jubjub ^babycrawl^ EDD 01/12/05
lilypie ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 02/12/05
longbaygirl ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 02/12/05

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Keri

Thanks for the news on Dawn. Hope she has her little bundle right now.

Good luck for you and hoping this is the start of your labour too.

Megan  have you got your bubs yet? or are you still bouncing?

Love kImx  x x

·
Registered
408 Posts
Arrggggg Kim i just did a massive post and just as i sent it you locked the thread  ^bigbad^ think i may have to pinch a  ^Bubble Gum^ for that  ;D  ;D.

So here goes again

Dawn - Yippee wonder if you got your little one yet?

Megan & Kerrie - Sending  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^, hope you both have your little one soon

Poll - Pleased you enjoyed your birthday, don't think i will take DH to classes with me if midwife is going to fill his head with nonsense that i will prepare meals and iron prior to labour  ;D  ;D

CPT - Good news on the GTT results, ouch on big baby what have you been eating  ;D  ;D

Zoe - Another big baby, how did they discover you were going to have a big baby, i am worried about this a my bump is massive.

Annie - Happy bump growing, i agree everyday it looks bigger. About snoring my DH said i do this occasionally and the other night he woke me up as he was holding my nose  ^bigbad^  ;D

BIG hello to anyone i missed but was so much to read and my brain can't take it this early in the morning especially when i have been up since 3am  :mad:.

Any advice on whether it is normal for my bump to ache and be a little sore at times and whether it is normal for baby to slow down in movements as they get bigger as mine is definitely more quieter than a few weeks ago but now when he moves i feel it!!!!!

Anyway off to do some work and pinch a bubble of Kim, or she could always just give me one??

Take Care
Luv Kelsey x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:-[ Sorry Kelsey didnt realise.

Love Kimx  x x

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Morning all  ;D

Well - after all those false starts Dawn's finally on her way! Just hope Keri and Megan are following on - all this labour dancing is playing havoc with my spd!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^dancing spot^ ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^Exercise!2^ ^jumpin^ ^surprise^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^

Wow - some big babies on the way - nearly seven pounds at only 34 wks was it? (was on previous thread so am going from my addled memory!) My DH was 11 pounds so I'm a bit scared! Still, I've got a very compact bump and haven't got any extra weight anywhere else - midwife yesterday measured me at 35 cms on 34+6 so you can't get more spot on than that! I've been worried cos I always seem smaller than others.

At parentcraft the midwife said we should try to 'toughen up' our nipples to save us later - by rubbing with a towel or something - they're really sore and already leaking a bit - can't say I fancy it but maybe it'll help later - anyone else been told this?

Had my second anti-D yesterday - ooh that stings! Could hardly get on and off the couch though - most painful thing for the SPD so far I think! Midwife agrees that it should be flagged up 'large' and that I should discuss birth etc with obstetrician next week - she also agrees that there's little point going back to the physio as I've already got belt and info - and physio said she didn't know anything much about it but I didn't have it. We disagree!

Owing to the placental insufficiency of my Mum, midwife is going to see me once a week now too - though cos of my size and D's movements etc she thinks things are okay.

Finally, I was relieved to discover that not only has Daisy still got her head down but she still has her spine forward - well, it was to one side but not spine to spine as I'd thought - she's obviously just getting more powerful in her kicking. Hopefully she'll stay in that direction!

So - hi to everyone,  ^wave^ ^wave^ ^wave^ ^wave^ ^wave^ I'll post more personal and less me posts once you've all posted!!

Take care

Poll
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

PS Can't go to aqua-natal today - not got enough petrol and everyone panic buying means there's none left. Look well if I was ready to go into labour!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've been more of a reader than a poster on this site, but as of Monday (just gone) I've finished work ^clapping^ soooo happpppy. Never thought the day would come. As i now have a little more time on my hands, hopefully I'II get to know you all a bit more :)

Is'nt it lovely when you read someones going into labour, makes me smile, just thinking that dreams are being realised and soon they will have their little bundles of joy in their arms. Just wonderful.

Kelsey - I've noticed the babys movements have changed somewhat. Where I used to get real hefty kicks, now it feels like more of a wave/roll/ (sorry hard to describe). When i watch my stomach it keeps on going up and down - it's real funny to watch. Can't help with the bump aching part, but sure it's nothing to worry about, but if in doubt ask your midwife.

Crumbs Zoe, a big baby..makes my eyes water just thinking about it. Poll, my friend had a baby recently who also was 11lbs -  that really did make me cringe. I'm sure you'll be fine though.

Poll- Your midwife said we need to toughen up our 'nipples' then - sorry but mine are sore enough at the moment without rubbing a towel over them! Maybe I'll give it a shot a bit later on, but for now it's a no go!

Sending loads of positive vibes to Megan & Kerrie, just think you'll have your little ones with you soon ^reiki^

Anyway, I'm off to see the midwife this afternoon, she wants to discuss my birthing plan..how fun ;) so I've that to look forward to!

Take care everyone, catch up with you all soon

Luv

Chris

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi all

Just posted news on Dawn!!!!!!

Keri
xx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wonderful news about Dawn, can't wait to hear her birth story!

Kelsey, fetal movts have definitely changed, they're stronger, less pokey and mine seem to be at certain times of the day. Yesterday, about 4 hours passed when I felt nothing, even when I poked and prodded so out came the doppler, all well, so yes, definite periods of quiet. Bump not achey as such, but I certainly still get that round ligament pain around the bottom of the bump if I've been walking too long.

Zoe, you know I've heard so many stories where the obstetrician has predicted heavy, small, big babies and the babies have turned out average. I wonder how acurate they can be.

More later, work beckons,

Annie xx
(30+4)

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Morning All!

Great news about Dawn!  ^banana^

Keri, Hope you're not too far behind! We haven't heard from Megan in the last day or so, hope she's also holding her bundle!

Keri, I think it was you that asked me about ovarian drilling. I didn't have it in the end as luckily I fell pg, while still on the waiting list.

Poll, I don't know anything about toughening up my nipples! Sounds painful!  :(
Glad your midwife agrees about the SPD.

Kelsey, I definitely get bump ache, at the top, I think it is just from the weight of baby & certainly nothing to worry about. It aches when I wake in the morning mostly & I think that it's cause baby hasn't moved around much in the night.
My baby also seems tro move around a bit less, but it's still more than 10 movements per day which is what I've been told it should be.
I think it is facing more inwards though, so I don't get actual kicks on the outside, just moving around.

I've been very naughty, and bunked off parenting class!  ^bigbad^
If DH had of got up when I woke him, we probably would of gone, but the longer I waited the less I wanted to go. We did already attend NCT classes, so I've figured the NHS probably won't tell me anything new, and to sit from 10-1 going over stuff I already know!  ^tmi^ Don't want to end up with brain overload!  ;D

I have midwife this afternoon, we'll see if baby has engaged at all.

Can't believe how soon my EDD is! I'm getting to the top of the list! From the ladies that actually post, I'm about 4/5 in line!  :eek:

Hope everyone is well!

Siobhan xx

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
still here still bouncing.  went to nhs appointment today they wanted to book me in for induction on day 10 but i said no, term + 14 will do thanks.  no way do i want to be induced.  anyway, had another sweep and everything looking nice and ripe , have had lots of shows over the last couple of days and a few conx but not much else.  seeing independent midwife today who also does acupuncture  so i'll give that a go.

not happy with dawn, cant believe she beat me to it!

The only thing i've heard (and read) about nipples is that there is absolutely no need to do anything to them to toughen them up and rubbing them with rough things will only do one thing....make them sore!  My friends in Oz have told me about this 'miracle' nipple cream that they said was absolutely brilliant - they call it Lansinoh.  Its safe to use and you dont need to clean it off before baby feeds.  My girlfriend sent me some but not sure if you can buy it here.....anyway its in a purple tube and is lanolin based.  Can be used on nappy rash too.  I've been putting it on my lips b/c they are dry and it is much better than any lip salve i've ever bought.

^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^

·
Registered
672 Posts
Megan, I agree with you on the nipple front, I have no intention of "toughening" mine up as is is really not necessary. When I am assisting women to breastfeed on the labour ward where I work, we teach them that the baby does not actually do much with the nipple, it is the action around the areola that is what makes it all happen. So rubbing them with towels etc is a bit pointless! The nipple cream you mentioned is available in the UK, I have seen it in Mothercare etc. I have heard too that it is the best around, but have not tried it myself yet... Hope you don't have to wait too much longer!

Jo x

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Hi there Guys

Great news about Dawn - finally, she's been on and off for so long!  ^dancing spot^

Glad you people agree about the nipple toughening thing - I'd not heard it before - she was an old fashioned midwife, it has to be said. I've not been able to bring myself to do it anyway - too sore. I've got some of the cream you mentio too Megan - supposed to be brilliant.

Siobahn  - you're right, not long for you now. Have fun at midwife's - hope Bubs is engaging!

Kelsey - I get an achey bump from time to time too - think it's if D's been getting quite kicky! I have noticed, as Annie says, that movements seem to be at particular times of the day - always goes mad at between five and six in the evening but also in middle of night about threeish - hope this isn't necessarily going to reflect her wanting a party in the middle of the night once she's out!

Chris - enjoy maternity leave. I've been signed off work for two weeks sick before I start mine - it's terrible though - I've got really lazy and the time seems to flit by without me having achieved much! I'm going to have to start writing myself a timetable!

Take care all

Poll
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow - lots of new post for today.  I love to read how everyone is getting on.

Zoe - I too have to go for a growth scan. DH keeps saying he would rather have a chunky baby than a skinny little thing - good for him (he doesn't have to give birth to him does he :eek:).  DH was also his mum's lightest at 9lb 5oz.  Well - we will just have to wait and see.  My scan is a week today.

Kelsey - My bump was really aching yesterday.  When I went to see my mum she said I had really sprouted (I only saw her a few days ago).  I think the aching seems to be associated with a growth spurt  - well for me anyway.  The babys movements have also really changed lately - like Tink my little fella seems to roll around more than kick.  I did read that at approx 30 weeks the baby will move less as it has less room.

Siobhan - Like you I love to see my name move up to the list.  I remember being 12 weeks gone and envying people who were 20 weeks.  And now I'm 30 weeks - the time has flown.

Megan - I have been told by my midwife that Lansinoh is the best cream to get.  I'm just hoping I can breastfeed - my mum had real problems breastfeeding.

I have my first parenting class tomorrow, should be interesting (i hope).  I also have a trip to the dentist to attend too.  My teeth seem to be really sensitive at the moment.  Then a corner of one chipped off.  Not looking forward to that, I hate the dentist - have a silly fear about hearing the drilling.  It sends me into panic mode.

Becky

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Girls! Great news about Dawn! Sending labour vibes to Megan and keri - hope you are not too far behind her!!  ^fairydust^

Poll - I agree about the nipple toughening - my midwife said that its an old wives tale that'll do more harm than good... thank god, like you mine are getting really sore again (but no leaking yet!)

Kelsey - I started to get bump ache at about 28/9 weeks - this coincided with a growth spurt when my bump went from big to gigantic. I get a dragging feeling when I've been on my feet for a while along the bottom of the bump, and get rib cage ache under boobs from time to time, usually at the end of the day. Unfortunately my aches coincided with the arrival of stretch marks which have multiplied no end now, regardless of how much expensive cream and oil I rub in!!

Zoe and Becksie - my experience of growth scans are that things can really change over time. At 28 weeks we were told the baby was longer and had a fatter tum than normal i.e. destined to be big at birth (DH was 11lbs at birth). Had another scan at 32 weeks and the baby is now measuring absolutely normal on all scores - even though as I said my bump is gigantic! So things can speed up and slow down growth wise - midwife told me our next scan around 36 weeks will be more definitive.

Well, I passed my glucose test this week so definitely don't have gestational diabetes. What a relief. Seems I am managing things by cutting out sugar from my diet, so no more cake still  :'( !!!

Have been to see the consultant again because of the glucose problem and because we are 'special' i.e. assisted conception. They wanted to know what labour choice we want - have decided to go for a natural birth at full term if possible.... so am now attending Active Birth classes which I cannot recommend highly enough!

Bye for now!

Kate xxx

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Just a quick question - is anyone else getting special treatment like Kate, owing to assisted conception - ICSI, IVF or whatever?

The consultants at my clinic (who are also consultants at the NHS hospital cos no free IVF down here) said 'oh we treat our IVF ladies very carefully, closely monitor etc if they conceive' - have to say, I've had absolutely NO special treatment at all - to the point that it's me that keeps telling people that I'm IVF - it's not even on my notes anywhere at all! I know that IVF pgs are no different once underway but I'd just like some acknowledgement - even if it's only a passing comment about how difficult it's been to get here at all!

Think I might say something at my obs appointment next week - she was recommended by my IVF consultant who'd had her for her own pgs (if that makes sense).

Have a good evening all - DH home soon, hopefully his magic hand on my belly will stop Daisy's hiccoughs - it usually does!

Poll
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
387 Posts
Poll

Just popping in quickly to reply to your post ..........like you, I'm not getting any special treatment, and usually end up telling the Midwife (as I've seen a different one on each visit so far) that I've had IVF and this is a very special pregnancy to us!!

Really, I guess it's good to be treated 'normally' after years of tests and treatment, but I just want them to know what we've been through so they really look after us!!

Kim
x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Megan, firstly good luck but yes you can get lansinoh in the UK, it's fab as are their breast pads, brilliant and I never toughened mine up and I b/f for 6 months!!

Love Sue
xxxxxxx

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi girls!

Hope you're all well.

What brilliant news about Dawn!!! A little boy! They must be so chuffed and relieved!!

Keri - Hang in there - that is if you're still waiting around!!!

Megan - I totally agree with you not to get induced at 10 days and wait til full term + 14 - as much as I would want bubs out by then I'm not convinced they've got my EDD totally right and proper inductions on the drip can apparantly be quite unpleasant! But if there's no other choice then obviously that's what would have to happen.

Glad to see Lanisoh getting good reviews as that's the nipple cream I ordered in from Mothercare.

Kate and Kelsey -  I too get bump ache definitely round the bottom of the bump. It's quite sore sometimes. Stretch marks galore as well - but like Natt said, think of them as badges of honour!!
I probably get a couple more than 10 moves a day but I think bubs is also facing inwards so I tend to feel more squirming now and again then definite kicks. Do feel loads of hiccups though.

Hi to everyone else.

Had my little surprise last night - DH took me to Jamie Olivers restaurant Fifteen. It was a kind of birthday thing (my birthdays october 6th, God knows what state I'll be in then - either with child, in labour or housebound!!!) also our wedding anniversary's on October 11th so ditto!! Anyway, it was totally amazing, I've never eaten in a celeb chef's restaurant before and the food was like nothing else. Bubs was hiccuping all the way through as it must have been a taste sensation for him/her! I blubbed in the taxi on the way there - was feeling very odd and hormonal, sad then happy that our lives are changing, happy then anxious that I was being taken out! These hormones!! ^idiot^  ;D

Take care everyone
Love Catxx

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hello all

Well I'm still here.  Great news about Dawn eh, was so excited when she text me this morning to see what she'd had.  She did say that labour didn't go too well so we'll have to wait and see what that means!  At least the little fella is here now and is just fine.

Zoe P~ Bless your dad, what a star at trying to make you feel better about the size of your little one.

kelsey~ My bump tends to ache when I have been walking for a while and baby seems to roll and wriggle more now, more than actual kicks.

Poll~ Not been told anything about hardening nipples, don't like the sound of that! :eek: :eek:

Tink~ Hello and i hope your birth plan meeting went well this afternoon

Vonnie~ I did ask if you had the drilling done, only out of interest really.  I had it done and then started clomid, and when my consultant found out I was actually pg, he wrote to me (bless him) and said that he'd put it down to the actual drilling, not the clomid, but I think it was a bit of both really.  Hope  you didn't mind me asking.  Only 18 days till your due date, they will hopefully fly by chuck.

Megan~ are  you booked in the for an induction next wednesday??

Becksie Boo~ Good luck at the dentist, I hate them too but it didn't seem that bad going when you don't have to pay for the pain!!!

KateJ~ great news about your GTT test.

Well, I'm still here and getting more uncomfortable as the days go on, so am quite looking forward to saturday really and the induction (if nothing happens before then of course), am not sleeping and feel really really big and uncomfy.  Bubs seems fine in there, a bit too fine for my liking!!!!  Had odd feelings of pressure today, more than usual so maybe that's a sign????  My cousin had a little boy yesterday and he was a week overdue so maybe tomorrow our little one will make an appearance, prob not but one can hope!!!

Hello to everyone and hope you are all well and bloomin

Keri
xx

·
Registered
840 Posts
Cat2004~ Isn't your DH a star, bless him, what a lovely surprise.  So glad you had a nice night out, he must of booked that ages ago cause the waiting list for a table is huge!!!!  Glad little one enjoyed it too

Keri
xx

1 - 20 of 253 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.