Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies

I hope you don't mind me popping in but there seems lots of useful advice between you and hopefully you can send some reassurance my way!!
I was just hoping someone could give me some reassurance as i am worry myself sick (sick enough from preg so this isn't helping!! :-[) In short i have been ttc for 3 years, have had 1 m/c and after various operations due to uterine abnormality had just started IVF drug treatment when i found out i was pregnant!! I had an early scan last friday (5 weeks 6 days) and they could clearly see the sac but wasn't 100% that they could see the yolk. They said it is still very early and not to worry, also i have an interted uterus which she said made it harder to see. ANyway i now have another scan booked this friday and i am worried sick that they will not see anything other then the sac!!
Should i be worried this early? I suppose alot could change in a week??

Thanks for any advice you can give as i think i am going  ^idiot^ with worry. I am very Nauseous all the time which i belive is a good sign but still need some convincing that this could turn out ok!!

Thanks

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi Natalie,

So sorry to hear about your worries. I too had a similar problem in my 1st pregnancy. When I had my 1st scan done there was nothing there at all and they thought it was ectopic, a 2nd scan a week later showed a sac & yolk and then a scan a further 2 weeks later finally showed a heart beat.

Like you say, things do change so much so quickly this early on and if you are not even 6 weeks yet there wouldn't be much to see, especially a heart beat. I also think some pregnancies advance quicker than others (something to do with implantation). You've got pg symptoms too which must be a good sign.

Fingers crossed for you hun. I'm not gonna say try not to worry as I know that's impossible. Take care and I hope its all good news.

S xx

·
Registered
905 Posts
HI Natalie,

I had a scan at 7 weeks and they were not sure they could see sac at first! all the signs you are having are good, I am sure you will be fine Sweetie!

Hurraahhh for another natural pg!

Lots of love

Zoe XXX

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Hi,
I had a very early scan as well at about the same time as you, and all they could see was the gestational sac - I don't think it's unusual not to see anymore at this stage - it's very early days.
The scan four days later showed a sac and yolk, and shortly after that we saw the hearbeat.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you hun.
Maria x

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey Natalie

I had my first scan at 6 wks 3 days, we saw two dots like grains of rice, the one above was fluttering which was obviously the heartbeat the one below was the yolk sac.  They could not see the outline of the sac or whatever it is as something was covering it it seemed.

I too am worried although they dont seem to be and said I should go back for another at 8 wks 3 days, as it grows so much in those weeks.

I hope to see an outline of something or I will get very worried then.  I too am feeling nauseus and boobs getting 2 sizes bigger, no sign of AF so should be ok.

Fingers crossed for us all, it is a worrying time whatever stage we are at.  Let us know how it goes hun x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ladies for all your kind words...have just relayed some of it to DH and he seems much calmer!! It is reassuring to here others have had a similar experience. Keep trying to remain positive and just hope friday comes roud quickly!! Still feeling really yuck most of the day which is great!!! :-\ :-\

Good luck to you all and will let you know how friday goes...heres hoping theres more than a black hole!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.