KathyC ^babycrawl^ EDD 30/10/05
Pinny ^babycrawl^ EDD 02/11/05

Please welcome
oneunited ^babycrawl^ EDD 03/11/05
clairelilley15 ^babycrawl^ EDD 03/11/05

·
Registered
840 Posts
hello all you lovely ladies out there.(and dad!)

Ooooo starting off a new board, now will my pg brain work tonight and remember what to post from the old board,  ^idiot^.

Great news on the  ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^ girlie babies for Han and Natt, can't wait to hear all about your experiences and hope you are all well  ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^ Isn't it exciting !!!!

Catzy~ Just think if nothing happens beforehand you'll have your baby in your arms by 7th September!!

Kelly1~ Any news on you chuck??  I have read "my sisters keeper" too by Jodie Picoult and cried loads reading it, which I wouldn't of minded but I was flying back from New York at the time!!!  couldn't put it down at all.  I will let you know what Brooke Shields book is like but I dare say by the time I've read it you'll have something else to take you time up, other than a good book.  Hope to hear baby news from you soon chuck.  Max the cat hasn't brought back anything else dead this week but I finish work tomorrow (yay!) and so will  be in more to recieve presents from monday!! Oh heck!  Happy anniversary by the way, hope you have had a good day......

Nic G~ Breastfeeding sounds quite intriguing, not sure what DH will do if he has to do what your DH does with your other breast!!! 

Ddorf~ Sorry to hear that your DH really wants to move.  I can see why though as he'll see more of you and your little one but can also see that you really don't want to go.  Hope you can come to some sort of middle ground.  I also hope that you are behaving and that bed rest isn't getting you too down this week. 

Helenlo~ Great piccie of you and your DD.  Glad to hear your strep B test came back normal, I'm going to ask about having it done next wednesday at my next appt with m/f I think cause nothing has been mentioned about that test!  Ta for offer of DH's research into Broadband but I suddenly realised that if we change from wanadoo, who we are with at the mo, we will have to change email address and so don't think we'll bother.  We are going to see what our bills are like once I'm let loose during the day and then decide. 

Mish~ I do think Max is doing it to prove that he's great but he shouldn't have to cause I adore him and he knows it.  He does realise something is happening as he's become soooo protective at the mo, following me round everywhere.  Molly sounds like a good hunter but not nice that she kills bunnies in front of you!  Not good at all!!

Kate J~ Hope you and Dh can come to a decision about what type of labour.  It's a hard one and you shouldn't be made to feel bad if you don't choose the C section.  Go with what feels best for you, DH and your bundle.

Dawn~ Hope your DH is feeling better hun, you don't need him to be poorly if little one decides he/she is on his/her way!!!  Only 4 weeks to go for us now, eeeeccckkkk!!  Hope the dog has remained silent, have you seen him recently??  ^evil^

Pollttc~ Love your piccie with your sweetcorn, wish I could grow things like that (other than my bump!)

Joana~ Happy b'day for tomorrow have a great day.

Only 1 day left to go for me before I become a lady of leisure, yippee!!!!!!  Can't wait to finish tomorrow night.  Have lots planned for my first week of leisure, lots of cooking and cleaning.  But can't wait for my new book to arrive from Ebay, Brooke Shields, I have to try and make myself finish my jobs before I start it unless nowt will get done!!

Did anyone who's baby is engaged have shooting pains "down there" before it did finally engage?  Last week when I saw m/w baby was still "free" but this week I have been having shooting pains and also trips to the loo have become a matter of course, more so than usual.  Any thoughts?? 

We have our "breathing and massage" class on saturday morning and I sooooo can't wait.  Dh is dreading it cause he hates doing things like that cause he's shy, but he'll be fine, he's got to be unless I'll be  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

Hope to hear more baby news soon and those stories from Han and Natt. 

Everyone keep well and painfree labour vibes for Kel and Mrs G  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Keri
xx

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Morning!

Just a quickie from me, have hospital appt this morning to check if my BP has gone down again & last day at work!!  ^banana^ ^banana^

^birthday^ Joana! Hope you have a great day!  ^birthday^

Keri, Can you not change to Wanadoo broadband & keep your emails? We have wanadoo wireless for £17.99 a month, have no problems with it.

So, who's next! Can't to hear what Caroline has had, will it be 4 girls in a row
?!  ^pinkted^

Everyones bumps look great! I'm going to try & follow Kim's instructions & post some piccies tomorrow.

Have a good day!
Siobhan x

·
Registered
251 Posts
^birthday^ Jo

Hope you have a lovely birthday and a great LAST DAY AT WORK!!!

Hi to everyone else

Love Lou xx

·
Registered
251 Posts
Vonniej

Enjoy your last day at work!!

Lou xx

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Hi all!

Have a fun last day at work, Vonnie! I'm a teacher so for the first summer hols ever I'm doing hardly any work (well, been into school and done a bit of planning so far but not my usual). It's going to be weird going back in Sept for four weeks (if I can manage that long!)

Keri - you enjoy your last day of work too - don't go overboard on the cleaning next week or you could end up like me!

Just got back from physio - she's pretty convinced that I don't have SPD which is good news - just horrible back and leg and groin pain (for lots of reasons that would be too boring for me to go into!) No less painful and restricting she says but should all sort itself out a bit quicker after birth! Got a very sexy elastic support belt which does seem to help - can't see it fitting under my clothes though - maybe wearing it externally at school will get me more sympathy!

Hi to all = hope you have a good day!

Poll
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi everyone!

Well, not too much progress on the project front today.  DH ended up preparing a presentation for work, and somehow the day has escaped us!  So that only leaves tomorrow, as we are having a few friends over for brunch on Sunday and then he's off to Sweden for a few days.  Oh well, at least we've made some progress this week, and today isn't over!

I'm still on bed rest, but my jail days are numbered!  The doctor thinks I can probably get back to some sort of normal life at the end of the month, as I'll then be almost 35 weeks.  Can't wait!!  It's definitely been a struggle, but thankfully the weather has been very cooperative: rainy and miserable!!  Normally that would be horrible, but it's a lot easier to stay indoors when it's teeming rain outside!

Poll - great news that you don't have SPD, although of course that's no consolation if you still have the pain!  At least if it goes sooner afterwards, that's something!

Siobhan - enjoy your last day at work!  Hope you get some good presies from your coworkers.

Keri - enjoy your last day, too!  I don't know about shooting pains (and I don't think bubs' head is engaged yet, although she is head down), but I definitely feel a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen when I stand up too long.  Which admittedly isn't often because of this bed rest situation, but I've definitely noticed a pressure difference.  I think this can be a sign of the baby's head engaging, but I'm not sure!

Joana - happy birthday!!  Lucky you having a birthday on a Friday!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday, and has some fun plans for the weekend!

Hugs,
Julia

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Hello all

Happy Birthday to Joana, hope you have had a lovely day

Congratulations to Natt and Han...can't wait to hear more

Hello to everyone else...hope you are all well

I finished work last Friday so have had a strange week this week not really knowing what to do...I think i surprised everyone at work last week as well by not being particularly upset!! 

My mum moved in on Sunday to be here until after the baby arrives, she normally lives over 3 hours away so she has deserted my dad and come to keep me company.  We had to go to the hospital yesterday, the baby has been laying oblique the last 3 times we have been to the midwife so they were concerned something was stopping baby from moving into position, but hey ho baby has now moved and the head is no longer free, so its wait and see time now.....

Well hope you all have a lovely weekend and hoping for more baby news soon

love

Sarah
xx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Dewy ^babycrawl^ EDD 29/07/05
DA Trets ^babycrawl^ EDD 30/07/05
blue ^babycrawl^ EDD 01/08/05
Sammy04 ^babycrawl^ EDD 06/08/05
Fizzy ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 09/08/05
Mrs G ^babycrawl^ EDD 10/08/05
Luisa ^babycrawl^ EDD 11/08/05
Kelly1 ^babycrawl^ EDD 11/08/05
shelley121 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 15/08/05
Paula 131 ^babycrawl^ EDD 16/08/05
sioux ^babycrawl^ EDD 18/08/05
DTTC ^babycrawl^ EDD 20/08/05
Toofa ^babycrawl^ EDD 24/08/05
bitbit3 ^babycrawl^ EDD 24/08/05
mish3434 ^babycrawl^ EDD 25/08/05
Helsbels ^babycrawl^ EDD 25/08/05
margarita S ^babycrawl^ EDD 27/08/05
Shelly77 ^babycrawl^ EDD 29/08/05
S4rah ^babycrawl^ ^angel^ EDD 30/08/05
tiff ^babycrawl^ EDD 3/09/05
Fey-blue ^babycrawl^ EDD 05/09/05
dotty ^babycrawl^ EDD 05/09/05
MARTEEN ^babycrawl^ EDD 05/09/05
Deb's Hoping ^babycrawl^ EDD 05/09/05
Megan 35 ^babycrawl^ EDD 07/09/05
Dawnie5000 ^babycrawl^ EDD 08/09/05
Keri ^babycrawl^ EDD 08/09/05
samlynch7 ^babycrawl^ EDD 09/09/05
HelenLo ^babycrawl^ EDD 16/09/05
allison ^babycrawl^ EDD 23/09/05
Catzy ^babycrawl^ EDD 24/09/05
lisalou ^babycrawl^ EDD 27/09/05
Cat2004 ^babycrawl^ EDD 28/09/05
Andrea1974 ^babycrawl^ EDD 01/10/05
LouKIZ ^babycrawl^ EDD 06/10/05
DdorfGirl ^babycrawl^ EDD 06/10/05
vonniej ^babycrawl^ EDD 02/10/05
Joana ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 07/10/05
kiwikaz ^babycrawl^ EDD 07/10/05
zoep ^babycrawl^ EDD 08/10/05
Auggie ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 09/10/05
helen72 ^babycrawl^ EDD 10/10/05
marly ^babycrawl^ EDD 12/10/05
Bex 75 ^babycrawl^ EDD 13/10/05
Jasper ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD14/10/05
lulu434 ^babycrawl^ EDD 14/10/05
Brian ^babycrawl^ EDD 14/10/2005
flamenca ^babycrawl^ EDD 18/10/05
(Baby)Young ^babycrawl^ EDD 18/10/05
pollttc ^babycrawl^ EDD 19/10/05
sal1136 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 19/10/05
lis35 ^babycrawl^ EDD 24/10/05
CPT ^babycrawl^ EDD 25/10/05
Kate-J ^babycrawl^ EDD 27/10/05
dinoswife ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 28/10/05
ceedubya ^babycrawl^ EDD 29/10/05

Please welcome
tracyej ^babycrawl^ EDD 04/11/05

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hello all,

Well I don't call, I don't visit and then when I finally do show my face its just to ask you questions....the cheek of me!  :)

Has anyone elses cons suggested being induced a day or two after their due date? My cons wants to see me on the 5th (EDD) and has said that if baby hasn't arrived that he would recommend me being induced because we know that that is the true EDD....what do you think?

Also bearing in mind the above any tips on getting bubs head engaged? Should I be concerned that that hasn't happened yet?

I do read the posts I just never seem to get around to posting but will hopefully have a bit more willpower now that I am on mat. leave.....woo hoo!

Love
dotty xxx

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hello fellow snowie Dotty

Its good to hear from you, I've been wondering about when the first snowie baby will be arriving and you don't have long to go.

My midwife told me that my consultant (who I haven't seen yet) would probably want to induce me if bubs hasn't arrived before the due date ... this is because my hospital believes their is a chance the placenta stops working efficiently in IVF pregnancies.  I've asked on the boards and not many people have heard of this ... its probably the hospital being overly cautious.

I'm in too minds about it ... at least I will not have the agonising wait of bubs being two weeks overdue but then inductions can be a bit yucky.

It would be an interesting survey to see how many IVF babies do actually go over the due dates?

Wish you all the best ... congrats on the maternity leave ... I can't wait but I have another three weeks to go  :(

Karen x

·
Registered
56 Posts
:) Morning all
Hope you are all well and hope you have a good weekend.
;) Obvious statement in Tri 3 but its getting exciting hearing all the baby arrival news! ^pinkted^ ^blueted^

I'm home alone this weekend :( but looking forward to some me time too! We were away last w.e and off to V2005 next w.e (yes I'm mad - booked b4 mini was on the way! - But we are staying in hotel and not camping!) DH has gone on a stag w.e He's phoning lots so that keeps me ;D

Thinking I should really get on and do some housework etc - boring but needed! Mini has been dancing away as usual this morning! I love it! ::)

Take care everyone  :)
CPTx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi ladies,
thought it was time I popped in and said hello!  ^wave^
I moved up to third tri last week when I was away so didn't get a chance till now to freak out about moving up here!!!  ^scared^  Still can't believe I'm actually pg at all, let alone heading rapidly towards the final countdown!!

Will spend more time reading posts later so I can get personal but do recognise some friends from 2nd tri and some cycle buddies too from Sept/Oct and Jan/Feb so hello everyone!

Me - I'm already a lady of leisure as I was made voluntarily redundant a few weeks ago  :)  Didn't like being unemployed to start with but am now really getting into it, strangely enough!  ;D ;D  I seem to be incredibly busy and now think I must have made a really bad job of running my life and home when I did work......... ???    I've just had my first anti -D injection, all else is well with baby, got carpal tunnel syndrome which is horrible and involves wearing some very sexy wrist splints in bed which make me look like Edward Scissorhands!  Am a big fan of acupuncture which I had during ICSI and is now helping with my arthritic hands..

Looking forward to 12 more weeks of chat......
Claire xx

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow it's quiet on here!  Guess everyone's out enjoying their weekends.  Envy, envy!

It's actually sunny here today - we've had three weeks of miserable weather, which I've actually been very grateful for!  It certainly is a lot easier to stay in bed/on the couch when the weather isn't nice.  I live four blocks from the Rhine, and when the sun is shining, it kills me not to be in the park!!  But at least I should be able to get out and about in only two more weeks!!  I confess I'm getting a bit of cabin fever, and my legs seem to have a life of their own - they want action!!

We're having some friends over for brunch tomorrow - I'm at least allowed to eat meals!  ;D  Should be nice, and I'm sure it'll feel very sociable in comparison to my recent weeks!

Still can't believe bubs will be here in 8 weeks or so!!  I sometimes have a hard time really believe there is an actual *person* living inside me!!  It's so overwhelming, I just can't get my head around it!

Actually sat out on the balcony for a bit this morning.  Baby needs Vitamin D, right?!  ;D 

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

Julia
xo

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hello all

it is a bit quiet on here isn't it this weekend, and don't think it's cause of the weather either cause it's throwing it down here in dismal Birmingham!  foul weather but hey, who cares eh! 

Poll~ Great to hear that you don't have SPD, hope your pains don't get too much worse.

Ddorf~ Good news about the bed rest, just take it easy when you start to do stuff, you don't want to be back there do you!  my mom had to have complete bed rest from around 5 months when having me and can see now that it must of done her nut in!!  Hope your brunch goes well and enjoy!  I feel the same way as you, find it hard to believe that there is a person in there, even when he/she is kicking hell out of me and my bladder!!!

S4rah~ Glad to hear your baby is in position and that your mom is now at hand.

Dotty~ My baby isn't engaged either yet (well it wasn't at last m/w check anyway) and she said then that she didn't want it to be yet, not sure what that meant though!  I have another check on wednesday and then weekly after that so hopefully baby will get it's act together soon and get into position.  On the consultant and induction thing, I think it's the individual hospital's decision by the sounds of things cause some of the other girls have said that they are treated no differently after the initial IVF treatment.

CPT~ Don't get doing tooooo much this weekend, enjoy having the "me" time

Ceedubya~ Welcome and glad to hear you are well other than the carpal tunnel, you must look very fetching at bed time!  Is is because of the pregnancy that you have it or did you have it before??  Sorry to hear you have been made redundant but enjoy the time relaxing etc before your little one arrives.

Well, I'm now officially a lady of leisure, and it feels great!!  Finished yesterday and came home with further gifts of lots of baby towels and sleepsuits, this pg thing is great isn't it!!  Pressies galore! 

Today we have been to our last class "breathing and massage" so was pampered all morning by having DH practice his "technique" on my lower back and feet.  We were in a class of around 10 couples, all with the ladies having their lower backs and bottoms out ready for action! Massage of course, no other sort of action!!!  ;D ;D.  Had a great time and feel very positive at the moment about the actual birth process which I'm sure will change once those waters break!!!  Have had a few shaky moments over the past few days where I start to think "hope the baby is going to be healthy etc", stupid really to think like that, what will be will be and all that, just those hormones going into overdrive I think, anyone else been feeling like that??  Or am I just a worrier?? 

Am off out for a lovely Italian later with our friends, who are also pg, due at christmas.  We usually have a big meal out at New year but this year, well we'll all be knee high in nappies etc and so tonight is our celebration of becoming parents together.  Can't wait, good company and brilliant food,  oooooooooo garlic bread!!!! 

Have stupidly agreed to watch all 6 Star wars films tomorrow with DH, do I need my head seeing too or what!?  So we have an early start to fit them all in back to back!  Oh crikey, may the force be with me!

Will pop in on monday for some normal conversation!

keri
xx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello ladies

How exciting - I've just been promoted to the third tri board.  I'd better start believing that it's actually going to happen now!  However, after the kicking I got whilst watching Charlie & The Chocolate Factory at the cinema the other night there's no doubt that there's something going on in there!  Baby particularly liked or disliked (dunno which but there's was lots of movement) the Umpaloompa (sp?) songs.

All the exciting stuff seems to happening at once now I'm in third tri.  I've started counting the kicks, I've got mothercraft classes (more like a chance for a cup of tea and a chat) and parentcraft classes (with DH at hospital).

I had a really weird dream the other night.  We were at hospital for a rountine check and they offered to let us have a sneak preview of the baby - me being impatient of course said yes and so (look away if you're squeamish at this point) they cut open my belly and took out a beautiful little baby all dressed in white (hat, gloves, socks, shawl, the works) and with a mop of thick black hair.  Then they put it back in to carry on growing.  I remember feeling really lucky to have met my baby.  Is that odd or what?  Must have had particulary bad heart burn that night, eh?

Anyway, enough about me.  It's nice to see some familiar names from previous boards.  Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the final few weeks....

Have lovely weekend all.

Tracy xx

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi all,

Karen: My cons said the same thing about the placenta which is why I think he wants to induce me. I don't think it was because of the placenta stopping working in IVF pg but just because they know that after 9 months it does start to deteriorate. Anyway it is at least good to know that this is something that other people have been advised of and not just an over zealous cons! I too think that it will be nice to have a date and no huge rush to get to the hospital although I have been told it is more painful....however, having nothing to compare it with it might not be a bad thing. Speak soon...

Keri: I wonder why your midwife was happy about that? That should mean it is a good thing anyway and haes put my mind at rest a bit. Thanks for the reply.

Well a quicky from me because dh is sitting here waiting for the pc.
Take care all and speak soon
dotty xxxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

blue ^babycrawl^ EDD 01/08/05
Sammy04 ^babycrawl^ EDD 06/08/05
Fizzy ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 09/08/05
Mrs G ^babycrawl^ EDD 10/08/05
Luisa ^babycrawl^ EDD 11/08/05
Kelly1 ^babycrawl^ EDD 11/08/05
shelley121 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 15/08/05
Paula 131 ^babycrawl^ EDD 16/08/05
sioux ^babycrawl^ EDD 18/08/05
DTTC ^babycrawl^ EDD 20/08/05
Toofa ^babycrawl^ EDD 24/08/05
bitbit3 ^babycrawl^ EDD 24/08/05
mish3434 ^babycrawl^ EDD 25/08/05
Helsbels ^babycrawl^ EDD 25/08/05
margarita S ^babycrawl^ EDD 27/08/05
Shelly77 ^babycrawl^ EDD 29/08/05
S4rah ^babycrawl^ ^angel^ EDD 30/08/05
tiff ^babycrawl^ EDD 3/09/05
Fey-blue ^babycrawl^ EDD 05/09/05
dotty ^babycrawl^ EDD 05/09/05
MARTEEN ^babycrawl^ EDD 05/09/05
Deb's Hoping ^babycrawl^ EDD 05/09/05
Megan 35 ^babycrawl^ EDD 07/09/05
Dawnie5000 ^babycrawl^ EDD 08/09/05
Keri ^babycrawl^ EDD 08/09/05
samlynch7 ^babycrawl^ EDD 09/09/05
HelenLo ^babycrawl^ EDD 16/09/05
allison ^babycrawl^ EDD 23/09/05
Catzy ^babycrawl^ EDD 24/09/05
lisalou ^babycrawl^ EDD 27/09/05
Cat2004 ^babycrawl^ EDD 28/09/05
Andrea1974 ^babycrawl^ EDD 01/10/05
LouKIZ ^babycrawl^ EDD 06/10/05
DdorfGirl ^babycrawl^ EDD 06/10/05
vonniej ^babycrawl^ EDD 02/10/05
Joana ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 07/10/05
kiwikaz ^babycrawl^ EDD 07/10/05
zoep ^babycrawl^ EDD 08/10/05
Auggie ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 09/10/05
helen72 ^babycrawl^ EDD 10/10/05
marly ^babycrawl^ EDD 12/10/05
Bex 75 ^babycrawl^ EDD 13/10/05
Jasper ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD14/10/05
lulu434 ^babycrawl^ EDD 14/10/05
Brian ^babycrawl^ EDD 14/10/2005
flamenca ^babycrawl^ EDD 18/10/05
(Baby)Young ^babycrawl^ EDD 18/10/05
pollttc ^babycrawl^ EDD 19/10/05
sal1136 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 19/10/05
lis35 ^babycrawl^ EDD 24/10/05
CPT ^babycrawl^ EDD 25/10/05
Kate-J ^babycrawl^ EDD 27/10/05
dinoswife ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 28/10/05
ceedubya ^babycrawl^ EDD 29/10/05
tracyej ^babycrawl^ EDD 04/11/05

Please welcome

tink ^babycrawl^ EDD 05/11/05
Purpleal ^babycrawl^ EDD 05/11/05

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello Everyone!!

Just a quick one to say hello!! And I hope you are all OK.

Lucy and I got home yesterday afternoon - very tired, but very, very happy. She is absolute dream come true and we can't believe how much we love her ^DizzyLove^

The birth was amazing - water birth with A LOT of gas and air - but I will post a proper birth story soon.

Any news on Kel or Caroline??

Will promise to catch up properly when I have a minute, and I'll post some piccies too.

Lots of love,
Hannah & Lucy xxxxxxxxxxxx
^rainbow^

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just gate-crashing your thread to say hello to all the December Snowflakes.  Not long now until the first snowflake babies are born.  Hope everything is going smoothly for you all in the run up to the big day.  Keep us posted over on the snowie thread!

Lots of love and ^snowflake^

Olwen xxx

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.