Luciana ^babycrawl^ EDD 18/11/05
Actiongirl ^babycrawl^ EDD 19/11/05

Please welcome

joanna Louise ^babycrawl^ EDD 21/11/05

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Hello hello  :)

My Mum has left the building!  ;D Feels perfectly lovely to have the house just for Maygan & Me  ::) 

Keri - you don't want your waters to break before labour starts!  :eek:  Mine did, and it wasn't till after I had the c-section that the m/w told me it's usually a sign that something is not right  ???

Helen - thinking of you!  I bet you're counting down the hours now!!

My m/w is a bit odd now that I think of it ^evil^ she seemed quite unconcerned about it all, but maybe that's because she didn't see me in the midst of the tears ^idiot^ nevermind, I feel good now!!

Hi to everyone else!!!!

~Natt~ 

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Hello ladies

just a quick update from me.....I had a show at about 4 this morning and have been contracting since....just waiting for them to get a bit more regular and then off to hospital it will be, so hopefully by the end of today i will hae my baby in my arms!!

Good luck to everyone else and will speak soon

Sarah
xx

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Sarah - how very exciting - you take care now. Look forward to hearing your news very soon! ^reiki^

Well - last day of freedom for me today - what am I doing - hoovering and cleaning bathroom and yet it still seems more appealing than the thought of school! Still - way my mobility is, won't be there for long!

Hey - did anyone watch 'The Sperminator' on channel four last night - scary or what? One woman had been told she was pg 13 times with scans etc. I guess this was in the 80s and early 90s - thank heavens for the internet - we'd all be searching for info on resorption at 15 wks etc.

Hi Natt - good to hear you sounding chirpy still - hope you enjoy having the place to yourself and Maygan.

Hi to everyone else - no personals cos they're all on the other thread and bouncing between the two is beyond me! Still sending the  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for labour to all you imminent and post-imminent people!

Take care all

Poll
^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Morning All,

don't know if I should tempt fate or not, but I think things are moving, starting having pains at 5am, they are not yet regular but are quite painful and lasting longer than I thought they would  :-\.  Have a pre arranged hospital appt this afternoon so will got to that just to get examined, going to take my bags just in case and sort out care for the dogs. 

Sarah,  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ hope everything goes well

Off for a warm bath

Love Mish xx

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Good luck Sarah & Mish!!

Hope all goes well! Can't wait to see the new babies!

Siobhan x

·
Registered
151 Posts
  GOOD LUCK MISH & SARAH

LOTS LABOUR VIBES COMING YOUR WAY !!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

xxflamencaxx  ^evil^ ^babycrawl^

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Afternoon girls,

Woah it's all happening on here!  ;D

Good luck Sarah, hope you don't have to wait too long  ^reiki^

Mish, hope your appointment goes well, sounds like we'll be hearing good news from you soon. Good luck  ^reiki^

Hello to everyone else, Natt it must be nice to relax just you and Maygan  :)

Not much news here, sweep didn't go too well. Bubs head kept bobbing around so the midwife couldn't get the bag away from the cervix (which needs a bit more ripening apparently). She doesn't foresee any problems for tomorrow though and hopes that one lot of gel should do it  ^scared^

Will pop on before i head off to the hospital tomorrow (hopefully there might be some news from Mish or Sarah by then  ;D )

Take care all

Love Helen x

ps Poll, hope you have a good day back at school tomorrow.....oh to be 5 again, Victoria can't wait and is like she's on a spring today  ::)

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Hi All!

Helen, Hope induction goes well tomorrow! Bet you can't wait to see your little boy!

Poll, I watched that programme last night, that Dr was nuts!  ^idiot^ I can't believe he got away with it so long, just goes to show I'm not the only one who doesn't know what they are looking at when they see a scan pic!  ;D
Hope your 1st day back at school isn't too tiring for you.

Natt, You sound so much happier now! now mum has gone it should be easier for you & Maygan to get into your own routine.

Well I had some crap news today. The buyer of our flat has pulled out! changed her mind apparently!  ^bigbad^ even had the sale contract ready to sign, we were just waiting to hear from the people we're buying from.
Don't really know what's going to happen now! Flat is back on the market from monday, have to give it a good spring clean,I've been waiting for nesting to kick in but it hasn't !  ;D so I'm not looking forward to it!
I'm trying not to let it stress me but it's hard, and I'm hot & bothered! (moan, moan, moan!  ;D)

Hope everyone is well! Wonder how Mish & Sarah are getting on! How exciting!

Siobhan x

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow! Good luck Mish and Sarah!! Hope your little ones are well on the way!!!  ^reiki^

Good luck tomorrow with your induction Helen!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Just checking in after not being around for a while.... have had non-stop visitors it seems....

On Saturday woke up to very very swollen fingers and face. So duly rang midwife and was admitted to hospital for tests - bp was fine but lots of protein in urine - gulp!  :eek:

Anyway, baby was fine and I felt fine so they let me home at 7pm. Protein levels in wee has been falling until today when they have told me it is back to normal levels. Have started to worry alot now, after feeling really well all through the pregnancy, what with this and raised glucose levels am feeling far from invincible any more - anyone else feeling the same??

Sorry no time for personals... there's a big thunder storm going on here and broadband keeps crashing!

K xxx

·
Registered
838 Posts
Wow mish.... wow sarah... oooh its exciting now! Keri.... you have also gone quiet... could we be hearing of even more bubba news :) :) :)

helen - Good luck for tomorrow hun.... bless your lilun :)

No more news from me... keep getting shooting sharp pains down low, but nothing regular. Am sitting here eating fresh pineapple til the cows come home :)

Take care all

Dawn x x x

·
Registered
83 Posts
Afternoon Girls

Well I'm new to the third tri, can't believe I finally made it!  :) ^clapping^ ^banana^

It's so strange reading posts about labour! Good luck Mish, Helen and Sarah, how exciting! look forward to hearing your news. ^fairydust^ ^goodluck^

Poll - I have been in school all week getting organised, I am a bit worried about the leaning over and small chairs I teach 4 year olds, so thought I might get a gym ball for school to support my painful back, so I can roll around the room! Good luck with your start of term.

Have a good evening.

Jo x

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for what seems like ages but I have been staying caught up with everything.

Best of luck to Sarah, Mish, Dawn, Helen and Keri - no doubt there'll be some news on here very soon!! Can't wait to hear! It's so exciting!

Welcome everyone from the 2nd tri!!

Vonnie - Sorry to hear about your flat falling through. Hope you get it sorted. Don't worry about moaning about being hot and bothered. It has been crazy hot today. Not nice!

Natt - I'm so glad you're feeling better. You had a bit of a traumatic time with it all and you're bound to feel vulnerable and not yourself! Hope you stay positive. Maygan is beautiful by the way!

Kate - I know exactly how you feel. I've just had my 36wk check up today and there was protein in my urine too and I felt gutted!! It was the same when I got put on iron tablets a while ago - I'd been taking really good preg vits and eating (fairly) well and thought that everything was going smoothly to then be told it isn't. Anyway, i had to produce another urine sample at the Dr's and it's been sent off for testing as she thinks its a urine infection :( so God knows what that means - probably a course of horrible antibiotics that will give me thrush  :mad: hmmm, not happy about it! Glad your protein is coming down though - did they tell you what it was that caused it?

Hello to anyone else I've missed. Hope you're all well and looking after yourselves in this heat!

Take care
Love
Catxx ^cat^

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hello all

I'm still here, nowt happening at the mo, other than those lovely shooting pains!

Mish and S4rah~ Hope you are doing the "deed" now and that you both have your bundles in your arms soon, here's lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for you both.

Dawn~ TWINS!!!!!  Crikey chuck!  Just what you want to hear when you are only carrying one little bundle of joy.  Snap about things driving you mad.  Sorry to hear that your DH won't come near you, my DH was a bit like  :eek: :eek: when I told him today it's all systems go for that!!  I think he thinks I'll squash him! 

Han~ Hope your 1st day on your own with Lucy went ok.

Kacey~ Hello and welcome to pg uni!!  It's so exciting here cause we don't move up another tri, we get our dream ending.

Natt~ Not sure then about waters, cause I was under the impression that either them going or contractions starting was normal ??? ??? ???.  Glad you feel good with your mom gone but wait for all those phone calls to start when she gets home.

Poll~ Good luck for start of school tomorrow

Helen~ Good luck with your induction tomorrow, will be thinking of you (along with Mish and S4rah, oooooo 3 babies in one day possibly!!!)

Vonnie~ Sorry to hear about your buyer for your flat pulling out, it shouldn't be allowed  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^.

kate J~ Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit bleh, hope you are feeling better soon

Joanna Louise~ Hello and welcome to 3rd tri, it's exciting here!!

Well today's m/w appt went well, wasn't the shocking one from last week!  Baby is now 3/5 engaged, so has moved from 4/5 last week (so that's what all those shooting pains were for!!!)  Bp is fine along with wee etc.  She said it can be full steam ahead for trying to get the little one out, so here comes  ^hump^ tonight!!!!  Poor DH's face when I told him that she'd said it was ok (he's been saying all week, "it can't be good to do it JUST yet" so now he's got nowhere to run and hide!!!! ;D ;D.  So we'll see what happens! 

Looking forward to Supernanny tonight.  I taped the "sperminator" last night and will watch it tomorrow with me ironing! 

Exam results are out tomorrow but not sure if that means I will get them tomorrow or friday/saturday (eeeccckkkk!) I'll let you know if it's  :) or  :'( as soon as (unless the results start me off!)

Keep well everyone and  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ vibes to everyone that needs them (including me!)

Keri
xx

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cat - Sorry you've also got protein in your wee.... your lucky you've only had to do one wee test - I had to save all my wee over 24 hours in a big plastic jug and take to the hospital. This involved carting it around with me, including when shopping - how gross??!! ;D Anyway, like you they think it might have been due to a UTI, but as I don't have any symptoms of that they are not putting me on anti biotics. Hope that your test comes back clear and you can avoid the dreaded thrush!!  ^reiki^

Welcome to the Third Tri Jo - its fascinating reading about the births isn't it - makes it all seem real now!

Dawn - keeping eating the pineapple - hope something happens for you soon!

k xx

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi girls

Just a very quick post as only got back from Leeds an hour ago and need to sleep!

Mish, S4rah, Keri, Helen - good luck girls.  Can't wait to see your news!

Poll - re the SPD.  I have had it put into my notes that I have SPD. This means that I will definitely not be expected to lie on a bed to give birth with my legs wide open, but instead they will encourage me to kneel on on fours or stand. Apparently, the pelvis needs to stay together as much as possible!  If it's extremely painful, they will organise a C section at 38 weeks top avoid any problems.  Apparently, the pain should start to disappear within weeks of giving birth, and I so look forward to that day!!  It sounds to me as if you are suffering with the same thing - when I mentioned my symptoms to my GP she diagnosed it straightaway and simply wrote SPD on my physio referral form.  Maybe you should go back to your GP for further advice - but I definitely would not push yourself to return to work - I am finding the pain almost unbearable now and still have 6-7 wks to go!  Hope you manage to sort it out!

back tomorrow for more personals but I just wanted to say thanks for all your support re my grandmother. Still waiting to hear when the funeral is.

Love lou

·
Registered
387 Posts
Lou / Poll

Hope you don't mind me writing a quick personal on here, but the other girls might be able to help also ........it's regarding SPD...........I really think I have it as for the past 2 weeks or so I have been getting the most agonising pain (almost like a ripping/burning feeling) - always in the same place which is very low down in the pubic area, almost where my leg joins my body (in that crease).

I have phoned Midwife 3 times now to be told each time it's just my ligaments stretching.  I went down last Thursday as it was so painful and was told the same - and had my 28 week check up today to be told the same - all very normal.

If getting stuck on the stairs at work because the pain became so bad, and having to sit down and come back down on my bottom (while crying) is normal, then I'm quite worried!!

I don't have it all the time - it comes and goes.  Does it sound like SPD to you?  And what would you suggest I do - visit my GP as the Midwife just tells me it's stretching pains every time I phone.

I'm not one to moan, and I have a high pain threshold, so I really wouldn't be making a fuss if it was just a niggly stretching pain.  :'(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - and sorry to make my first proper post a ME post!

Kim
xx

·
Registered
358 Posts
Helen ... all the very best of luck for your induction today  :)

Kacey ... I can't offer any advice, but I'm sorry you are in so much pain.  I think you should go to your docs ... thats what they are there for.

Karen x

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Hi all

Had a teary, but productive day today  ^idiot^ Despite tears streaming down my face because I was feeling lonely, I still managed to get in some firewood, do some washing and hang it to dry then take it in again, and of course, feed Maygan and bath her.

ARGH stoopid hormones!!

~Natt~

Mish & S4rah - hope to hear some good news soon!

Helen - thinking of you!!

1 - 20 of 187 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.