zoed ^babycrawl^ EDD 22/12/05
ChickenPie ^babycrawl^ EDD 23/12/05
LH1 ^babycrawl^ EDD 24/12/05
Debbie C ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 25/12/05

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hello

My goodness gracious me! Poll, you have certainly shaken everyone up!  Just taken me 45 mins to catch up!!

Inidanna - congrats on finishing work.  In a couple of weeks, you'll wonder how you ever found the time to work at all!

Poll - hope your cold isn't too bad.

Cat, Vonnie, Kiwikaz -  labour vibes to you three  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

New board, so can't remember what everyone else has written....... sorry

Poll, my midwife said I wasn't engaged at all yesterday.  Last night though, I started getting quite a few strong period type pains - some of which took my breath away!

Been for treatments this morning and feel wonderful - no back to reality as I am about to cook the lasagne and chilli.  Spiderman came yesterday and there appears to be lots of dead creepy crawlies everywhere.  We have two westies who simply ignore all other creatures unless it's a cat or rabbit so I had no choice but to call in the insect man!!  Anyway, I'm going on about nothing so I'll come back after the cooking.....

Bye for now

Lou xx

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Trouble with posting on a new thread is that I can't just scan down the other posts to do personal replies - brain is like a jelly so little chance of remembering much!

Lou - exciting getting the 'period type' pains - I've had a few myself - are these braxton hicks? Have fun cooking!

Zoed - whereabouts do you live? SOunds like a rural idyll what with all your animals etc. You must feel a bit reassured that there's a backup plan just in case!!

Indianna - maternity leave is great in some ways - at first I was like you, doing lots of jobs etc. Like Zoe, I get up with DH before seven but last few days have taken to having a small sleep once he's gone - I'm finding I don't get going til mid/late morning now!

Hi to everyone else - sorry for no more personals but as I mentioned, don't know how to shift between the previous thread and this.  ^idiot^

Just got back from a short trip to M+S (had to take some yoghurts back of all things - had indulged in buying  a few bits of food there when I went for nursing bras and the yogs didn't have the lid bits on straight so were open) Anyway - nearly fainted at the checkout - the cashier asked me if  I was okay cos i looked 'funny' Had to sit down and be brought water etc - very scary cos then had to drive home - don't feel too bad now but makes me nervous about going out and about by myself!

Anyway - keep up the good posting (I have to be entertained somehow!)

Poll
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hi All

Just popped on to see how things are.

I finish up next friday now and i cant wait. I also have my consultant next tuesday and my mum is coming with me for support. I want to find out all i can about my low lying placenta - my midwife has said im a number 3 whatever that means :-\

Does anyone know about the low lying placenta - they've said that it may result in a section at 38 weeks

How are you pollttc, you must be getting really excited now.
hope your pains are labour starting soon - lou

Want2be - how did your appointment go?

Angel83

·
Registered
672 Posts
Angel, I posted this to you when you first asked about the low lying placenta, guess you must have missed it back then...

"Hi Angel,

Don't stress too much about the low lying placenta, as there is still time for things to get better. The placenta won't actually move up as such, but as the lower segment of your uterus develops (this only happens after 30 weeks anyway...) the placenta appears to get further away from the cervix. I hope that makes sense! I wish I could reproduce the diagrams drawn for me by one of the midwives I work with, cos it made sense to me after seeing them" 

Having said that, I see the midwife said you were a 3. There are only 3 levels, and I can't remember if that is the best or worst. Why not ring the labour ward and ask them to put you completely straight on this score...

And as for those of you with colds (that's me included!!!) I have never seen anyone come on to my labour ward, in labour, with a cold. Seems the body does not expect you to go through labour when you are not well. My mother was a midwife for 25 years and says the same thing...

Love to all, even though I can't keep up with you all I read this thread every day!

Jo x

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi all

I had a sweep done today ... it was suppose to be "uncomfortable"  .... I found it quite painful ... I'm really worried I'm a big girls blouse.  If I found that hard ... how will I cope with birth?

A very emotional Karen x  :'(

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Hi Karen

I think you're supposed to be emotional and you're supposed to not know how you'll cope and then in labour you may or may not but whatever happens you'll come out the other side, smiling, with baby! (I think that's normal!) Try not to worry - (Ha! I'm worried myself and I'm further off than you!) It'll all be worth it! ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^

^gift^ ^gift^ ^birthday^ ^gift^ ^gift^ to Cat for tomorrow too - maybe you're right and it'll be baby's birthday too!

And finally.....here's a big big labour dance for those of you who are overdue, due or like Lou and I, nearly due....

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^dancing spot^ ^dancing spot^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^Exercise!2^ ^Exercise!2^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ ^tantrum^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^surprise^ ^surprise^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

That should do it - although the labour dance did take it's time for Keri and Dawn!!

Take care all - see ya tomorrow

Poll
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi girls
blimey 3 whole pages and a new thread to catch up on!  :eek:   ^gossip^

Sorry there probably won't be personals for the same reason as Poll - can't remember what everyone's been saying!

Ah Karen,  :'( sorry you're emotional - my friend had a sweep and she said it really hurt too - she complained because the obs who did it was really off hand with her when she winced as he did it.  i can completely see how it could hurt, having tried a bit of perineal massage, everything was soooo tender down there  :eek:  Let's hope it gets things going though.

Well girls I went for my routine antenatal appt with the GP today and I mentioned that I thought my face and neck were puffier than usual and my ankle swelling is now creeping up to my knees - so much so you can press it with your fingers and it makes a dent in my leg :-\ .   So she sent me off for more checks at the 'day assessment' unit in the hospital antenatal ward.  What a scary place, full of very pg women coming in with all sorts of conditions, being stuck on heart monitors and then being found beds to stay in  :eek:   There was even a woman in labour who came in and had to crouch down as she had a contraction  :eek: :eek:  puffing and blowing, she was and I thought OMG not long till that's me!

I was there for 2 and a half hours and had my blood pressure checked and wee tested again.  anyway upshot is they don't think I have pre-eclampsia but had blood tests and have to go back friday for results.   The gynae said she thinks I'm just one of those people who retain alot of water, and 'I don't think we'll induce you today, you can go home' and I thought jeez, I didn't imagine they'd be keeping me in!!!   :eek: :eek:

My friend told me about her friend who had pre-eclampsia and she said it is quite dramatic, you look like a blow-fish quite suddenly apparently.  ^scared^  So I'm not too worried but I'm glad they're keeping an eye on things.   I had been worried that every time I see the midwife or GP they just write 'swollen ankles' in my notes and take no notice but I was starting to feel a need for a bit of reassurance!  ^eyes^

Zoe, you can look up the NCT on the web. You should contact them soon if you want to do their classes, they tend to get quite booked up.  I went to NHS classes for the social whirl (met up with some of the ladies today for coffee) but didn't get much information out of them.  I also went to NCT and again met a nice bunch of ladies and the classes were much more informative.  I think NCT has a bit of a reputation for plugging the breastfeeding and for being very anti-interventionist and anti-epidurals but so long as you know that you get plenty of information to make your own choice with.  And in fact I think they now know they have a reputation so they don't push it as much.  I liked them, I just ignored some of the more scary parts!
I found the NHS classes just as biased about breastfeeding, there were obviously limits to what they could tell you about bottles, and their agenda on pain relief and managed 3rd stages was just as obvious but the opposite to the NCT's!!

I think I'm going to write my birthplan tomorrow after my little experience in the assessment unit, you can't be too prepared!

Labour vibes to the overdueys  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Catch you all tomorrow hopefully.

Claire xx

·
Registered
56 Posts
;D Hello ladies ;D

A new thread - and ditto re catching up...but will try hard!

Karen Sorry to hear it was all painful - but I have heard that it works...keep in touch with us all! ;D

Claire Have had simliar experience to you recently. It makes it all seem more and more real heh. Whenever I go to hospital BP goes down, they don't seem to worry re puffiness etc! Hope results are ok all

Zoe I left it rather late too with NCT and they seem quite busy. We were only offered a whole w/e of classes via NHS as they have been so busy...As DH has been busy with work and away a bit, this w.e is our first one 'free' for a while so we have left it. Midwife is v supportive and given us quite a bit of 1:1

^birthday^CAT!!! Hope you have a super day

Jo - Heh I'm the same - hard to keep up with everyone!! Hope you doing ok

Angel - My friend had low lying placenta but also SPD so had c-section - as others have said - check out with midwife/doc

Poll Yuk - nasty experience in M&S - poor you. You take care Know what you mean about being out and about on own - bit wierd :eek:

Lou Any more pains?...Keep us posted!! My b-hicks have increased today for sure.

EVERYONE ELSE HELLO !! ;D

Update on moi.... ;) Went and had repeat scan yesterday. Mini's tummy had grown a bit - they said they didn't really know how much it would show but at least it had grown and the doppler and liquor measurements were 'perfect'! So no more daily CTG's - back next week (38wks) to see Consultant. He has said because I've had a few blips here and there he doesn't want me to go beyond 39wks.... ^scared^ which means induction in wk begining 17th if nothing has happened before then. Scary yes but good to feel less in limbo.

So I had another reflexology session where she has really started working on all the right areas, saw aromatherapist who had some new info and gave me some oils for massage, we had curry for supper....next stop ^Cuddle^ and ^smlove^!!! We'll see!! Feeling :) ier today for sure.

Well you all have good evening and spk soon

CPT x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

lisalou ^babycrawl^ EDD 27/09/05
Cat2004 ^babycrawl^ EDD 28/09/05
Andrea1974 ^babycrawl^ EDD 01/10/05
LouKIZ ^babycrawl^ EDD 06/10/05
vonniej ^babycrawl^ EDD 02/10/05
kiwikaz ^babycrawl^ EDD 07/10/05
zoep ^babycrawl^ EDD 08/10/05
Auggie ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 09/10/05
helen72 ^babycrawl^ EDD 10/10/05
marly ^babycrawl^ EDD 12/10/05
Bex 75 ^babycrawl^ EDD 13/10/05
Jasper ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD14/10/05
lulu434 ^babycrawl^ EDD 14/10/05
Brian ^babycrawl^ EDD 14/10/2005
flamenca ^babycrawl^ EDD 18/10/05
(Baby)Young ^babycrawl^ EDD 18/10/05
pollttc ^babycrawl^ EDD 19/10/05
lis35 ^babycrawl^ EDD 24/10/05
CPT ^babycrawl^ EDD 25/10/05
Kate-J ^babycrawl^ EDD 27/10/05
dinoswife ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 28/10/05
ceedubya ^babycrawl^ EDD 29/10/05
KathyC ^babycrawl^ EDD 30/10/05
The Lion ^babycrawl^ EDD 01/11/05
Pinny ^babycrawl^ EDD 02/11/05
oneunited ^babycrawl^ EDD 03/11/05
clairelilley15 ^babycrawl^ EDD 03/11/05
tracyej ^babycrawl^ EDD 04/11/05
tink ^babycrawl^ EDD 05/11/05
Purpleal ^babycrawl^ EDD 05/11/05
Lindsay ^babycrawl^ EDD 09/11/05
SK228 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 09/11/05
mariposa ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 10/11/05
Mandellen ^babycrawl^ EDD 10/11/05
meachmont ^babycrawl^ EDD 15/11/05
Rainbow fairy ^babycrawl^ EDD 15/11/05
Tiggybobs ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 17/11/05
Aussie Meg ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 17/11/05
Indianna ^babycrawl^ EDD 18/11/05
Luciana ^babycrawl^ EDD 18/11/05
Actiongirl ^babycrawl^ EDD 19/11/05
joanna Louise ^babycrawl^ EDD 21/11/05
Diana ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 23/11/05
Kacey ^babycrawl^ EDD 23/11/05
Becksie Boo ^babycrawl^ EDD23/11/05
want2be ^babycrawl^ EDD 23/11/05
Badger ^babycrawl^ EDD 24/11/05
Squeak ^babycrawl^ EDD 25/11/05
Clare the minx ^babycrawl^ EDD 26/11/05
angel83 ^babycrawl^ EDD 27/11/05
loubielou ^babycrawl^ EDD28/11/05
vja ^babycrawl^ EDD 29/11/05
Gill ^babycrawl^ EDD 29/11/05
Shupa ^babycrawl^ EDD 30/11/05
Dorey ^babycrawl^ EDD 30/11/05
jubjub ^babycrawl^ EDD 01/12/05
lilypie ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 02/12/05
longbaygirl ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 02/12/05
andy99 ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 05/12/05
Chocolatelover ^babycrawl^ EDD 06/12/05
Muji ^babycrawl^ EDD 08/12/05
jane1973 ^babycrawl^ EDD 10/12/05
Mookie ^babycrawl^ EDD 12/12/05
wisbabe ^babycrawl^ EDD 13/12/05
Louise.G ^babycrawl^ EDD 15/12/05
Bex ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 16/12/05
Lisa-anne ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 17/12/05
amandamc ^babycrawl^ EDD 17/12/05
Julesliz ^babycrawl^ EDD 17/12/05
Ms D ^babycrawl^ EDD 20/12/05
zoed ^babycrawl^ EDD 22/12/05
ChickenPie ^babycrawl^ EDD 23/12/05
LH1 ^babycrawl^ EDD 24/12/05
Debbie C ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ EDD 25/12/05

Please welcome
Cassie Cat ^babycrawl^ EDD 27/12/05
sinead ^babycrawl^ EDD 28/12/05
alimar ^babycrawl^ EDD 28/12/05
jlaw ^babycrawl^ EDD 28/12/05

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hello girls!!!

It's been ages since I posted - I had a worrying few days where my little one went very quiet, so we went off to hospital on Tuesday night so they could do a trace on the baby's movements...........needless to say, the minute I was 'wired up' she didn't stop moving and I think they recorded about 20 movements in my 20 minute trace!!  I felt a bit silly, but luckily had one of those Midwives who was very caring and understanding and said I could go in as many times as I liked if I was worried.  She also knew we'd had 2 cycles of IVF to get this far, and her sister had also had IVF, so think she understood my paranoid state!!!

Karen - I've actually heard a sweep can be painful, so don't be too hard on yourself.  You were probably quite tense too, which would make it more painful.  Let's hope it does the biz eh and things start soon for you.

I still feel like I've got ages to go - just got to the 33 week mark and time is so dragging.  I've got 2 more weeks at work (although going part time finishing at 3 which will be nice) and then I'm done.

Cat - happy birthday for today - I hope you have a lovely day and get thoroughly spoilt!  ^birthday^

Claire - sorry to hear you're suffering with the 'puffs' - the good news is they don't think it's pre-eclampsia, so hopefully that will help you relax a little.  Some women do get really puffy don't they in pregnancy.  I really thought I'd suffer as I have a funny kidney and usually get a puffy ankle, but during pregnancy it hasn't puffed up once!  How strange is that .........I think I look better pregnant than I do normally, as I haven't had a single spot since being pregnant, and I usually get quite spotty around the time of the month.  Bizarre how the body works eh!

CPT - not long now then - how exciting!  I can't imagine getting to the final few weeks - it's still a lifetime away for me, although we still have lots to do and buy so I can keep busy once on mat leave - hopefully that will help the time go more quickly!

Anyway, best get ready for work - what bliss it's going to be not having to go to work in a few weeks - especially in the cold winter months when you have to scrape the car before you can drive anywhere.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Kim
xxx

·
Registered
408 Posts
Morning Everyone

Back to work today  :mad: but not too long left now  :)

Kim - Good to hear from you i was getting worried about you as you been all a bit quiet, so pleased you and bump are okay.

CPT - Glad your feeling  :) and good news on mini you, not long then till you meet your little one  :)

Claire - Sorry to hear you got the puffs, i have occasions but my fingers are definitely on the inflate, midwife said i may need to take wedding ring of soon should of seen DH face  ;D, hope i don't get sent for a scary experience like yourself.

Cat -  ^festival^ ^birthday^ ^festival^ Hope you have a lovely day, maybe you might just get the best present of all - your little one

Karen - I have also heard sweeps are suppose to hurt, so don't be too hard on your self it alright for your consultant pulling faces he's a man  ^bigbad^

Poll - Hope your okay after your M & S experience, i am also getting worried about going out on my own, i am so nervous i think it is because i feel so protective about my bump.

Indianna - Congratulations on finishing work

Lou - How did the big cook off go?

I Had my 33 week check up yesterday and everything fine, she said gave usually advise about hips, swollen fingers etc, my bloods were okay but blood count a little low, and when baby is born they need to take blood sample from cord and me to see if the baby will also have anti m in its blood, don't ask what this is as i don't know but it is an antibody that they found in my blood years ago, they said its nothing to worry about but it is a rare antibody!!! Anyone know anything about it???:-\
Another thing yesterday the midwife didn't measure me but wrote 32 weeks on my notes, can they tell by just feeling around??  :-\
I asked if my baby was going to be big as my bump is and she said they can't really tell until 36 weeks as this is when they start putting on weight. I now have to go every fortnight which sets more  ^milestone^ for me to get too.

Well i am off to do some work now, have a lovely day

Luv Kelsey x

·
Registered
905 Posts
Morning Ladies,

Just a quick one as I am off for my 3 D scan, and have to pick Mum and DH up first!

Cat - Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!

Poll - I live in the Wye Valley in South Glos, it is lovely and peaceful, but hard work in the winter - poor DH will have quite a job even before he gets off to work when we star feeding horses next month!

Hello Kacey - sorry to hear you have had a scare! funny I thought the same thing yesterday! guess I had just been busy and not felt bubs, as soon as I settled for bed whamo!

Claire - I have reflexology, they say it is great for swollen legs/ankles , and lovely to relax for a hour! when I got back from the Far East (26weeks) my legs were hell, but 2 sessions, and they are back to normal, and not a single worry since!

Hello to Flamenca, Vonnie, Karen ( sorry to hear you had a painful sweep - hope all is OK?), Jo, and all the mums2B.

Talk later

Love Zoe XXX

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Morning All!

Busy here yesterday!

^birthday^ Cat!  ^birthday^ Hope you have a wonderful day & get the gift you've always wanted.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Karen, I'm scared to ask for a sweep on friday now!  :-\ I hope it works for you, at least that'll make it worth the pain.
It's funny how some people say things are painful & others say ooh it's no worse than a smear.
It makes me think of when I had the HSG to check my tubes last year & I nearly passed out with pain, whereas some people didn't find it bad at all, I think our bodies react differently.
Remember when you are in labour your body is releasing hormones to make these things possible, this hasn't happened yet which is why it would hurt.
Sending you labour vibes!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ (but no queue jumping!  ;D)

Zoe, Enjoy your scan!

Claire, I always have a dent in my leg from having my ankles crossed while sitting on the pc!  ;D and think I am holding alot of water.
My midwife always writes swollen ankles on my notes but as she always asks if I've had headaches or vision problems & the answer being no, they haven't been worried about pre-eclampsia. My bp has been a bit high but nothing to worry too much about it seems.
I'm hoping to lose 2 stone of water when the baby comes out!  ;D
I haven't worn my wedding ring for the last 20 weeks or so as my hands become sore & swollen when I am on my feet for a while.
My sister had to have hers cut off towards the end of her 1st pregnancy so I decided to take mine off & wear them on a chain.

^hello^ to everyone else!

Still nothing happening with me, 40+4 weeks today  :(
Had a cry yesterday, silly really now I think about it. Of the 10 couples at our NCT class I was due 2nd to last, well the lady due last (15/10) went into labour on my due date & had her baby on monday morning so there is only me left! I felt like I'd been left behind.
All the ladies were meeting up yesterday but I couldn't face it as they all would have their babies except me.
Feel a bit better about it today. I'm really looking forward to my appt tomorrow to at least get an induction date & maybe a sweep. I know baby will come out at some time, but once you go over your dates & people due after you have their babies it feels like it'll never happen!  ^idiot^ ;D

Hope you all have a good day!

^Cuddle^

Siobhan xx

·
Registered
251 Posts
Morning girls

^birthday^ Cat . Hope you have a fab day!  Any signs yet?

Vonnie - Know how you feel about being last in NCT group.  It's the same for me - (although I am not due til 18th) but we are meeting today for lunch and all of them have their babies.  They tell me they are jealous of me and my bump though - and some of them have real bump envy!!  Hope something happens soon for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Zoe - your scan will be fantastic.  I had a 4D done when I was 25 weeks and it was stunning!  So great to be able to put it on and watch it every so often!  Hope you've got plenty of Kleenex as it does bring a few tears!!

Claire - I've got water retention too.  My midwife told me that as soon as Baby B is born, I will probably spend several days on the toilet just getting rid of excess fluid.  We had my engagement ring made to my old finger size about 6 weeks ago, and I am hoping that my fingers will go back to their original size so that I can wear it!!

Kels - know what you mean about the midwife simply writing in your notes without properly measuring. Mine writes - "Louise is well today" without even having asked me how I'm feeling!! Not long left for you at work now!

CPT - good news about the induction.  At least you know you will be meeting your baby that week (if things don't start to get a move on before)!!

Kim - glad bubs and you are both okay!

Poll - hope you're feeling okay after your M&S experience.  I bet they were panicking that your waters might break and they'd have to give you a years supply of shopping or something!!

Well, I'm refusing to stay at home and have a busy day planned again.  Got Hillarys coming this morning to give us a quote for conservatory blinds, then picking up NCT mother with her week old baby to drive 20 miles to NCT lunch, then back for water softener to be serviced, then Thomas Sanderson coming this evening to do another quote.  Will try and nap in between but off now to do some hoovering!

Tested out TENS machine last night and was very scared that DP would turn the dials up to No 5.  I did this to him in our NCT class and he has not forgiven me!  Anyway, he told me he would get his own back during my labour (whatever that means)!  I'll attach it to his remaining testicle if he's not careful ^evil^

Hope everyone else is well!

Have a great day everyone!

Lou xx

·
Registered
62 Posts
^rainbow^ Hi everyone - thank you all so much for my Happy Birthday messages!! DH made me tea and toast in bed this morning - meeting a friend for lunch and then a quiet evening tonight. The most sober and uninteresting birthday I think I've ever had!!!! Doesn't look like bubs wants my birthday for him/herself after all!

Vonnie - I totally know where you're coming from. It's almost embarrassing that I haven't given birth yet, like I feel like a bit of a failure as I'm now 8 days over. I too am actually looking forward to going into hospital for the sweep tomorrow ;D and obviously getting an induction date. Good luck with your sweep - hope it starts something off for you ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Karen - I'm sorry you had a horrible time with your sweep. I've too have heard that the pain ratio ranges for people - some find it excrutiating, others just find it uncomfortable. Same with giving birth I guess. It feels odd wanting these things though doesn't it? - I want a sweep and I want to give birth ^idiot^ :eek: I really hope your sweep has done something for you though!! Fingers crossed ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Kelsey - I haven't heard of that antibody - hope everything's alright - though if it's an antibody doesn't it mean it's a protection against something anyway?? Also re: measurements I was on shared care with my GP for the last few weeks and she didn't measure me but wrote in my notes that I was however many cm's for that week which I thought was a bit lax, and since going back to the hospital drs last week, I was measured and thankfully measured 40cms so I don't know whether they know from just feeling you or whether it really doesn't matter that much if they measure you or not? I suppose if she was worried she would measure you?? I feel better after a thorough going over though that's for sure!!!!

Kim - sorry to hear you went in for some monitoring though glad everything was alright. Your midwife sounded lovely to be so understanding :) I must say baby movements really throw me sometimes as well. Bubs can be really quiet and it when it dawns on me that I haven't felt him/her for a while I panic and have a little lie down and the evenutally feel a little shifting going on in there but nothing that really stands out as loads of kicks and punches. Bubs is quite calm I think!

CPT - Glad everything's ok with your little one!! And you're already getting a date how exciting - Good for you!!!

Claire - glad your puffiness isn't anything worrying but can't have been too nice for you having to go through all that monitoring. Don't fancy watching a women having contractions either!!! God! :eek: One of my friends had pre-eclampsia and was induced at 36 weeks and you do blow up suddenly like a blowfish!! Her head doubled in size! My other friend has had puffiness so bad she could hardly walk towards the end but it was nothing to worry about, just another uncomfortable side effect of all of this!!!

Poll - that didn't sound like too much fun in M&S! Hope everything's alright with you.

That's it from me - hello to Tracey, Jo, Angel, Lou and Zoe  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ labour vibes if nothing's happening yet for you!

No news from me. Will keep you posted though as have a little feeling about something happening at the weekend after the sweep (well I'm bloody hoping so anyway!) Don't hold your breaths!! DH is taking the day off with me, coming to the hospital while I have the sweep and then we'll go home and  ^hump^!!!! For the first time in the whole pregnancy!!! I just remember Dawnie saying that a little bed dancing after a sweep works wonders - or certainly did for her! It'll be wierd though as we haven't since January!!!! The thought has just turned us both off even though it's perfectly safe and natural and actually good for you, I think for us it's just felt like we'd be having a threesome with our kid!!!! YUK! Anyway - needs must tomorrow - this is to try and get bubs out once and for all!

^Bubble Gum^  ^Bubble Gum^ Stay well everyone

Loads of love
Catxx  ^cat^  ^rainbow^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hiya Ladies

Just a quick post from me.

Cat~  ^birthday^ Hope you have a great day (well as much as you can with having a sweep) Have fun with DH    ^hump^. You never know today could be the day!!

Karen~ Sorry you had a bad time. When I see my m/w next week she said I might have a sweep then, I'm really not looking forward to it.  :-\

Big  ^hello^ to Zoe, Poll, Claire, Kim...........and everyone else.
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ labour vibes to all who are close.

Take care of yourselves and  ^baby2^ or ^baby2^ ^baby2^

Bye for now
xxflamencaxx  ^evil^ ^babycrawl^

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Morning all!  ;D

Feeling much better now thanks - I didn't do much yesterday so feeling more withit and energetic (well, in comparison to usual pg not usual!!) I must admit - when the M+S staff asked me how many weeks I'd got left and I said two, they did give me funny looks!!  ;D ;D

Hi Flamenca - hope you're not too bored on the bed rest .

Cat - do have a good birthday even if it is quiet. ENjoy your  ^hump^.
I said to DH this morning that in a week or so we should consider it - never thought he'd be, erm, squeamish, but his face was a picture. He said (sorry about this!) "It could give new meaning to wetting the baby's head!" So - might be bumpy car rides for me (or even Dawn's suggestion - if anyone remembers that! - he was more interested in that option!)

Lou - don't overdo it now! (sound like my Mum!) but enjoy your busy day. I tried my TENS the other night too - have to say I didn't really like the sensation (went up to three - it goes to 15 in total I think) but then not being in labour and needing release of endorphins maybe it's not supposed to.

Kelsey - good to have a positive midwife checkup - I guess they can tell without measuring as long as things are near enough - mine told me a few weeks ago that they only really consider you're bump to be too small or too big if it's 3cms either way. It all depends on how Bubs is lying too.

Siobahn - hope things get moving for you soon. My friend who gave birth a couple of months ago lost nearly 30lbs in the three weeks following birth. It was all water retention apparently - from photos of her near her due date and immediately following birth she had really ballooned but now is back more to normal. (She lives in Canada which is why I only saw photos!)

Zoe - it sounds lovely - I like that area of the country too. I live dahn Souf - nr Southampton and we're disappearing under a mass of new building here - I live near the coast and it was near more fields etc but now it's all housing!!!

Kim - nice to hear from you. I felt like time was still dragging at 33 wks (at the same time as hardly believing I'd made it that far!) but it's rushing by now - though if I go overdue I suspect time stands still (eh Cat, Vonnie?)

So - back to reading book now - I deserve it after all the cleaning, including windows!!, that I've done this morning. Going to make a cake for the freezer later too - I decided it was all very welll having chili and shepherd's pie and the like but I'd probably want cake too!

See you

Poll
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
hi girls

Poll I'm soooooooooo with you on the cake front!  I had exactly the same thought!  ;D  Fed up with making stews and spag bol and have started looking at cake recipes.  Thing is, I'm not sure it'll get as far as the freezer.... ^pig^

Cat happy birthday and here's hoping it's little'un's birthday soon too  ^birthday^
Feel the same as you about  ^hump^  as we've not done it since we started the last ICSI cycle.  Never felt like it during tx and really haven't wanted to during pg.  DP feels very differently, poor chicken!  He gets cuddles and 'side benefits' though!  But I'm so uncomfortable down there I haven't felt any urge to get any entertainment there - quite apart from the fact that I'm hardly agile and when I turn over in bed it takes the same manoevring as an oil tanker!  DP's usually asleep by the time I get over to his side!!!

Kim glad your hospital scare turned out OK in the end and bubs is alright. ;)

Lou  ^roflmao^ about the TENS on his testicle!  I'll bear that one in mind when DP annoys me in labour - which is an absolute given  ::)

Kelsey my midwife can measure my bump with her fingers - though since I've been bigger she tends to get the tape measure out. She also told me that 3cms either way is fine. 

Cant' remember who now but someone was asking about how engaged they were?  My midwife also explained how they measure that - it's how many fingers they can feel on your tummy above the head - so 4/5 is less engaged than 1/5.

I suddenly realised I didn't know how to time contractions, so thanks whoever it was - Cat?

Well I've put a loaf of bread on to bake so far (bread machine, so not that culinary) and done a bit of washing but am having a lazy day today.  Think I need to start putting my feet up a bit more now - you should too Poll, especially after your m&S episode.    Thing is, I get bored!  But I've decided to cut it down to one thing a day - yesterday I was trying to fit in docs appt, trip over to see my old work mates for lunch, folowed by NHS antenatal coffee afternoon and then cook dinner and do some household stuff - and post on FF!  Crazy woman needs to slow down a bit. 

One of the girls in my NHS antenatal had her waters break in John Lewis but she was so desperate to get home she didn't tell anyone to get her freebie shopping!  We were all joking about hanging around in our favourite shops at 39 weeks hoping something would happen..... ;D

Right, time for lunch!  My third eating opportunity of the day!  ^pig^ ^pig^

By the way I've added my latest bump pics to my gallery.  I'm bang-on 36 cms for 36 weeks.  Shocked everyone at work yesterday as they hadn't seen me for a while but I think it's pretty normal size.

Labour vibes to Cat Vonnie and Karen
Love to everyone else

Claire x

1 - 20 of 278 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.