Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The clinic rang me late this pm to tell me it was bad news - HCG down to 50 (was 188.5 then 444.4 2 weeks ago).

I would have been 7 weeks on Thursday.

I still feel pregnant - got nausea, swollen (.)(.), headaches.

No bleeding.

What will happen now?  I hung up on the clinic before I could ask any questions - I really didn't see this coming!

I didn't know I could feel this sad - thought I'd felt the worst I could when I could no longer use my own eggs.

Any advice would be great!

Jess xxx

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I am so sorry to hear your news hun. Sending you a huge  ^hugme^. I suffered a missed miscarriage recently. I had 3 weeks of scans b4 they could finally say it was over as baby wasn't growing but bloods were rising. I had a erpc 4 weeks ago today.

we were the same when we were first told, just listened, felt numb and went away without asking anything.  Give your cliic a call tomorrow and they will be able to advise you hun.

Thinking of you. Here if you need a chat  ^hugme^

Love Cleo xxxx

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!  No idea I could feel this [email protected] - guess all the extra hormones don't help & then having to wait for the m/c.

Jess xxx

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hi Jess,

No words will make you feel better but I hope time will help and that you get a BFP very soon  ^reiki^ ^reiki^  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Sam xx

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
So sorry to hear your news.  Take care,

Tracy xxx

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you.

Clinic have advised a scan tomorrow - no bleeding yet.  Dreading it but maybe it will give us more info,

Love Jess xxx

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Thinking of you hun. It will help to see what is going on.

i see you were at ISIS, I'm there as i live in Colchester.

Love Cleo xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
58 Posts
Jess  ^hugme^

I too had something similar on my 1st M/C... 2 weeks of scans before it was all over.. I was taken in the following day.. on my second M/C I was either offered a pill.. or a D&C I opted to go in to hospital as it would be over quicker..

gutted for you matey.. next time it will be for keeps  ^fairydust^  xxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Jess- thinking of you today  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks.

Had scan - nothing was there, no sac, nothing.  Checked for ectopic, not 100% certain but fairly sure it wasn't.

Really bad news is that the lining was way too thin - only 4.5cm - no idea why - this has always been good & was excellent when the embryos were put back.

I know this is a serious problem so got to speak to Penny in Athens to find out if it's worth trying again with this issue.

Had a blood test & it had gone up to 54 point something - still failing & got to go back for a scan in 2 weeks.

They think it may have just been a "blighted ovum" - feel so cheated!

I can't believe IF can get even crueller. ^eyes^

Don't feel up to going back to work, was supposed to go in on Monday but can't face a class of 30 5 and 6 year olds.

Take care,
Love Jess xxx

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Jess  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ can you take next week off?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi Jess
Sending you  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ I agree with Beachgirl - it might be wise to take some time off. You need to look after yourself (physically and emotionally) xxx

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Get signed off hun. This is a time when you need to be truely selfish and if people don't understand then its their tough luck. You need time to heal. its hard enough going through infertility and then the heartache of a miscarriage when you do get pg, life sucks. The kids will be fine, all 38 of mine were. It was me that needed the attention, not them,  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
So sorry xx

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Having a real nightmare - can't even manage to have a m/c successfully! :-\ :'(

Bloods went down to 50, then up to 54 and now, a week later, up to 60.4

I've had heavy bleeding for about 5 days, now stopped.

My UK clinic don't seem to know what to suggest - really fed up. :'(

They're fairly certain it's not an ectopic as it would have still been doubling.

When I rang the EPU for a scan they told me I wouldn't see anything & to contact my fertility clinic - feel really let down.

Got to wait until Tuesday & scan at clinic & further blood tests.

Hope no one else has to go through this - just want it all to be over.

Jess xxx

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Hi hun

I can't help too much but just want to say that when I had my ectopic my levels went up and down and quite offten didn't double when the did go up. 

I know at one point they dropped by 1 and then went up by 500 then dropped by 4 ::)

Please keep an eye out for the symptoms of an ectopic and please go to A&E should you experience any of them.

T xx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts