Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:'( :'( :'( i am very upset

i have failed my 4th course of clomid, and am scraping the depths of despair ^furios^ ^furios^ ^furios^

i have one more course which i am taking and then i have to go back to my Dr and discuss my options.

this, i have to say scares the living daylights out of me ^help^ as i worry about absolutely everything, from costs to success.

is anyone else in the same boat, i need help cause i feel like i am sinking fast.

each month it feels as if my AF is  ^NahNah^ at me, i am only 4 days into my new cycle and don't think i can carry on doing i :'( :'(

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Dear Kelly
I had four cycles of Clomid about four years ago with no success.  I was really worried about the prospect of IVF then too, and put off doing anything for quite a while.  However,  four years down the line my advice would be (1) remember that IVF isn't the only option  - IUI might also be worth looking at - I decided to go straight to IVF eventually because of my age and because the chances of success seemed higher for IVF .  (2) IVF is not as bad as you might think.  I found that the treatment process (injections, EC and all) was nothing like as bad as I had imagined. It was, on the other hand, very much an emotional rollercoaster - but so is waiting every month to see if you have a BFP even without treatment. In terms of expense, you may get NHS funding but if you don't (and I didn't because of my age), there are ways of getting the money together and you could also perhaps look at eggsharing which would bring the cost down. 

I know that it is a horrible situation not to be able to get a BFP naturally and to have to consider further treatment but please don't be upset or discouraged because I am sure that you will find ways of coping with the treatment (and the finances, if necessary).  Fingers crossed that this cycle of Clomid works but if not, don't give up hope.  Look at the treatments available as opportunities which will hopefully bring you the BFP you want!  Ellie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.