Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ladies, had a scan today and had five follciles ready to go so have egg collection on monday

hoping and praying that they are good eggs

what are the chances of having one good one out of five as i know its not many isnt it

anyone else had five, do many usually die??

xxx ^pray^

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Hello

I only had 4 follicles, got 4 mature eggs, all fertilised too! Stay positive

Lilly x

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
amazing good luck hun keep me posted

how did u feel after egg collection? could you do much the day after?xx

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
That was cycle last year, I got 4 good embryos had a double transfer but bled before test day

I was fine after EC I was up dressed and packed within 2 mins of getting wheeled out and got home and went for a 2 hour walk

I'm in the middle of a cycle now but with donor eggs, my fsh tripled after my first cycle so the clinic wouldn't let us go again

X

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh sorry getting confused lol

ur so young arent u to go through POF so unfair, im a year younger than u, tough isnt it :'(

congrats though on ur bfp how exciting

how do they match a donor with u? is there lots of things they tell u about the donor person?x

·
Registered
720 Posts
Mrshol
In my second and third cycles I had 3 follicles, got 3 eggs and 3 fertilised. Sadly I've always bled before OTD, although fingers crossed this is our time. So with 5 follies you stand a good chance.  I'm always really sleepy after EC and usually have to wait an hour or two before leaving. You're then advised to take it easy for the rest of the day - I've always just slept. You might feel a bit uncomfortable the next day but I found a hot water bottle helped.
Good luck.
Sara. xx

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank u sarapd, wishing u all the luck with this cycle

fingers crossed for us both hey x ^pray^

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi there

Just giving you a bit of hope.

I only had 3 eggs and only the 1 fetilised and he's now a strapping 2 year old boy

It really is quality over quantity - wishing you all the look in the world xx

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
louise2930 thank u for ur msg that give us hope

well it all went well today, they said they got 5 eggs from my five follicles and all are going to try for fertilisation

does anyone know sometimes that they dont try to fertilise all of them ?

so have to wait until weds now to see how there getting on  ^pray^

feeling ok at moment just a few twinges in my left ovary where eggs were collected. hoping ill be ok xx

·
Registered
956 Posts
Mrshol

Congrats on making it to a blasto, how are you feeling? x

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks hun i cant believe we made it this far and one to freeze as well yay!

im feelign ok, shattered if im honest. i fainted yesterday morning as well and hit my head so sore today and a little concerned what effect it would have on the embryo

i seem to have lots of cramping hope thats normal xx

how are u?X

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi

I'm OK thanks. Planning IVF3 for Aug/Sept. That's amazing you have a frostie, how many embryos did you get? Take care fainting, although that may be a good sign. When's your test day? x

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
only 5!! they all fertilised, one didnt get past day 3 and two got to day 4 but not blasto stage

then we had one 5AA put back in and one 4aa frozen! cant believe it

i know ive heard that however i only had egg transfer sat at 12pm then fainted at 7am sunday morning so probably to soon to mean anything good isnt it xxxgood luck with ur next cycle

are u doing anything different this time?

do they know why ur other cycles didnt work? x

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Mrshol

It's probably due to our age, I'm ten years older than you which means 60 percent of embryos do not turn into viable pregnancies. Sad but true. We are gonna used IMSI next time, it better than ICSI for choosing the best sperm as we have morphology issues. Fun and games. It's so expensive!

Good luck :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats a shame however u got a 4ab blast thats really good isnt it?

hope this cycle works out for u hun, god cant imagine what ur going through going through it for a third time xxx ^hugme^

·
Registered
956 Posts
I know. The blast was great, they said it was beautiful. But alas, it wasn't to be. At least I know we are capable of getting a great blast. Third time lucky :)

Best of luck for your test date x

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thank u pumpkin, u too! wish u all the luck with ur next cycle

enjoy ur drug free rest in between xxx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts