Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,

Can't believe I'm posting here. We had our 6 week scan today & it's TWINS!!! Had a small bleed yesterday & worried like hell & hospital said to come in today instead of tomorrow, then while Cons was doing scan I was thinking there's nothing there until he said "2 sac's" & then he said lets find the heartbeats & we did! amazing little things, have 3 pictures as well, one's bigger than the other as the Blastocyst were different sizes.

Please twins Ladies any advice/tips you can give me will be much appreciated, I have a few twinges but the bleeding has stopped.

Next scan 30/8.

It's great!!!

Love Lisa xx

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Congratulations Lisa. It's such an exciting time eh? I bled in the early weeks on and off until week 15. I wonder if it is more common to bleed with twins. Congrats again and enjoy your pregnancy.

Flakey x

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Lisa, and CONGRATULATIONS!! Sorry about the bleeding, but like Flakey says it is very common with twins to have bleeding - and also spotting, which is often brown. Unfortunately it does sometimes continue, often off and on, for roughly the first trimester - but having said that, some people just have one or two episodes and then it calms down. I just wanted to say, try your best not to worry too much about it, because it is so normal and it in most cases it doesn't impact at all on the twins. I also had a bleed at 6 weeks and have had spotting/bleeding off and on since then - I've taken things easy just to be on the safe side but other girls on the twin bumps list have just carried on with pretty normal activities - just depends on how you feel. Anyway, well done on your great news!

Jen

·
Registered
455 Posts
Congratulations Lisa,

I also had some bleeding around 9 weeks, perhaps it is more common in twins?

Noticed you are in Essex, would you like to come to our meet-ups?? The next one is on the 27th August, have a look on the meetup thread (or im me) if you are interested.  We always have a good time.

Take Care

Susan x

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hiya

Congratulations Lisa, you must be sooooo excited. I also bled from 8 weeks until about 10 and worried myself sick but all was fine. As everyone has already said, bleeding is very common in multiple pregnancies.

I hope you have a fantastic pregnancy!!! It's brilliant having twins.

Ali xx

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankyou so much Ladies for your lovely posts & you have put my mind at ease now, re: bleeding. We are so exciting!! Will catch up on the Twin posts now to help me.

Love Lisa xx

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Lisa

Congrats you are so lucky. ;D  Well done.. Have a wonderful pregnancy and birth.

I am getting excited, I dont start my tx till Dec but so nice to hear these stories.

Take Care  ^ladybird^ ^ladybird^

Yoda x 

·
Registered
79 Posts
Lisa.

Congratulations!!!! Once you get your head round it it's just sooo exciting.

I think as every week has passed I have come to realise more and more how blessed we are to have twins, just a pg seemed like a dream come true but to have twins is amazing!! Well done.

Be warned, the tiredness is amazing and hits you like a bus!!

I also had a few bouts of bleeding in the first tri but was reassured by one nurse when she explained that as we have double the level of oestrogen than a singleton pg this can cause erosion in the cervix, and erosion doesn't affect the womb only the cervix so hoepfully that's all it is. I know it can be worrying just the same but take heart, so many twin pgs have bleeding in the first tri but are fine.

Come and join us on the twin bumps thread if you like.

Well done and hoping that all carries on so well for you.

LOL Dizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi Lisa,
Congratulations and well done on the twins! It's fantastic and you're really lucky to be about to join the twin Mums club!
I had a couple of spots here and there and it was 'old blood' coming out from EC/ET etc. (as per my Dr), but it's so common you'll soon be telling someone else not to worry....
Wishing you a healthy pregnancy
Jane
xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.