Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I feel awful posting this on here because I don't want to panic any of you awaiting scans but with this new system I don't think I can post anywhere else.

I have had my first scan today and there was no foetal pole and therefore no heartbeat (gestational sac and yolk sac ok). They have told me to come back on Monday but to expect the worst. Don't worry I do know very well that there should be at least a pole by now but has anyone had this with a good surprise when they've gone back? I had 2 quite high hcg readings (170 at 15 days post EC and 1494 a week later) and also my nausea has really kicked off this week and sore boobs etc. I know it can't be a late implanter because I had high HCG levels early on, but is there a chance??

Words can't describe how upset I am, I'm not sure how I'll cope but I guess I will find a way.

Love
Cath
X

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Hi cath J.

Did'nt want to read and run sweetie, but I am sorry I have no words of wisdom to offer.  Its not over till its over though, trying keep a little positive.

Take care hun  ^hugme^
I will keep you in my  ^pray^.
Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
I will keep checking back to see how you are going.

Love TQ.xxx

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Cath

No words of wisdom here either. I also had a scan with an empty sac last week. It was small for dates and an irregular shape. I was told to expect the worst. I too have had bouts of sickness (not I'm not sure its just nerves and worry).

Words don't do it justice but wanted to send you a big ^hugme^ and hope there is some good news in the near future for both of us.

Love
Deb

·
Registered
448 Posts
sorry you are going through this, i did have an empty sac once at around 7 weeks and then the next week there was a heartbeat. But that was a natural cycle and they thought i had my dates wrong (though I know they were pretty right based on how early i got the postive test). Unfortunately i went on to miscarry anyway a few weeks later, which may have had something to do with the late development.
I have heard of happy endings in this situation though so don't give up yet.
best of luck.
xC

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for your replies. I'm assuming from the lack of replies I've had that there isn't an awful lot of hope.
Charlies-mum, I am so sorry for you also it is such a horrible thing. How many weeks were you when you had the scan? Did they not tell you to come back?
Chandelle - Your stroy has given me a little hope although of course I am expecting the worst. Had a blood test done today so this should give an indication if levels have declined. Will know later today or tomorrow.

Good luck all of you with your different journeys. Life is so cruel!
X

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Cath ^hugme^ I have to go back on Tuesday for another scan. Am most confused at the moment as getting mixed message from the EPU. I guess it is just a case of wait and see but its a horrid horrid time.....

·
Registered
448 Posts
let us know how the blood test goes and hang in there for Monday. ^hugme^

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I've had my hcg blood test back and it had gone up to 17,996 from 1494 16 days previously. Once the levels get over 1200 the rate of increase slows down to 72-96 days and after 6000 can be over 4 days. With that in mind, this result points to my levels still rising this week. I have no blood and no cramping and am now feeling constantly nauseous and dizzy, I'm so confused. I phoned my clinic and the nurse said that the levels don't drop unless you start to miscarry. However if they had got up to 17,996 before this week (assuming the embryo stopped before this week IF it stopped ) then the increase would have been at a much faster rate than the norm. I now obviously am hopeful that it was a mistake/they were looking at wrong sac or for some reason there was nothing there yet.
Charlies-Mum - how are you? I am so sorry that you are going through this too, it is so unbearable. What more can be thrown at us? ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Love
C
X

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Cath  ^hugme^ im in the same boat. Went for scan on thurs at 6w2d and they saw a gestation sac and a yolk but no featal pole
            Have to go back on Monday as well. Sick with worry. Wish the weekend would go faster. Just want to get it over with.
            Wishing you lots of luck for Monday. What time is your app mines at 330.

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
All the best of luck ladies waiting for your scans and blood tests etc. What a nerve wracking time for you when you deserve to be celebrating. No wise words but a hugs hug  ^hugme^

Kay xxx

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Kay, it is truly awful.
LyndaLou try not to worry too much, it is quite common for there to be no foetal pole at 6 weeks.My clinic used to do the scans at 6.5 weeks but changed it to 7 because they had to ask so many people to come back due to inconclusive results and often the situation reversed.

Best of luck. I know how you are feeling

XXXX

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Girls good luck with your scans this week. I hope you get the results you want.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Cath and Lyndalou  ^hugme^

Just wanted to say that I am really hoping that your scans have a positive turn tomorrow  ^reiki^ 

I wanted to ask as well, are you calculating your dates on the fertility friends calculator or what the clinic are telling you.  When I went for my first scan there was no heart beat, FF calc had me at 7 weeks, but clinic dated me 6 weeks and 4 days?  I changed my ticker etc. to 6 weeks 4 days, those three days can make alot of difference in the early days.  I think the difference is between dating from egg collection or embryo transfer.  I had a three day transfer so that makes sense.

Louj x  :-*

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I had a scan a there was no foetal pole 5 weeks and 6 days my BHCG was 297 on test day but doidn't climb as high as your was 1300 at 5 weeks and 4 days.  I had a scan a week later at 6 weeks and 5 days and there was a pole and slow hb,  a week later it had stopped beating.  I really hope that your scan show something positive for you tomorrow hun.
L x

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Thanks for posts girls. Every bit of encouragement helps.

Louj  I had my dates at 6w4d but your right it is from 2 weeks from ec which would be like your natural ovulation.
        She said I was 6w2d at scan on thurs so tommorow will be 6w6d for 2nd scan.  ^pray^

JJ1    So sorry that you bfp didnt continue ^hugme^ ~

Cath  Hope your coping ok  ^pray^all will be ok at your scan

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
^fingerscrossed^ for tomorrow ladies ^hugme^

·
Registered
308 Posts
Good Luck everyone who is having scans this week - I pray that we all have the good news we are longing for.

Love
Apricot xx

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks All

I have to say, the more I read the more worried I am.

Praying for a miracle.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Thinking of you today  :-*  Sending lots of  ^reiki^ to you both!

Louj x

·
Registered
448 Posts
Cath - wishing you the best for today.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts