Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

I have my scan tomorrow and by my calculations I'll be 6 weeks and 2 days.  Should I be able to see the heartbeat?  I am so worried that I wont see it and they'll just say not to worry and redo the scan the following week, so I was wondering whether it is actually likely that I'll be able to see it or not.

Advice needed desperately!!!

Love Olwen xxx

·
Registered
371 Posts
Olwen I was told 6w4d is the earliest to see a heartbeat but sometimes it can be seen but I would say pretty unlikely. They will be able to measure your little one though.

Good Luck tomorrow
Megan

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Olwen,

Congratulations on your BFP !

There is a website called http://www.ivf.ca/calcu.htm that helps you calculate important dates like when the first signs of a heartbeat are. Go to this website and click the retrieval/ovulation option and put in your egg collection date, click calculate and scroll down the webpage till you see the section "Fetal Development" - under there is a title "Date which heartbeat can be seen by us" - this will give you the earliest date that the heartbeat can be seen.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Audrey

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Olwen

I had my first scan at ARGC at exactly 6 weeks and was told not to expect to see a heartbeat - but there it was flicking away!

Don't worry if you don't see one though as it isn't always a cert.

Good luck!

Ruth.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Olwen

Good Luck tomorrow ^goodluck^ 

We saw the baby's heart beating at 6w 3d but as wisbabe/Ruth said dont worry if you dont - you will get to see bubs again a week later!  If you are really worried and dont want to go through the possiblity of it being too early could you change your scan for early next week - dont know if that would be more stressful though! 

Clare
xx ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Oh Olwen - you got your scan date!  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ So happy for you!

I had my first scan at 6.1 weeks with Charlie - they told me not to expect to see a h/b as it was so early - they did a tummy scan, could see the baby but not the heartbeat, but a vaginal scan showed a beautiful little heart beating away very fast.

Very best of luck,
Marie xx

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hi Olwen,

Yes we saw heartbeats at 6 weeks, but I know from the bumps thread, it is variable, and not everyone does - late implanters and all that.

Look forward to you post tomorrow.

Joy

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Good luck for your scan tomorrow, Olwen!  ^goodluck^

I know just how you feel as we had a scan at 6 weeks 3 days and I wondered if it would be better to wait until 7 weeks if it's not certain that the heartbeat will be seen that early.  We did see it though!  They will know if the measurements are in keeping with your dates so try not to worry too much if you don't see the heartbeat.. I hope you do though as it would be great for you to have some reassurance, particularly after your scare.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Will be thinking of you  ^fairydust^

love Caroline xxx

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Hi Olwen

Good luck with your scan hun.  I also saw bub's h/b at 6 weeks but went to the scan with the reservation that I wouldn't see it yet and got a nice surprise!

You'll be fine - who knows you may see more than 1 h/b.  ;D

Nic xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
751 Posts
Olwen, we also saw ours at 6w 5days (though I thought we might not be able to till 7 weeks, so was a bit taken aback when there it was, flicking rapidly!). Scan was internal. Good luck, it really is a special feeling!

Abby
x

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone.

Am feeling nervous but will try to put it out of my mind now for the rest of the evening.  As if thats going to be possible ;D ;D

Love Olwen xxx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to let you know we saw the heartbeat!!!! 

Thanks again for all the advice and reassurance.  What would I do without you all?

Love and hugs, Olwen xxx

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Thats fab news Olwen - hope you can relax a bit now and enjoy the fact that your baby is doing well!

Take care
Clare
xx

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Olwen - great news - so pleased to hear this. You must be so relieved.
Bet you will have a huge smile on your face for the rest of the day  :)

Take Care
Audrey

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congratulations Olwen!

Isn't it fab to see that little flicker on the screen.

You take care of yourself and your little one!!

Andrea xxx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Olwen

Thats fantastic news

Am so pleased for u both

Loads of love and orangeness

Emilyxx

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Olwen, that's fantastic. :) Relax and enjoy your pregnancy hun.

Take care
Nic  :)

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Brilliant news Olwen - delighted for you!  ^Heart^
Caroline xxx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.