Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, any support welcome please
I am seven weeks pregnant, and have been feeling nauseous for the last week or so.  But two days ago I had terrible 'morning' sickness - couldn't even keep water down, and this continued for almost 48 hrs.  But since yesterday evening I've felt fine, and nothing today.
I am really worried, as last time the day I stopped feeling/being sick was the day I found out I had had a missed miscarriage.
Does anyone have any reassurance?!  I don't think it's worth doing another test as presumably my hormones will still give a positive result?
Ali*
PS Not sure where I should post this, so duplicate under Ask a Midwife

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Hi hun - didn't want to read and run.

it must be very scary when you have had a mmc before, but symptoms really do come and go so i would try not to worry. Ha ha - easy for me to say, but i would try to enjoy not feeling sick for a couple of days before it comes back and hits you again!!

big hugs - i'm sure it will all be fine.

sallywags

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
If you are worried go and see if you can have an early scan at EPU just for reassurance and peace of mind!! I had a MMC and know that i am going to be so paranoid next time round i will be getting scans every week to make sure all is fine!!

good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Julia
xxxx

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hi hun :)

I have had really sore boobs the last few days and today they feel normal and no amount of prodding and poking will make them sore again ^bigbad^ It is a really hard time and like julia said if you are really worried try and get a scan hun.  But symptoms do come and go.

I am sure it will be fine. ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Rachelxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi Ali
I have read loads on this board where symptoms come and go. Maybe you should call your clinic for reassurance, or try to get a scan over the weekend.  ^hugme^

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Hi

My (mild) symptoms disappeared in both my pregnancies about 8-8.5w and I had very different outcomes.

Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ please hang in there. I know how scary this is, I went completely manic when it happened this time but all was well. Maybe try and get a scan to put your mind at rest. Also sometimes you may just get days when you feel "normal" when you dont usually....

And you are right not to POAS as I did this my first pgy in the hospital and all looked fine from that result and it wasnt.  In fact I didnt poas once with this most recent pregnancy...!

Sometimes symptoms do go that early as your body gets used to things....this is what happened to me this time and I had an almost symptomless pregnancy (except for the stuff that went with carrying a huge bump later) from thereon  ^reiki^

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ladies.
Rang my GP and he suggests doing a test on Monday as HCG levels apparently drop off quite quickly in the 48hrs after a pregnancy 'fails' so should give a definite result one way or another.  Going to be a very long weekend . . .

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ali i know how you feel, i'm 8w3d and was feeling nausea from 4w3d until last Saturday when it just disappeared and i've had none since, just been really really hungry.  I had a small bleed on Sunday and went into the EGU for a scan where everything was fine, it's been an anxious time and if i hadn't had the scan i would have been feeling awful, so if you can get a scan for reassurance then i would recommend that you do that.

Hope it works out fine for you
Kirstie

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Im with Kirstie hon with regards to having a scan as my levels were still very high a week after they believe I actually mc.  JMHO obviously but it really helped me when my symptoms disappeared this time and I saw a wiggly embie on the screen.  Can you not go to the EPU or even A&E?  I found them very empathetic probably because of my history.

xx

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Hi
I have had bad nausea for the last week hun not just on a morning but throughout the day, but yesterday had nothing I was worried sick. i had my scan today but convinced myself last night that it was going to be bad news today, went for scan and there was a strong HB I am still in shock and so over the moon
So please dont worry symptoms do come and go

xxx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts