Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been for my 6wk 3d scan and there was a 2cm sac and  a yolk but doc couldn't see heatbeat or anything else. She did say it may be squashed up in the corner or may just not be there so couldn't be very positive. My hcg levels 11 days post transfer were 275  and 5500 1 week later so was feeling quite confident until now. :'(
I've got to go back next wednesday for another scan but already feel like it is all over.
I'm just sitting at home and can't stop crying I think i would have rather had a negative result than this!!
has this happened to anyone else and been ok 1 week later or am I just clutching at straws??

thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your question but just wanted to send you a huge ^hugme^

Deb

·
Registered
104 Posts
Most clinics don't scan until at least 7 weeks due to the possibility of there being no heartbeat before, my clinic usually scan at 7 weeks (altho i insisted on going before, but that's another story!) I was warned to be aware of the possibility of not seeing a heartbeat at 6 weeks 3 days, please be aware of this & try & hold on to the possibility that things might be ok, altho it's awful not knowing & i would feel just as you do now, lots of  ^Cuddle^,
Love Poca XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Zoe,

I know exactly how you feel, as we were told at our 6 week scan that although they could see a sac and yolk sac, the sac itself was very small and the consultant refused to give us a positive prognosis.  They were also concerned about my HcG levels, as they were only doubling every 3 days, rather than every 2, so your levels do sound far more promising.  I also had a week of many tears and convinced myself that it was all over, only to have another scan at 7 weeks where we saw the heartbeat and found that the embryo had "caught up" in size. 

I know it's really hard but please try not to give up hope, as there are no guarantees that you will see a heartbeat at your stage.

Keeping everything crossed for you.

Catherine
xxx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Zoe

Please try not to worry yourself too much.....I also had the same at just under 6 weeks and my mate did too....it sounds as if it a little to early, remember the baby is only 4 weeks grown as 2 weeks is since your last period date. 

I know it's difficult not to get upset but your HCG levels are really good, so all should be well.

When have they asked to see you again and what prompted a scan so early - I only had mine because they thought I may of been having an eptopic.

Everything will be ok my fingers are crossed for you.

Love Sineadx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for trying to reassure me everyone - I feel a bit better now, helped along by a big bag of doritos and some cheese & chive dip!!!
Sinead - my clinic apparantly always scan this early which just made me think that they would expect everyone to see a heartbeat at this stage. I've got to go back next wednesday so I think I'm going to have a nightmare 6 days waiting. I'm lucky I've got really supportive dh & family to help me through it.

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.