global warming....... how many of these do-gooders who criticise disposable nappies use aerosol sprays  ^evil^ hehe.... I've got a comeback for almost anything  ;D
I am using cloth as we don't have garbage collection in the country, and a) I couldn't be bothered to store up dirty nappies to take to the tip, b) there's too many naughty possums, mice & rats that eat everything in sight!! c) cost.... disposables are a rip off here!!!

Trudy - only one more sleep!!  How exciting!!!!!!!!!  Love your new piccy by the way  :)

On the feeding debate - I want to try breastfeeding, but am shy about doing it in public too....... so, want to express and get babe used to bottle too, so DH can help out  :)

No news from me really........ am hungry, again!!  Off to make some lunch!!

~Natt~

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Hello everyone..

Catch xxx hope all is well with Angie, stay put Junior and cook a little more xxx

Natt xxx hope you have had any close encounters with barb wire fencing again!!

Trudy xxx so pleased that you have you date... tomorrow haye I am getting all excited!!!

Elvie xxx you still hanging in there babes xxx

Mish xxx welcome and I love the pics in the gallery,

Han xxx hope you are ok...

Ok will do  a proper catch up later .. I am off to sort DS passport out he is going away for a month  :'( :'( back to the uk ...

love and hugs to you all xxx

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Trudy, just want to wish you all the luck in the world for tomorrow,m can't wiat to here your news C xx

·
Registered
175 Posts
Morning All!

Well I had my first ante-natal Yoga class last night, and was pleased to see that I have retained some of my bendiness from a year ago when I did "real" yoga regularly! I must say that at 31 weeks I expected to feel like one of the bigger mummies to be, but was actually one of the smallest! I have a midwife appointment this afternoon and am now worried she's gonna say I'm small for my dates (although the last scan (28 weeks) said I was a week ahead of dates??) :-\

Trudy - GOOD LUCK for tomorrow - I'm soooo relieved you're having a section, now I KNOW you're ALL gonna be fine!

Can't make this a long one as sitting at the PC is making my upper back ache! (This admin lark might not suit me after all!! ;D )

LOL Caroline xx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Just had to pop on to say  ^goodluck^ to Trudy and DH (a fellow former september star!) for tomorrow!  Looking forward to hearing your wonderful news!
^pinkted^ ^blueted^ ^cloud9^ ^storkgirl^ ^storkboy^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^cloud9^ ^storkgirl^ ^storkboy^ ^pinkted^ ^blueted^
Marie xx

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Good luck Trudy for tomorrow!!

re nappies - I have read several times that resusables aren't as environmentally friendly as everyone makes out - the laundering takes up a lot of energy.  The best option of all environmentally is probably the biodegradable disposables but one friend said they're a bit leaky.  These people should mind their own business shouldn't they!! But try using the laundering argument to shut them up.

Good night's sleep for once - only 1 loo trip all night! 

Hi to everyone - will do personals next time when I've got more time

Elvie
x

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Trudy - GOOD LUCK for tomorrow, and don't worry a jot about the c-section, it was great, and the recovery was sooo quick (note, you won't think it will be on day 2, but there's a miraculous improvement on day 3 - I was warned of this by a friend, and she was right!)
Lots of love and best wishes

Jane
XXXX

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Re nappies, I think you have to do what's best for you and not worry what anyone else thinks.  Personally we're using cloth nappies as I just think they are softer and kinder to baby's bum as well as being better for the environment and hopefully cheaper in the long run.  Have heard the recent comments re the energy used washing and drying them being just as bad as using disposables which is fair enough but I think like most things it's all relative.  I get the impression from friends who have had babies that I'll be washing and drying every day anyway.. eek!

There's so much conflicting opinion on breastfeeding too it seems.  The lady who took our bf class reckoned it was best not to introduce the bottle too early..ie, expressing so that DH can help out, as it may cause bubs to have difficulty latching onto the breast again.  Apparently the sucking action is completely different on the breast as it is with a bottle.. breast is more of a massaging action and bottle is a sucking action.  I think she may have said it's best to wait 6 weeks before introducing a bottle but can't be sure on this, will have to check.  But again, if bf isn't for you then there's no point making yourself miserable by doing it.  I want to try but I have my reservations so will see how it goes.  Hope I don't feel like a milking machine!!!

Off to paint again, will be back later.
Petlamb x

·
Registered
76 Posts
hi everyone sorry not posted had a rough couple of weeks been in hospital with contractions and was told i was two dilated and sent home a week ago to see if pains would get worse even though been getting contractions every day nothing else been happening. the hospital also decided that i was due baby last friday and i had a membrain sweep this morning getting more contractions now so going for a walk round park... getting a little tired with pains coming and going due hospital next thursday and if baby not here will induce me next day. but midwife thinks i will of had baby by then... getting contraction right now as i speak so heres hoping.....been a long to weeks
good luck to those expecting the same time as me

take care all xxxxx

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hello ... just sneaking over from the second tri to have a peak at the big school.

Trudy ... all the best for tomorrow.  I'm glad you are feeling happy about the decision for a c-section .... for me decision making is the hardest thing ... once I've made up my mind I'm usually fine and have no second thoughts.

Gillian ... if your ticker is correct and bubs arrives tomorrow you might be one of the elite that delivers on their due date ... wish you all the best.

Karen x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Trudy - Just wanted to wish you the best of luck for tomorrow. I'm sure everything will go well for and you'll all be back home in no time.

On the feeding debate I was really not into breastfeeding but decided to at least give it a go and I have to say I've been really lucky that its gone well (after the first couple of days!) and I actually enjoy it. I'm not one for feeding in public either and have so far managed to only have to do it twice but as you get used to latching them on it does get easier to be discreet. Having said that, I know its not for everyone and you have to do what is right for you as much as for your baby. We were told if you are going to mix breast and bottle it's best to wait until 4 weeks to ensure breastfeeding is well established, but to do it before 6 weeks when bubs won't want anything else though I know others have done it earlier. We've just introduced a bottle to Jake and he's fine swapping between the two.

Good luck to everyone else especially those near their due dates - I shall be looking out for your news. Sounds like you won't be long Gillian so fingers crossed all goes well.

Take care,

Chux xx

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi there

Good luck to Gillian and Trudy got everything crossed for you huns! xxx

Things are a bit better with my mum now, i have had a bit of a chat with her and she has agreed that although she gets down and can't hide it well she will do her best to make sure the arrival of my baby isnot spoiled by hers and my dad's problems.  I have decided if my dad decides to off load problems on to me I am just going to ask him not to talk to me about it at that point, as I don't feel it is appropriate.  Thanks again for all your advice and support on this you have all been a great help xxx

Speaking of bottle/breastfeeding, I just had an antenatal class and I aske dthe midwife when we would be discussing the topic of feeding and she said she will talk to us in 2 weeks time about breast feeding but that they are NOT ALLOWED to talk to us about bottle feeding.  I find this quite upsetting to be honest as I was planning to bottle feed (almost definitely though I have always said I will reserve a little bit of judgement until baby arrives as I may feel differently) and have some questions about it, just like anyone who is planning to breast feed may have questions.  It seems unfair to be treated like a leper of sorts just because you are chosing to bottle feed!  She kept saying as we were talking about the delivery etc, "as soon as the baby is born get that baby straight on to the breast" "breast is best" blah blah blah.  Felt a bit annoyed to be honest - oh well!  :mad:I guess it is my body and I have the right to chose what to do with it, just don't like to be pushed in to anything I don't want to do!  Like others of you on here I have issues with the idea of breast feeding infront of people esp my father and Father in law, brothers in law etc.  Also would like my DH to help with feeds when he gets home from work.

on nappies I have never even doubted for a minute that I will be reaching for pampers!  Gosh I am such a philistine- bottle feeding, disposable nappy using tyrant hey!  Every midwife's worst nightmare! ;D

Did you know apparently the first poo a baby does can go abo****ely everywhere- midwife said the first one is the worst and it can go right up their back, in their hair and on their toes.  Lovely!  She also informed us that we are almost guaranteed to poo ourselves during labour and to fart too!  I had thought it was a possibility but didn't realise it was a dead cert!  Well I shall look forward to that (not!) ;)

kitty4

·
Registered
251 Posts
Trudy - good luck for tomorrow. Can't believe your big day is here already and looking forward to reading your news!!

Lulu xx

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi Everyone

Trudy-  Loads of luck for tomorrow, so exciting!!  

Gillian-  Hope you don't have to wait too much longer for your little bundle to arrive!!  

On nappies, think we gonna use disposables.  I love some of the comebacks you girls have said, i will def keep these in mind for ammo, particularly for my step-mum who was forever moaning about my sister using disposables.  Hee hee  ;D ;D

and on b/f- I am with alot of you in 'giving it a go' but not getting too stressed if dosn't work out.  
Caroline-  Thx for tip about formula bottle at bedtime, that does seem to make sense in that you know bubs will have a full tum which hopefully might help to sleep longer!!

Anni-  You scared me now about my outfit, hope it still fits in just less than 6wks time  :eek: :eek:  although absolutely loads of room in skirt for bumpgrowth and in bump part of top.  Just the boobs we have to worry about  ;D ;D ;D
Question for those further on in pg:  Did your boobs grow/explode between about 31 wks and 36wks???  I just hoping my wedding top will still fit!!

Caroline-  I also go to antenatal yoga/relaxation and find it a good opportunity to have a chat (not much relaxation goes on really!!).  Try not to worry about size of bumps cos they all vary loads.  My friend was absolutely loads bigger than me which made me worry but then met girl at antenatal class who day ahead of me and lots smaller....  No rhyme nor reason to size of bumps methinks.
I also have midwife moro, think we must have our appts synchronized being so close in our EDD.

Natt-  I sure your granny won't say anything to embarrass you  ;D ;D  

Tinks-  Hope you o.k.  We will have to keep you busy and entertained whilst your DS is away.

Anni-  I also not feeling such strong kicks, but instead strong wriggles and big movements (although a bit less- reckon bubs has less room and so more of an effort to move around).  Not yet to see anything like a foot or elbow poking through tum...  when does this happen??

Han- yey a fellow love island, BB addict!!  I have never used the video recorder so much this week!!  Tonight is just absolutely hectic with good t.v  ;D ;D  holby, cutting it, ramsey kitchen (will have to tape), BB, Love island (will have to tape)....  I am soooooooooooooooooooo sad!!  ;D ;D  ^idiot^ ^idiot^

Nic G-  Hows you doing hun?

Kitty-  On subject of bubs first poo, told at antenatal class it can also go all over us as soon as bubs is born!! Nice  ;D ;D ;D  Pooy baby and pooy mummy, do you reckon will make a nice first photo!!  ;D ;D

Catch and Ange-  Hope you both doing o.k.  Try not to worry too much about the possibility of gestational diabetes.  Especially as not long to go till your EDD and therefore will have less chance of any effect on bubs.  The main thing they look out for in bubs is that may be larger than dates and therefore worstcase to induce perhaps a week or so before EDD.  My friend is diabetic (had before pregnancy) and gave birth 3 wks ago to a gorgeous healthy boy, she was induced 2 wks before as bubs a bit bigger than dates but this was the only difference in her pregnancy.  I think gestational diabetes is managed by slight change in diet rather than insulin.  

Not much to report on from me, had last week off work to chill out and now back to normality of work  :mad: :mad: :mad:  I am on countdown at the mo and can't stop looking in my diary to count number of weeks left to work (hoping that if i count enough the number of weeks will magically reduce  ;D ;D).

Hope everyone is doing well, and hello to all not mentioned.

Loads of love
Kel
xxx  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hiya all

Catch - def not like mine then, jr prob not be many weeks away... I hope ang is ok.

Kel - am sure outfit will be great - sorry to worry you! - boobs surely cant grow that much??? Mine havent done much the whole time, so i cant comment. it my bump am worried about!

TRUDY - GOOD LUCK FOR TOMMORROW!!!!!! How excting!!!! Your latest pic is fab - you def have 2 in there!!!

Hi to all - but must dash for parentcraft, take care,
anni :)

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Trudy - best of luck for tomorrow hun. How exciting, you're going to be a mummy!  ;D I sympathise with you about your MIL, maybe your DH could have a polite word to his mum not to put pressure on you.  She should understand that you want your mum with you. Family can be such a nightmare.  ^bigbad^

Good luck.  ;) I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Nic xxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.