Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can anyone help.  I am 5 wks pregnant with my first child and very worried as there has been a person close to me in my office just gone down with chicken pox and there also may be others at risk as they have been around her.  I know I have never had them but....

What do I do.....help :'(

Sineadx

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Sinead, Not sure if you will have done this already, but call your doctors surgery/nurse and ask their advice and do it soon sweetie, even if its to set your mind at rest!!

Best of luck sweetie

Debs
xx

·
Registered
930 Posts
Hi
As Debs says please give your doctor a call.  I think they can check whether you are immune and also may be able to give you an injection.  The book I have says that even if you did catch it yourself (which you may not) the chances of it harming bubs are slim, I think it is different to measels etc.
But do give your medical team a call
All the best and congrats and the BFP!
DC

·
Registered
896 Posts
Sinead,

I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. My gp referred me for an urgent blood test the same day at the hospital to test for antibodies (if you have them you and baby are protected against chicken-pox). Luckily, I had the antibodies - 90% of the UK population do.

But, if you don't you can be inoculated (has to be done by IV drip in hospital). But inoculation must be done within 10 days of exposure - hence the rush.

Good luck

Joy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Everyone

Have been to the doc's bloods have been done......have been signed off work until results show what needs to happen next if anything.....better to be away from it for now.

Thanks all for your help

Sineadx

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Sinead,

well done hun, good luck sweetie  ^reiki^

Debs
xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.