Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( :( :( :( :( Hi Girls - Hope you don't all mind me joining in on what for me is a desperate desperate day (and I know there are others in worse situations so feel sorry even writing this)
Have just started bleeding on day 12 of 2ww. Can't believe its failed again - this must be our 6th attempt I think at ICSI, I have stopped counting now! Me and DH suffer with low sperm count (low mobility) can't remember exact scores sorry - anyway we have got through to the 2ww wait each time even though I now seem to be producing few eggs - I've gone from 8 at my best to 3 the past 2 times, although each time I have been lucky enough to have 2 embies to put back - so what I produce so far has been good quality.
That doesn't make me feel any better now however given that my body seems to be rejecting them every time!!!
I have children from a previous relationship many, many years ago - won't bother you with the story but suffice to say he (my ex partner) didn't treat me very well in the end - am now with such a brilliant man and would love to share a child with him from the beginning - he is such a fab step dad - is that so wrong?
whats worse is my ex husband went on to 'sow his seed' left, right and centre (he sees none of his children) - that doesn't bother me really - its just the injustice of it all, although I am sure we all know situations like that.
I'm going on I know - its just my DH - he's still so positive it will happen one day - me I'm finding that very hard to believe at this moment !!!!
HELP! Is there anything we can do naturally to improve sperm mobility/count - we cant remember numbers but remember that his second test (a year ago now) was much improved and we have since had DH on vitamins and better diet to try and improve things naturally but get confused with what to try - is that possible?? will see my consultant to to discuss whether to have another try at ICSI - not sure if its possible to get a positive result after so many negs - has anyone else been through as many tries as this?
Just reaching out really - am still fairly new to this site and not sure where I fit in - I'd appreciate any help as feel so helpless !!!! xxxxxxx

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hi
Sorry I don't have any magic cures for you but we did try this smoothie diet for some time, and dh's sperm count did increase not by much but nonetheless it increased! Who's to say whether it was the smoothies or just general better diet or luck of the draw! Have a look, it may be worth a try, and some of them were really nice, I used to have them for my breakfast.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/humanbody/truthaboutfood/sexy/spermrace.shtml

Wishing you lots of love, and remember you're never alone!

Suzie xx

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
^hugme^
I think you are doing brilliantly to get this far ^hugme^
You may find some helpful advice on improving DH's count here:
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=35.0

My DH tried lots of things, he gave up beer and most other alcohol, he downed vitamins by the score and he gave his balls a cold shower for 2 mins twice a day for 2 years! In that time his count went from less than 1million to over 40million unfortunately however the morphology didn't improve.

Your ex sounds like a right ^swear^ and I am sure you (and your children) are MUCH better off with your new partner. I'm so sorry you are finding it hard to reach your dream together. Hopefully one day you will get there :-*

Lizi.xxx

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hi hun

I'm so sorry about what you've been through, it's absolutely soul destroying isn't it?  ^hugme^

The others have given you some great advice. Have you changed clinics at all? There's no harm in getting a second opinion to see if they can offer anything different. 

Stay strong

Sarah x

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
;) ;) Thank you so much girls - I have added you all as buddies - hope that's ok - as said still trying to get used to this site - it does ease things a bit to know there are others out there, with similar problems! 
Trying to smile and look on bright side but hard - god I feel like I'm moaning a lot - sorry!
xxx

·
Registered
170 Posts
hi worrywort

just wanted to say i'm sorry to read your story. i'm on my 2nd marriage as my ex was a  ^swear^ too, i have 2 children.  my Dh  is a great step dad and deserves to have his own children, he has retrograde ejaculation from surgery, so are about to start our icsi cycle. i know how lucky i am  to already have children but it doesn't stop the need to have a child with the one you love and create a new life from that love... so i kinda know how you feel  :)
i wish you loads of luck for any future tx and hope you and dh get your baby soon.  ^hugme^

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:( :( :( thank you so much for your reply - I went and tested a day early (day 13) which has made me mad at myself as then you start to clutch at straws I think! but know deep down AF on its way as always takes a while to kick in but I get a gunky discharge first - can't be bothered to spend more on pregnancy tests just to get another neg either - swore I'd never do another x  still not sure if should come off cyclegest - but seems daft staying on it when know AF is here x

·
Registered
449 Posts
I would advise definately to stay on Cyclogest until absolutely sure, I have seen posts on here that ladies have stopped because were convinced AF coming then it turned into a BFP, stopping cyclogest could jeopardise any possible pregnancy.  Don't give up hope  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Suzie xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts