Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies

I wondered if any of you can help me, really worried.

Woke up this morning and all day have had a sharp pain on and off to my right side, i think where my right ovary is. It has been intermittent but now present, feels like it stabs then something is pulling inside me. It is not an awful pain, but there and makes me take a deep breath. It has only come today and worrying that it is the start of something bad.

Husband wanted me to go see my gp, what do you guys think ? Xxx

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
I experienced similar both times early on. First time around I was really worried thinking it was an ectopic but I think it was just the stretching/pulling associated with early pregnancy and it was a bit like a stabby pain for me too. If you are really worried go and see the GP to put your mind at rest though, when is your first scan?  ^hugme^

Big Congrats on your pregnancy  :)  x

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my first scan on Thursday, if it is not too bad going to wait until then, the gp would have to scan anyway. Thanks for the congrats, I did not expect this level of worry once I got pregnant, haven't had many symptoms either so hoping all is ok xxx

·
Registered
376 Posts
Noelle, I am 8 weeks tomorrow and have had the same thing a couple of times through the night and it really freaked me out, I think it was from over doing it (carrying our 20mth old) and the enlarged ovaries were reacting...have had a scan and everything fine and she said the ovaries were still enlarged...I just try not to carry her too much now if I can avoid it and only have the odd twinge now...hth..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dazey... gosh I am willing these days away although counting every new day towards the 12 week mark a blessing xx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
hey

i had same..in fact i still do but its cos it takes ovaries a while to settle back down..

i did mention this to the doc and was told not to worry cos wee bean is still too far down for pain to be anythin to do with it..

its only when u get to 9+ weeks that the baby moves above ur pubic bone slightly so try not to worry and just enjoy bein pregnant :):)

congrats pet :):)

Jen xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts