Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thomas has been on solid food for about 6 weeks now and really enjoys it.  The only trouble is he hates his high-chair.  (Wooden BabyDan chair, pulls up to table so no tray.)

As he's teething at the moment (and off his food somewhat) I've just given in and fed him in his bouncy chair ... I'm so anxious he eats something I really don't want a fight over the high-chair.

He can't sit unaided yet so I'm wondering whether I'm just expecting too much.  A couple of weeks ago he was fine in it for lunch, but tea-time is always a no-no.  Could it be he's simply tired by the end of the afternoon and it's too much hassle?  The other thing I wonder about is that he often does a poo midway through a meal (sorry TMI!), so perhaps doing this while sitting upright is uncomfortable? 

Any thoughts / ideas gratefully received - I really don't want to buy another high-chair!!!

Katy x

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
hiya, i've got the chicco polly and lo usually loves it. . . having said that, when he is in a strop and won't go into the chair, i give him either a rice cake or his tommee tippee cup to hold (a toy would even work) and he seems to be ok enough for me to put him in.  i keep toys nearby if he kicks off as well.  hope that helps?  xx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
M used to do a poo mid feed!  i think the in one end out the other thing happens!! ;D  i think do what you are comfortable with - he will get used to it.  i used to put a blanket around M to help support her when she was little.  If you need to use the bouncy chair then i would for a little while - like you said better than havinga fight over the high chair!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
my littleun also didnt like highchair at that age - was better on lap or bouncy chair, now is fine in highchair, although a few highchair toys and some spoons to drum with is required each meal time !

·
Registered
70 Posts
hi

our ds didn't like the high chair at first (until he was around 8 months).  when we first tried it he lolled over to one side a bit and didn't seem happy.  we just put it away for a few weeks and carried on feeding in his little chair.  now he's a bit older he's fine with it as long as there are toys there!

caroline

1 - 5 of 5 Posts