Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I don't know if anyone can offer any advice, one of my twins (William) has started waking every hour and will not settle for more than 45 minutes during the day for naps.  I am at my wits end I just don't know what to do.  I have tried feeding him but this does not settle him for long and I am sure he is not hungry anyway as I still do a full feed at 10pm and he never finishes his feed at 7am.  My other twin (Oliver) is sleeping through fine and sleeps about 3 hours during the day as well.  Will has never been a good sleeper but now things have gone from bad to worse.  I originally thought he was waking to have his dummy put back in but now he just cries through his dummy so I think although this may initially of been the problem now he is waking through habit.  Last night he was awake from 12.30am every hour and then at 5am he would not settle at all and continued to grizzle continuously until 6.30am when I gave in and got him up (he had also woken his brother up by then).  He cries all day long, I am guessing because he is so overtired but I cannot get him to sleep long in the day either.....I just don't know what to do.  I am so tired all the time that I feel I am not enjoying this time with my babies at all, please help.

Bethxx

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Beth

I wish i could help my girls are not good sleepers one worst than the other, no help atall but i know how it feels in the long dark nitghts , i hope some one will be able to help

your doing really well im sure have you tried them on baby rice yet i gave my girls it yesterday for the first time and we had a better night for it .

lol nico

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Hi Beth

Huge hugs  ^hugme^

Have you tried William on baby rice yet? He may be needing a bit more than his milk now. I amnot saying that this is why he's waking but from experience Emma only slept through the night when I started feeding her rice  ;)

I hope things improve for you soon.

Rachel x

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hi Beth, You have my total sympathy hun  ^hugme^, I remember quite clearly even now, spending day upon day crying my eyes out because one or other, or both would just cry and cry. 

Our "Bad" time was from 4pm, we used to call it the "suicide hour" although it used to go on until bedtime  ^idiot^ I used Infacol with both mine and it did help as did Gripe water.

I always found I coped better when I took them both out for a walk in the pram, that way they would both sleep and I would feel slightly more human again  :-*  I also coped better when I had someone else there to diffuse the situation as I'm sure my two sensed how stressed I was.

I'm not sure if your feeding your little ones yourself or bottle feeding them, but as one of the other mummies has said, he maybe ready for a bit more, maybe try the hungry baby milk which is a thicker formula and supposed to make them feel fuller for longer  ???  I must admit it didn't work on either of my two, just made them constipated.

Have you spoken to your HV see if she can suggest anything.

I really hope things settle down for you soon, things do get better  :-*

Love to you and your little boys

Becca xxx

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your replies, sorry about the delay in replying, haven't had a chance to get on the computer.  Will has been a little better the last couple of nights, managed to get through to 3am last night before waking....although he then continued to wake on and off until I gave in at 6am and got him up!  I might seriously consider trying a small amount of baby rice, although I'm really not convinced it's hunger, I think I might have to try and wean him off his dummy as well as I think he is waking to have it put back in! I guess I should be grateful that one twin is sleeping so well!  Thanks again for taking time to reply.

Bethxx

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Beth, congratulations on being a twin mummy.
Just a thought but maybe his gums are hurting cos of teeth starting, is he dribbling lots? Sounds a bit like my boy and now he has two teeth. I used Ashton aand Parsons powders and Teetha powders (from Boots- all natural remedies). Hope things improve for you all 
Jane xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts