Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that everyone feels like this but I'm so scared i just need to get it out. We got our longed for BFP on 23 April after 5 attempts at DIUI, it was our second-to-last go and we had given up hope. When we got the BFP I was stunned and so happy. Since then I have been queasy everyday, my (.)(.) are swollen and sore, I've been completely worn out and sleeping loads. I've also had some mild cramping but after reading other threads I'm not really worried about that.

But I am absolutely terrified that the scan will show that there's something wrong. I've driven myself mad looking at internet sites and reading about all the terribly sad things that can happen in pregnancy. It's all I can think about. Please can anyone tell me if they did anything that helped ease their worry? I know I should be happy but I'm too frightened. I'm usually so level headed.

Kitty xx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Kitty

Congrats on your ^BFP^  :)  I know what you mean about it being such a worrying time, you are so pleased to get this far but also so scared that something might go wrong.  I was exactly the same and I think its only natural until you have had your scan and that puts your mind at rest.

All I would say is try to relax and enjoy it your symptons sound really good  :)

I would also say try not to read too much on the internet as you normally find that they only post the bad stories and that makes you worry even more.

Lots of luck with your scan, let us know how you get on.

x x x x

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much Scooby,
That's a good point about the internet tending to have mostly the bad stuff. I guess when you're in the early PG stages and haven't told anyone it's easy to go a bit  ^idiot^
xxxxx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Oh I totally agree ~ I would say avoid using Google like the plague as you will end up making yourself mad  ^idiot^  ^idiot^

x x x

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi Kitty,

I wrote virtually the exact same post when I was 5 weeks 2 days. I got myself in a real state and ended up taking myself off to the GP and sobbing in there for half an hour. I had no symptoms at all and was totally terrified.

Everyone on here said the same thing - everyone is different! All your symptoms point to everything being ok and you just need to try (I know, easier said than done!) and focus on the positives! You have strong sounding symptoms, no bleeding and milkd cramping is usually a sign of things stretching.

I felt much happier for a while after my 7 week scan but still got a bit worked up before the 12 week one - as you can see below, all was fine and I am finally relaxing. My only regret is that I have not enjoyed the first tri as I should have done.

Take care and we are all here if you need us!

Karen x

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Hi there

Nothing I can say will stop you worrying, after three losses I was a total worrier myself.  I managed to get through with extra scans, but still didn't really believe it until I was past 24 weeks, then my waters broke at 30 weeks so I didn't have time to enjoy being pregnant really.

There are lots and lots of sad stories out there, with something like 25% of all pregnancies ending before 12 weeks (hence that is the date for a first scan on the NHS, saves scanning the ones that will not continue).  I know you probably already know these numbers from all your reading.

BUT, please try and look on the other side of that and what it means, there are 75% of pregnancies that survive past that point, and once you have seen a heartbeat that risk of loss drops to something like 5%.

Not too long to go until your scan now.  HOWEVER, I had a scan at 6 weeks and was told it was an 'empty' sac.  I went home convinced I had another loss to wait for, went back for another scan at 7 weeks and there was the heartbeat that turned into Marcus.

Please try and understand that you might not see a heartbeat on the 9th, but hopefully you will see a sac in the right place and at the right size.

^hugme^

Jane
xxx

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

Worrying is totally understandable and I've worried all the way through.  I started to look up stuff on the internet but it made me worse!  I know it's hard to do but all you can do it wait and see whats going on (not long to wait now!), and theres no reason to think anything other than it's all ok.  Let us know how you get on,

Tracy xxx

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone for your replies which really made me feel so much better. This site and all you lovely ladies are a life saver.

We went for the scan today and was really nervous. After a few seconds looking at the monitor the nurse told us that there was a lovely strong heartbeat in one of the 2 sacs but she couldn't see anything in the second sac. 2 sacs! After what seemed like an age of moving around and her saying, 'Mmm, i don't know, I'm not sure' she suddenly said 'Don't move!'. I looked up and there was the second heartbeat flickering away just like the first. Both babies are the right size with hearts beating away. Can't believe it! It's early days I know but we are completely over the moon.

XXXX

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Ah fantastic news Kitty

:)  :)  :)  :)

xxxx

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi,

Congratulations.

Sharon xx

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Congrats.  Fantastic news,

Tracy xxx

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Wonderful news, almost feel like saying "we told you so", but I won't  ;)

^hugme^

Jane
xx

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
So pleased for you Kitty, that's fantastic news  ;)

Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

xxx

·
Registered
849 Posts
^cloud9^ ^congrats^ ^babycrawl^ ^congrats^ ^cloud9^
best wishes
kate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts