Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a scan booked for 25th october. However from egg collection I would be about 4 weeks on day of my scan, but do they add 2 weeks on making me to be 6 weeks preg on day of the scan?
Could I expect to see a heartbeat, so soon?

Another question, would it be a internal scan with the probe? or  belly scan instead?
I have still been using the pesseries, and I have noticed when I pop them inside my insides have gone different, really tight and tennder with a big lump what I imagine is my uterus swelled, I started to notice towards the end of the 2ww, but tonight there is no mistaking how its changing and each day feels bigger,........Has other people noticed this too?

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi Kelly

First off many congrats on your BFP !!

Effectively yes some clinics do it very slightly differently but 4 weeks from et is about 6 weeks pregnant.  When I had my 6 week scan it was done vaginally in the same way as they scan the ovaries.  You may see a heartbeat at the 6 week scan but it is by no means guarenteed and if you don;t it is by no means the end of it all.  It is pretty much on the edge of the time they can do.  FWIW I scanned at 6 weeks no heartbeat and then again at 7 weeks when they found one.

Clare

PS Non medical answer just from own experience

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi Kelly

From my experience, 2 weeks after ET when you normally test is classed as 4 weeks pregnant, so when you have your scan you are normally 6-7 weeks pregnant.  6 weeks is early, and I often wonder why they scan so early because sometimes the heartbeat cannot be seen (like on my first cycle) but at 7 weeks the heartbeat should be seen, so you know for sure. 

It is usually an internal type scan (sorry too early for me to remember the correct medical name - trans vaginal???)

Wishing you lots of luck and hoping you see that little flashing h/b.

Kim
xx

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Kelly

From what I have been told, they count the number of weeks from your last AF (unless you have been coasted).
So usually ET is 2 weeks (or thereabouts) into your cycle.
Good luck for the scan!

Dissy x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.