Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone.  I would appreciate some advice.  I am on my 2nd tx.  the first one I got 15 eggs collected, 11 fertilised but only 3 made it past day 3. 

On this cycle I only had 8 eggs collected which was a surprise as I knew that most of the follies were still very small.  Now they have told me only 4 were suitable to inject and 3 fertilised overnight.

I am worried that if we get the same drop off rate as we did for the first cycle then we might not have any embies on day 3....also should the clinic have stopped this cycle if the follies were not responding?

I need some positive thoughts as currently feeling very low  :(

V.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

Sorry you are feeling so low.  I have read stories on here about women who have had one egg and led to a BFP.  Perhaps the ones you've got will be the ones to lead to your BFP.  heres hoping.  It's a horrible waiting game and I hated making the phone call to find out about fertilisation etc but fingers crossed you get some fab embies.  Take care,

Tracy

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry to hear thing haven't gone as well as you hoped. As you can read on my profile, I had only one follicle, one egg and one embie to transferand am on 2ww. Don't give up hope yet, you would only need one or two to put back anyway, so try to look at 3 as a bonus for now. Hope you have good news tommorow and can carry on to ET, best of luck.
                                                                                                                          Ally

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tracy - I know it can happen just dreading the call tomorrow to find out if there are all still going....

Ally - good luck - it does only take 1 and you are right - 3 is a bonus.

V x

·
Registered
726 Posts
hi hun try not to worry to much i only ever got 2 eggs collected on my uk collection but they always ferted and where transfered my consultant always tells me its not the quantity its the quality that counts and he is right  i have read profiles of girls who get 20 eggs and none fert so try not to worry with icsi you should have a better rate of sucess think its 80%or so so you should get atleast 2 to transfer. fingers crossed for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.
love poopy.xxx

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Hi hon

I have always been a poor responder and also my fert rates started off dreadfully

1/6 fertilised in tx 1 and didnt go any further
(2nd tx cancelled)
2/5 fertilised and were put back in on my third tx.  I got a bfp in September 06 but sadly mmc in the november.
2/3 fertilised on my fourth tx (and one was always gonna be dodgy) and I now have a dd.

Fertilisation rates can in fact improve and it really does only take one.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Millychick...

How did i go today?

Lou xx

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
i only had 8 collected, two of which were viable and only one embie was really at a normal stage by day 3. resulted in our daughter.xx

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all your positive messages.  I had ET today and ended up with one Grade 1 8 cell and one Grade 2 8 cell with a little bit of fragmentation.  The other embie was grade 3/4 but also 8 cells.  I let it go - hopefully that was the right decision??

So I am now officially PUPO - test date 25/06!!!!

V xx

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi Millychick,

That's really great news, good luck with your  ^2ww^
Foxy x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts