Dawnie5000 ^babycrawl^ EDD 08/09/05
Keri ^babycrawl^ EDD 08/09/05
samlynch7 ^babycrawl^ EDD 09/09/05
HelenLo ^babycrawl^ EDD 16/09/05

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hello all

Great news about Catch Jnr eh, hope all went well at the hospital in the end with the dr's etc.

Mish~ I'm with you on the  ^hump^ thing, Dh and I have only been  near each other about 3 times cause we are that nervous and scared!!!  Oh well!  Seems like your rain dance worked on thursday night!  I was told by my m/w to start thinking of my birth plan from 28 weeks onwards!  Haven't got anything written down yet but have  few ideas in me head, i.e. water pool, defo noooooo epidural unless for c section etc!

Helen~ Welcome to the 3rd trim

Natt~ What are these dr's like eh, hope you get better help from your m/w.

Idgi~ Dh and I went to Glasto in '98!  Not good, worst weekend of my life because of the weather but still!  Suppose I wasn't in the right kind of spirit!

Anni~ Great news about your 5/5, and glad to hear that all seems to be going in the right direction, hope your itching calms down soon.

Dawn~ Have a great time in Devon and hope your bp comes down soon.

Well, had a nice day today  shopping for DH's b'day next week.  Off out tonight on the tiles for Dh's b'day with our gang of mates, to see our newly wed friends and also our friends who have broken the news of impending parenthood!  Can't wait.

Oh last night went to Merry Hill and there are some quite good sales on at the mo in Dorothy Perkins, H & M and Mothercare for maternity cloths.  Brought a top from DP's and a swimming cossie from Mothercare. 

Keep well and those little ones cooking (unless it's your time soon eh!)

Keri
x

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Blimey!  I don't log on for a few hours and there are two births!  Fantastic news about Tinks and Catch/Ange - they have definitely jumped the queue!  ;D

Kel - glad to hear that you have sorted out your pram.  Thanks for your concern re. travel on the tube, but fortunately I get a British Rail train to work so I don't have to go by tube thank goodness. :) But the hot weather over the last few days has been very trying.

S4rah - its probably normal pregnancy discharge as this does increase in the latter stages of pg, but if you are worried contact your midwife.  :)

Dawn - hope you have a good time away hun, and good luck and I hope your blood pressures comes down soon.  :)

Weight gain - I am choosing to be in an ignorant frame of mind on this subject.  I know I'll need to diet like mad when bubs arrive and eat more healthy but as my m/w doesn't weigh me at my antenatal visits I've decided not to inflict it on myself!   ;D

Anni - glad to hear that tests went well and bubs is as active as ever.  ;)

Han - fab piccie hun - you look so well.  ;)

My Mum and Dad came back from holiday last week with lots of clothes for bubs. They are so sweet  I can't wait to try them on her.  I've got so much clothes for her I'll be changing her about 4 times a day.  DH is concerned that I will turn her into a 'little pink princess'!  ;D  No chance! But I don't think 4 changes of clothes a day is excessive!!!!!!  ;)  ;D

Take care all, and looking forward to more little ones arriving.

Nic  ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi guys

sorry about this- just a test post as I have tried to post 3 messages in the last few days and they have not appeared.  Did not want to type loads then only to lose it all again

Kitty4

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi girls,

Just wanted to pop in to see how the remaining september stars are doing. Petlamb, Elvie and Angel, have been thinking of you all and cant wait until you have some news to share.

I dont get online much these days as you can imagine, but Jake and Kayden are doing really well. The hv weighed them yesterday, as a general rule she said they should put on an ounce a day. But in one week Jake had put on 11 ounces and Kayden had put on 14!!!!! I am madly in love with both of them and just sit looking at them most of the day, sometimes i think its all a dream.

Anyway, i do keep popping by to see how everyone is doing. Take care everyone,

L xx

·
Registered
116 Posts
Oh dear just done another really long post, sent it and it has disappeared.  how annoying

i will try again!

Congrats to Tinks and Catch and Angie- things sure move fast around here.

NiC G on weight issues I am gettng really annoyed by people who feel free to comment on my body as they please.  From family members over the last few days i have had the following comments - my sister said to me "your face isn't looking as bloated today as it has been" - (lovely cheers for that my confidence has just rocketed!!)  The best was my Dad upon answering the door to him, he marches in and says looking revolted at the size of my stomach " I bet you can't wait to get back in shape" and "who ate all the pies"  he reckons he is having a joke but given the fact that he is a total health freak who cannot abide people putting on weight I somehow doubt this.  I think we shouldn't worry about putting on a littel weight in pregnancy it is really the least of our worries and we shouldn't be made to feel bad as to an extent you can't help what your body does in pregnancy. 

Leanne - glad to hear you little ones are doing well, you must be a very busy mummy now with 2 of them!

Keri and Mish -On the ^hump^i only really went off it in my first trimester, and generally i would say pregancy has made me want to do more of it which i wasn't expecting AT ALL  ;DStill gonna come as a shock to both of us when there will be no action at all for at least 6 weeks as my midwife has told me after the birth.  Sure i won't be feeling like it AT ALL!!!!! ha haha ;D

Anni - glad your tests went well, make sur eyou look after yourself hun x

Hope this post has worked this time not sure why it seems not to work!

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
^hello^

Leanne, Lovely to hear from you, your babies sound lovely and its great they are putting plenty of weight on.  I bet you don't get a minute to yourself, it must be great

Dawn,  I hope you enjoy your trip away and relax and get that bp down sweetie

Nic,  The more pink the better and a girl can never have too many clothes can she!

Petlamb, Hopefully it won’t be long for you now, and then you can sleep comfortably although you might get woken a few times by the baby!  Will we ever sleep a full night again!!!

Natt, Sorry your doc is such a prat, I hate it when they don’t listen to what you are saying, so infuriating.  Hope you enjoyed your theatre night

Anni,  Glad you got 5 out of 5 it must of made you feel better, I hope the itching isn’t driving you mad

Han,  Love the new piccie you look great

Sarah,  I’ve only got one class which is next Saturday, I think I will just have to watch the discovery health for a few tips. I think it has only really just started to hit me that I will actually be giving birth and to be honest I’m finding it very scary

Keri, I have decided not to rule out the epidural, I think if I rule it out the hospital may not have an aneathatist on standby.  I would prefer to do it with just gas and air but I think I will leave that option open for now  ;D

Kitty, Lucky you with the  ^hump^, I'm sure it will be the last thing on your mind when you first have the baby, just think of the fun you will have though making up for lost time lol

Hi to anyone I've missed

On the weight debate, I put on 2 stone in the first 20 weeks but have only put on 4 pounds in the 12 weeks since, but I have a feeling this will change.  Its awful when you get unwanted comments about your shape and weight I have started to make a point of coming back with an unflattering comment in return to the bearer of the meaner comments.  ;D

After the 2 surprise births I thought I’d better get a move on with my baby washing, I’ve run out of space to dry it so will have to finish it 2morrow and then iron it in the week.  Dh has been working hard on the nursery and hopes to have it finished by next weekend so we can then buy the cot etc, very excited.  Buying the pram tomorrow as it is £60 off at the moment and don’t want to risk missing out, we are keeping it at a friends house though until bubs arrives.

I saw a different mw yesterday and I didn’t find her as easy to talk to as my usual one, she seems okay but its funny how quick you get used to someone else.  I mentioned that I have a very sore feeling underneath my breasts that turns very painful when I’m lied down and for the first few hours after getting up, the pain is getting so bad I’m almost in tears when I have to get up in the night  :'(, the mw said something about my diaphragm, does this mean I will have this pain until I give birth?  I have never heard anyone else mention this pain, was wondering if any of you had heard of anyone else suffering with it?

I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend, soo glad that it is cooler out

Love Mish xx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Isn't it great news about Tinks and Catch & Angie - so glad that all are doing well. It's getting a bit close now - Tinks was due the day before me!!!!  ;D

Mish - Thanks for the comment about the picture - I thought it was about time I updated it as bump seems to have grown lots. I keep wondering just how much more growing there's left to go :-\ I feel huge already!! ;D I sometimes get slight pains in the diaphragm area if I've been sitting slouched but it hasn't really bothered me too much as it goes quickly when I sit up straight. I hope it get's better soon, maybe it will when bubs moves down into pelvis??

Kitty - I'm sure your Dad was just joking - how can anyone expect a pregnant woman NOT to put on weight. Lucky you on the  ^hump^ thing!! We haven't completely given it up yet (as you say I think that will come after the birth  ;D ) but we're not doing it as much as we did before - maybe that's because it's not bms anymore and the pressure has lifted a bit.

Leanne - Fab to hear from you hun!! Glad to see that your little ones are thriving. By the way, if a strange women comes up to you in Tesco's in Ryde and asks if you're Leanne and mentions FF it's probably my Mum (not that she knows what you look like so she might end up embarrassing herself talking to another poor mum with twin boys!! ;D ;D ) ( I've read that back and realised that she's not strange at all she's lovely!! ;D )

Nic G - As Mish says, a girl can never have too many clothes and from what I've heard newborns tend to have to be changed more than once a day anyway!! ;D Hope the weather gets a bit cooler for your commute - you can't have too long left at work though have you?

Keri - Hope you have a good time out tonight. Might see if our Dorothy Perkins has a sale on as I could do with a couple of new tops!!

MIL went home today and although it's been fab having a bit of company, I'm quite pleased to have my house back. Just lots of tidying up to do as I haven't done any housework all week. I've been washing all the baby's stuff - still got three more loads to do - how many sheets and blankets have we bought?!?!

We've finished our Parentcraft classes now and although I feel I know enough to write a birth plan I don't know how to write it all down so that the midwife will understand. I might have a look on some websites to see if I can find an example plan to give me an idea.

After 5 weeks of only temping for 4 hrs a day (and this last week off) I'm doing a full weeks work next week at my old job to cover for someone. It'll be good to have another week's pay before my maternity pay kicks in three weeks time but it'll be a shock to the system having to work a 43 hr week - but then that's it, I really am going to put my feet up!!!

Anyway, I really have rambled on this evening haven't I - best get off to bed as I'm knackered.

Take care everyone,

Lots of love,
Hannah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hello everyone

I havent posted for a little bit, and sooooo much has happened  :eek:

sorry if this is a bit of a me post, as there is a new thread i find it hard to remember everything.

I fell over wednesday, so have been resting since, as i fell flat on baby, and i have managed to do my leg in too, so i am finding walking very difficult, babs is fine though which is the main thing, and immediately took to kicking me extremely hard, i think he was getting his own back on me.

love
Lisa
xxxxx

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Hiya Ladies

Just logged in to see if any more little ones have arrived!  ;D

Lisa - glad to hear that you and little one are ok  ^Cuddle^ rest up and take care of yourself.  :)

Han - only 2 weeks left at work for me, thank goodness.  Weather in London seems to be quite cool this weekend, which is great as it gives a chance for my swollen feet to reduce a little!  :eek:  But the forecast for the week looks a bit warmer, which I don't mind too much as I've treated myself to two summer tops from Next and I can't wait to wear them!  :)  You take it easy at work, don't overdo it hun.

Keri - you're right about the weight issue hun.  Looking forward to DH taking me out for brunch today, might have double helpings!!!!!  ;D

Girlie pink clothes - thanks ladies for confirming what I thought, of course a little girl can never have enough pink outfits!!!!

Enjoy what's left of the weekend ladies - catch up during the week.  I'm off to my breastfeeding class on Wednesday, so I'll update you all on that.

Love
Nic xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Morning All

Nic, I love all pink and lilac outfits perfect for the summer, you go girl !! its cooler in Oxfordshire as well, thankfully, as with the rest of you I am sure, even a whole nights rest didn't allow the feet to go down much  :-\ hope the breatfeeding class went well, ours was great as was very open minded and the hard side was portrayed v.well, enough to put most people off hehe

Bitbit, glad to hear the babs is ok, must have been a shock, hope you feel better soon  :-*

I adore my bump and am so happy with it, I too get comments, my sister who god love her has had two boys, can't help but refer to me as fat ! I only ever said she was blomming and looking so happy etc, but then I guess all of us have been through so much we have compassion ;)

Han, good luck with the plan, I am not writing one, but equally not writing anything out, just going to go with the flow, Mish I have to say at the start that I might want one even if I can manage, otherwise I won't be able to have one and even by asking there is no guarantee at our hospital as they are mostly midwife led now, I do know what I am like with pain, but the thought of one scares me even more  ^scared^

Leanne lovely to hear from you, so glad the boys are doing well  :-* :-*

Hope to hear some news on pet & elvie soon, love to everyone else

Candy x

·
Registered
680 Posts
Morning all

Hope you are all well.
Can't believe that Catch and Tinks have both had their precious bundles! Thats FAB news!

Nic - I CANT believe you are still having probs with seat on tube. Its making me quite cross about the state of the nation! Not long till finish though hopefully...

Han - glad you well love, you have made me panic about the amount of sheets i havent bought!!!!! I only have 2!!! Prob not enough eh????????

Mish - sorry you feeling poorly love, i dont have any knowledge or advice on the subject -  but hope you find a way to make it feel better...

Leanne - your boys are adorable!!!!!! Glad all well with you.

Hi to all not mentioned.... Have visitors so am off to do brekkie.
Itching still mentalist. 4 am showers the norm now! Scared myself by looking up the cholestasis in preg book this morning...not good, wish i'd not bothered!
But at least we know bubs still ok in there!

Take care all,
anni :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
hello all

Well, hasn't this weekend been lovely, today is a nice temp,not to hot and not too cold either, just right. 

Nic G~ Aren't parents so thoughtful, my mom and dad have been collecting things for us every since our BFP and are going to deliver it all soon, can't wait!

Leanne~ Great to hear that your lads are doing great, and putting on weight like they should do.  They look adorable.

Kitty~  re ^hump^.  DH and I have been that scared of doing it since our BFP really, we did it the first time and I ended up at the GP cause I was having odd pains (not sure if it was the  ^hump^ that did it!  but put us off more!) so we've only given in to temptation once or twice since!  As for after the birth, well we'll have to see!!!  m/w hasn't mentioned that yet!

Mish~ Sorry to hear that you are having pains mate, not sure what that could be, hopefully you will see your "nice" m/w again next time and she may give more info.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

Han~ I got a lovely green top from DP's for £4! Bargain, being as though we won't get much more use out of them really eh.  I struggle with bottoms as I'm only 5ft tall so only looked at tops in there but there were bottoms as well if you need some more.

Bitbit~ Sorry to hear that you fell down pud, hope your knee gets better soon, but glad to hear that bubs was fine!

candy~ Having an epidural scares me more than giving birth!!  Don't think I'll be going for that unless a C section is defo needed!

Anni~ Sorry to hear the itching hasn't got better, hope those drugs kick in soon

Have had a lovely weekend, great night out last night with the gang, all excited about our friends new news about them becoming parents soon and all were surprised to see the size of me bump!  Lots of laying on of hands put it that way!

My parents have just returned from a 2 week holiday and popped round as soon as they returned to see our nursery, only for my mom to burst into tears, she is so happy for us to be getting her dream and also finds it odd to think that her baby is having a baby!  They arrived with a present of a nappy bucket bless!!!  We are going to buy our buggy tomorrow and i'm so excited, Babie's R Us here we come!!

On the weight thing, I have only put on 9lb so far, should I be worried??  I never get weighed at the m/w but secretly do it at work on the ward's scales!

Hope you are all well and can't wait for more news about new arrivals (cough cough Elvie, Angel and Pet!)

Keri
xx

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Just nipped in to see if any news from Idgi as yet.. are you still waiting hun?

Elvie and Angela, how are you doing?  Still drinking the raspberry leaf tea and eating pineapple like me?
I'm starting to wonder if the little fella will ever come out.. going a bit la-la..
I don't even think his head is engaged as I can still feel it and no sign of a show or anything.

Does anyone have an opinion on the Vit K injection for baby after birth?  Wondering whether to go for the oral option instead although m/w said sometimes they can vomit afterwards so they don't know how much of it has been absorbed.  Hmm, not sure which is the best way to go..

Glad to hear everyone seems to be doing ok.  Going to try to get an earlyish night tonight so will leave it at that for now.

Love to all,
Petlamb xx

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
^hello^ everyone

Hope you all had a fab weekend.  I had a quiet one at home with DH, apart from going out to dinner on Saturday night - to a seafood restuarant.... I hate seafood, but assumed they'd have something on the menu I could eat.... but noooooooo  ;D the lady treated me like I was  ^idiot^ for thinking that!  Eventually they accommodated me and gave me a garden salad, chips, and chicken nuggets from their takeaway menu  ;D  Was still nice to get out though!

Nic - I'm opposite you in regards to pink  :p I can't stand it  ;D so our little girl has 'gender neutral' clothes..... ie: white, white, more white, and some yellow... DH even picked out a navy blue trackuit for her because it was cute  ;D

Leanne - glad to hear you and your delightful boys are doing well!!!

Mish - how did you go with pram shopping? Get the one you wanted??!  I've washed all the baby clothes and they're neatly folded back in the cupboard  :) Still have a few more items to get, non clothes wise, but we're waiting to see what we get at our baby shower on the 16th July..... can you believe it's nearly July??!!!  :eek:

Hannah - good luck with your birth plan.  Our hospital actually ask you to write one, and get you to sign something if you don't want to do it.  I've got all mine in my head, just have to write it down too....... I'm thinking point form will be best!

Bitbit - sorry to hear about your fall, and glad to hear bubs is okay!  I tripped over my own feet the other day, but luckily landed on my side on the couch ???

To all those expecting soon - am thinking of you, and sending positive thoughts your way!

Hi to everyone not mentioned!!

~Natt~

·
Registered
930 Posts
Morning all

I am afraid there won't be any personals .... I log off for a few days and two births!!!!

I am in shock!

But really pleased for Tinks and Catch and Ange.
Well - we had our BBQ on Saturday .... in the rain - and it has been lovely weather again since, typical!
Hope all are well.
My last day at work today - HURRAY!!!!!!
Take care
DC
xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Hi Guys

Pet Although I hate the idea of an injection in a tiny baby, I think we will go for that, as everyone I know has had the injection, with the oral option, at our hospital we have to have a second dose later on to ensure that they have taken enough, where as with the injection you know they have it all, when is your next m/w appointment ?

I have loads of white blothes on my legs, hope they go after the baby.

Keri, I wouldn't worry I would be pleased at your weight gain, that must all be bay and placenta, its my lard **** that weights the most me thinks, bless your mum.

Love to all not mentioned C x

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
hi all

Petlamb - I don't have a strong view on the vit k so I think we'll just have it by injection.

Igdi - any news?

Are you guys and Angel starting to get the dumb phone calls? I haven't had anyone phone specifically for that reason but most people who do have at least a vague idea of the due date slip into conversation 'so you haven't had the baby yet' which they think is either sweet or amusing.......

Anyway had a bit of action at 5am with a combination of lower backache and stomach cramps which were intermittent but not regular or that close together. It was quite painful though and seems to have been a false labour start.  Luckily it was too quick for me to get dh awake and excited. And by 6.30 ish it had all stopped.

Sorry a bit of a me post - anyone else had this happen?

DC enjoy your last day at work!

elvie
x

·
Registered
930 Posts
Thanks Elvie

Not had what you describe - but I bet you started to think this is it!!

I have had some calls where I am sure the person is hoping that I will say bubs is on the way.

Perhaps when people ask if we have had it we should say - 'oh yes I had it two nights ago, but I didn't like it so I have left it for the bin men to take'

or is that just the crazy preggy hormones kicking in??  ;-)
DC

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Elvie, that sounds like what I had one evening last week.  The cramping was pretty painful and lasted about an hour and a half but since then nothing.  I was convinced my time had come but then it disappeared as quickly as it came.  Odd huh.  Hopefully yours will mean something may happen soon!!

On the phone call front.. MIL is the worst.. she's been calling and texting me every other day for the last 2-3 weeks!  She told me that the minute you start cleaning windows the baby will come so I get multiple texts asking how my windows are doing  ::).  Quite sweet really but makes me feel like I'm letting her down by having no news.  Saying that, my windows look like they could do with another going over  ;D.

Candy, I get white blotches on my legs too.. I think it's the swelling.  Plus I only have to lean my leg on something for a few seconds and I get a huge indentation.. do you get that too?

On the Vit K front.. I think you're right, will probably go for the injection.  I was just a bit worried about the scare with it years ago (although nothing was proved).  I just think I'm a bit paranoid as early on in the 2nd tri I had an x-ray on my back without realising the risks.  They did put a cover thing on my lower back although it would barely have covered anything as it was so low down.  Ever since then I keep worrying that I've given our baby a massive dose of radiation so don't want to take any more risks.  Just me being a worry guts I guess.

Right, I may venture over to Tescos for another bashing.. hopefully it'll be quiet on a Monday so people will be more considerate of my condition!

Love to all.
Delores, enjoy your last day at work.  Tee hee to your binman comment!
Petlamb x

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.