Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my early scan after excellent betas (108 14dp ET,292 26 dp ET, 1664 20dp ET) and the sonographer has found no foetal pole of heartbeat.Our consultant wants me to have another scan in a week (to prolong the mental agony.) He said that on rare occasions he has seen this happen and that on the next scan there's a heartbeat a week later and it's a slow developer.I just want it all over with and know one way or the other to be perfectly honest.The heartbreaking thing is that they say I'm still pregnant and despite having no foetal pole or heartbeat and no bleeding,I just have to wait and see.I can't even move on and now have to sit it out the words of the consultant 'be cautiously optimistic' ringing in my ears.I so don't want false hope I just want to move on and plan cycle 6.

B xxx

·
Registered
730 Posts
Big hugs and sympathy!
We have been exactly where you are. Had a scan at our clinic at 6+3 and no heart beat or pole was seen and we were told to return in a week but to expect the worst  :'(. We are both nurses and after 2 days of mental torture, we went into work and got a sonographer friend to scan DP again and there was the most amazing heart beat  :). That little heart beat is now a very active and naughty 9 month old  ;D.
I do hope you have the same happy ending  ^pray^. I hope this week isn't too painful  ^hugme^ and I look forward to reading good news on here next week  :)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Betholm, I'm so sorry to read your post, was just flicking through the pages and came across yours.
Im sorry I cannot give you any advise on your situation but ill be thinking of you. I do know the feeling of wanting to know, I sadly had ectopic in Dec and although I knew there wasnt a baby in my womb I spent nearly 3 weeks not knowing if it was ectopic or not as no-one could find anything on a scan. I just wanted an answer and in my situation to not "feel" pregnant.
I truly hope the next scan is good and your precious embie ws just a little slow developing.
Take care
Love
Mango xxx

·
Registered
183 Posts
Beth - I so hope for a happy ending for you. This week might feel like torture, but you don't want to give up too early!!!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Just posting to send you lots of  ^hugme^ We had the exact same thing happen to us over Christmas, we had to wait from the 27th December to just after new year to find out what was happening, it's just hell waiting  ^eyes^  so know how you are feeling tonight  ^hugme^
I wanted to post and let you know I received many pm's from ladies saying they had similar scans and then went on to a healthy pregnancy  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Sadly ours was not a happy ending, but don't give up hope yet, I'll be  ^pray^ that things are different at the next scan.
I will always remember what the consultant said at the hospital "Where there is life, there is hope"
Stay strong, I'll be thinking of you  ^hugme^
Ali x

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ladies for all your lovely words of support. I am going to book a scan for when I am 8 weeks pregnant and then if there is nothing there, it will be a definitive answer. I always thought IVF was hell. What I didn't realise was that getting pregnant was only half of it and the pain continues...

Beth xxx

·
Registered
888 Posts
Beth, Wishing you all the luck in the world, I truly hope it all turns out good news for you, Try and relax the best you can, I know its easier said than done.
Love
Mango xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts