Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i'm desperate. My DS2 is five month this week and has never slept through. When he was 2mths he was waking up once at around 4 having a bottle then going back to sleep then at 3 months he started waking at 1 also and wanting a bottle then at 4months he started waking at 11 also :'( :'( :'(  then he he decided that 4.30 was morning.
I contacted my HV who is lovely and she thought he was waking from habit rather then needing 8 bottle a day! We talked about weaning but she felt he was to small and not the recommended 16lbs only 14lbs. She suggested controlled crying which i did for 3 nights without success not even the smallest sign of LO giving in :-\  or of it working which just left me tired. Now that its Chritsmas DP is of so has been helping but LO was doing ok went back to twice a night which we took in turns to do but last night he woke up for a third time and then decided that 5.30 was morning. I'm so exhausted and what makes it worse is that DP is back at work next week so i'll have to get up and do it all without help.  :'( 
Also we introducd baby rice at lunchtime for the last 2 days in a vein hope that it might helped but it doesn't seem to :(  DP has just tild me that LO didn't drink his 4.30 bottle and that he offered it to him at 5.30 but that he didn't take it then either
I don't expect him to sleep through but is it to much to expect that he only wakes once??? Any advise would be appreicated please.  :)

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Mel

you must be soooo tired hun.  Was DS1 a better sleeper?  I know my DD1 was so DD2 came as a shock ...but she is finally sleeping through at 6 months.  She was waking for a bottle so I offered watered down milk and she soon stopped.  I must say I used Lin Elderkin as I was at my wits end with her bad feeding....she was amazing.  If you could afford it I was say give it a go.

PM me hun and If I can help anymore I will.xxx

He could be teething maybe?  Have you tried offering water / Calpol / teething gel?

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sarah-thanks for the pm. Unfortunately we can't afford the baby whisperer  :(  but thanks for the number anyway :)
And no DS1 was a bad sleeper too! He's fine now but he was over a year before he slept through :(  although he use to cry in his sleep but would never actually wake up and it would last for 3 hours from 1-4 :eek:  We were giving him calpol last week has he had a sore throat but it didn't seem to make a difference :-\

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Yes she is expensive but well worth it.  I would try to leave (if you can) to cry for 5 or 10 mins before you go in...then offer water or a water down milk..i did 4oz with 2 scoops then went to 3 oz with 1 scoop that may satisfy him and he may not wake the next night.  I would start weaning him anyway and see if it helps.

Take care...try and get as much help as you can as I know what its like being tired and having a toddler!

xxxxx

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Hi,

I had a bad sleeper and know how desperate it can make you feel. I've not heard about the weight limit on weaning before, only the age of a minimum of 17 weeks. We had to wean at 17 weeks because she had reflux and if I'm honest it made no difference at all to her sleeping, it was a year, like your first, before we consistently got good nights but we did have better spells in between (when she wasn't ill with colds and the like!)

What do you do at bedtime? Does your LO get themselves off to sleep or do you feed to sleep. I always BF to sleep and so she didn't know how to do it on her own until we did controlled crying. When we did CC I used to sit with her until she dropped off but it did take 30mins+ to begin with.

I knew it would ultimately come to that but I didn't do CC until she was 9 months and I had reached the end of my tether and then some. The first tine she cried for 1 hour and 17 mins....it was tough, DH and I sat in her room with her..(I suspect I was rocking backwards and forwards! LOL)

Hope you feel like you aren't alone x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.