Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

Hope you dont mind me bugging you. I have just been looking through my maternity notes and see that I am 5/5 engaged. Does this mean that I am fully engaged or is 1/5 fully engaged?

Thanks for the advice :-*

BB xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I think that's fully engaged!

With ds I was 3/5 engaged 6 weeks before and the monkey managed to disengage himself 2 weks later!

Annette

·
Registered
876 Posts
i think 5/5 is fully engaged

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
I think it depends on your midwife - i was told that the number relates to how much ofthe babies head they can feel - so 5/5 would be not engaged, and 1/5 would be fully as they could only feel 1/5 of the head.

However, i know other ladies whose midwives have done it the other way round, so you would need to check with her. (or if it feels like you are sitting on a watermelon, i would say it's fully engaged!! ;) ;D )

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
for me 1/5 is fully engaged and 5/5 is not engaged.  I was told as sally suggests that the first number is the amount of head they can feel out of the pelvis.  If you cant shut your legs and feel very weighty and uncomfortable you are def engaged!  I have been fully engaged since 37 weeks still no baby!  am 40wks today.  ring and get clarification if you are unsure.

strawbs xx

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
I was 1/5 (fully engaged) from about 34 weeks (yep she was and is a monkey) Had to walk like I had a broom handle up my botty ::)  BUT another midwife (in the same practice) said I was 5/5 engaged so it depends on the midwife ::)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts