Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ladies :)

My DH and I are keen to find out more about 4D scans, we live in the midlands and wanted to know if anyone has any ideas?  Also anyone know how much a scan like this would cost?

Love

Kitty4

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Try looking on www.babybond.com

There are 4 accross the country, maybe one might not be too far from you.

Siobhan x

/links

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hi,

I'm with Elaine - we went to MUMS in Birmingham and they were brilliant as well as being cheaper than a lot of others!

Chux

·
Registered
838 Posts
I know there is one in Ashford, Middlesex which is only 5 mins up the road from me :)

How many weeks do they recommend you should be until you go for this scan to get the full benefit?

We dont want to know the sex, but want the scan, but can we ask for them not to show the rudies bit up?

Thanks

Dawn

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hi,

You can get the scans up until 30 weeks I think but the best time is 27/28 weeks. If you don't want to know the sex make sure you tell them before they start the scan and they will stay away from that area. The midwife who scanned us said they can't guarantee it as sometimes the baby moves quicker than she does, but we never had a problem.

I know it's a lot of money but it was definately worth it. Even dh who wasn't convinced beforehand said it helped make it that bit more real for him.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Kitty

go to MUMS in Knowle - give me a call if you want to have a look at our DVD and piccies

Clare

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ladies for all your suggestions, will look in to it!  I agree about making it more real, we already have been told that they think we are having a little boy (we asked to find out!) so not worried about seeing his bits by accident!

Love

Kitty4

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
^reiki^ ^reiki^
Hi ladies
I would like to know more about these 4 d scans, ie what they are , and how they benefit us. Can they diagnose congenital defects?

Thanks,

roze

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi all,
I wonder if anyone can help . .? We've set our heart on a 4d scan but looking at the Knowle, Birmingham website they don't scan twins and this is our nearest place. WE don't mind travelling so i just wondered if anyone has had a twin 4d scan and where ?
thanks Becky xxx

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hello Becky,

I went to Babyview (www.babyview.co.uk) in Barnsley South Yorkshire. They get you to book two consecutive appts but only charge for one as it takes longer to get both babies. It cost £225 and they were excellent. You can book online too. We got a DVD with about 20 mins 4d footage and a cd-rom with 40 still images plus 6 printed pictures.

Hannah

·
Registered
124 Posts
hi!!!

just a quick note to say that alot of my freinds and family have tried babybond.com 4d scans, they have studios across the country and are supposed to be excellento!!!

check out thier website which is www.babybond.com and also look at the picture gallery to get an idea and the pics are great fun too look at!!!!!

all the best and lots of wishes

babysmile

·
Registered
34 Posts
just to let anyone know who is thinking about having a 4 d baby scan in Essex/Suffolk region, I have just found a place in Ipswich which is amazing value for money. Its called 'a 4d baby' and the website is www.a4dbaby.com/about.htm

has anyone used them?

my fertility clinic had started to do them at colchester but they are on long term sick, so i was just hunting around and came across a 4d baby.

Its half the price and is family run! I'm booked up at the beginning of December, and CANT WAIT!

kathryn
x

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Thanks for posting that Kathryn :)  What a massive saving it is !!!!!!!!!!  I was unsure whether to have one due to cost but I will definately be booking one now.  Do you know how many weeks you need to be - we are moving down south at some point and would like to book one before we go :)

Thanks again
Jennifer xx xx

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi there jennifer,
yes the price is great as the lady who set it up couldnt afford one when she was pregnant herself...how lovely is that!

you need to be between 24 weeks and 32 weeks. i have heard somewhere in the middle is supposed to be good, but i just cant wait!

congratulations on your pregnancy!

kathryn
x

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Fantastic !  I will book one for 24 weeks coz I can't wait either ;D

Congratulations on your long awaited pregnancy too ;D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hatty

My friend has booked there for Friday so I'll definately let you know how she gets on. They sound really nice there because when my friend said she had her placenta at the front the lady advised that the pictures might not be too clear. So she told her to come in the week when it was quieter and if they couldn't really see anything she would not charge her. Can't say fairer than that!

I'm going to go in Jan/Feb myself.

Jules
xxx

·
Registered
34 Posts
thanks jules! I look forward to hearing about your friends scan - they do sound very nice on the phone.

hattymoo
x

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Hatty

Friend went for her scan today. I haven't seen the piccies yet but she says it was good. She says it is quite hard to see and they scan you in regular format before switching it over to the 4d version. Her babies hands were in front of the face so she had to go for a walk to try and move it and that worked OK. The pictures they give you are B & W and you have to pay £5 each for the coloured ones. However if you have the CD rom they are all on there and they give you pictures free with that. CD Rom costs another £35. So altogether she paid £135 for scan + Cd-Rom + DVD and got coloured piccies too.

Let us know how you get on!

Jules
xxx

·
Registered
34 Posts
thanks jules for your messages! We had the scan yesterday, and I would HIGHLY reccommend this company to everyone!!!!

its a wonderful little premises with alison, who set it up, her mum who answers the phone etc, and the stenographer. We felt so relaxed and comfortable and they were all so lovely. Amazing value for money too!! prices are going up but only by £10.....its amazingly cheap, but alison wanted to be able to offer this to mums and dads to be who couldn't afford it elsewhere.

anyway, from day 1 we have called our baby Freddy, and referred to him as a he.........and there HE was!!!!
Dint get me wrong i would have been over the moon with a boy or girl, but for some reason, our instincts were right!! We are having a son, and I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i realise that not everyone wants to know the sex, and if it hadn't have been pointed out, we would have been none the wiser!

PS, we were also allowed to have 'grandma' and 'Nana' in with us too.

everyone must experience a 4 d scan!!!!!

kathryn
x

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Hatty

So glad you enjoyed it. Little Freddy looks fab! Your picture is a really good one. I am defo going mid to end of February.

If you don't want to know the sex is it easy for them to avoid showing you? I don't want to see by mistake!

Good luck with everything.

Julesxx

1 - 20 of 148 Posts